• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where does Yi play?

TexasPete

Quote:

Obviously you can't mention his size because Amare Stoudemire and Dwight Howard are the same height.

Too bad for Horford that you don't play basketball with your head because Howard has a 4.5" higher reach and Amare has a 1.5" higher reach as well as a higher vert, more strength and quickness.

Horford isn't as strong as Shelden let alone those two.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

is constantly banging on Billy Knight for taking forwards and then going KooKoo for Cocoa Puffs on an internet site about two more.

pillepalle.gif

-------------------------

sorry, i don't want to hijack this topic. i am just curious the phrase "KooKoo for Cocoa Puffs " ,what's the meaning?

who can tell me about this? thanks in advance~~

Koo Koo for cocoa puffs is a way of saying that something is crazy and doesn't make sense. We have needed a PG for years and have always passed them in the draft while we suffer without a decent one.

Some here think we should take the best PG available to us. Not everyone agrees.

Quote:

Koo Koo for cocoa puffs is a way of saying that something is crazy and doesn't make sense. We have needed a PG for years and have always passed them in the draft while we suffer without a decent one.

Some here think we should take the best PG available to us. Not everyone agrees.

----------------

thank you sir. but what is 'KOO', i checked it in my "advanced oxford dictionary",but couldn't found it. blush.gifblush.gif

Quote:

Quote:

is constantly banging on Billy Knight for taking forwards and then going KooKoo for Cocoa Puffs on an internet site about two more.

pillepalle.gif

-------------------------

sorry, i don't want to hijack this topic. i am just curious the phrase "KooKoo for Cocoa Puffs " ,what's the meaning?

who can tell me about this? thanks in advance~~

It's a slogan (Coo Coo for...) from an old tv advertising series of commercials for a cereal called Cocoa Puffs. (another Yi hopefull here unless Golden State will give us Biedrins at C for him)

Quote:

Quote:

----------------

thank you sir. but what is 'KOO', i checked it in my "advanced oxford dictionary",but couldn't found it. blush.gifblush.gif

Your dedication to learning the language is impressive. Unfortunately there are a lot of slang sayings that you won't find (at least i hope not) in any dictionary.

I don't know where he'd play, or how long it might take him to be ready to do so. There's always the possibility that he could come in and blow-up right away- but that's pretty rare for rookies, and from all the reports I've seen, YI needs to spend a lot of time in the weight-room and thus might take awhile to develop.

But if we do take him, or even Horford for that matter- I believe that would necessitate the need for us to trade one of our other forwards. You can't have lotto picks riding the pine...that just doesn't work.

Quote:

Quote:

Obviously you can't mention his size because Amare Stoudemire and Dwight Howard are the same height.

Too bad for Horford that you don't play basketball with your head because Howard has a 4.5" higher reach and Amare has a 1.5" higher reach as well as a higher vert, more strength and quickness.

Horford isn't as strong as Shelden let alone those two.

Horford is stronger than both coming into the league. And with his broad shoulders, he could easily catch up to them now in that department in a year or two.

Amare does have a 1.5 inch higher reach but it may be less than that considering Amare weighed slighlty less w/o shoes but somehow more w/ shoes. So perhaps it's only really a 1 inch advantage. Even if it is 1.5, that's still nothing.

And no they do not have higher verts considering Horford has a 35.5 inch vert and that is the listed vert for both of them.

As far as quickness, perhaps he doesn't have the first step of an Amare Stoudemire but he certainly has some outstanding mobility for a player his size with and without the basketball.

The position that he averaged 16.5 ppg, 8.5 rpg, and 3 bpg AS A 21 YEAR OLD?!?!?!

That is beyond stupid.

We have no need for a 4 in this draft.

We have no need for a 3.

Needs are PG and C.

Taking Yi doesn't solve [censored], unless you're planning on trading Smoove, which would be far dumber than drafting Yi.

Quote:

The position that he averaged 16.5 ppg, 8.5 rpg, and 3 bpg AS A 21 YEAR OLD?!?!?!

That is beyond stupid.

We have no need for a 4 in this draft.

We have no need for a 3.

Needs are PG and C.

Taking Yi doesn't solve [censored], unless you're planning on trading Smoove, which would be far dumber than drafting Yi.

Yeah honestly the only place where Yi fits right now is off the bench and that is too high a pick to draft another bench player.

Also, I don't know if China would approve of Yi being benched on a team like the Hawks.

We have to take a guy who can play the 5 next year and Horford is the only option. He's not the greatest of options at the 5, but he is the ONLY option.

It's him or Hawes and Hawes is pretty much a wasted pick

On second thought, if Yi can develop into a guy who is capable of starting at C in the 2008 he's worth the pick.

Or if Shelden Williams somehow surprises us all and becomes a formidable 5, then there IS room for Yi.

Smoove can still be a great 3.

Then Marvin just becomes a bench player. Either that or we trade him for a PG and take BPA at #11

Quote:

You rode Yi's nuts worse than anyone else on here.

I'm not sold that Horford can play C, but he would be a MUCH better pick than Yi.

I'd still rather have Conley, but Horford is my 2nd choice.

Yi is still 2nd on my list.

It just means Shelden has to be our C for now.

I forgot about that.

I'd take Yi over Conley for sure.

Yi and Law is a much better combo than Law and Hawes IMO.

Law

Joe Johnson

Josh Smith

Yi Jianlian

Shelden Williams

That team is interesting.

I'll take Shelden at C over Hawes anyday.

Any where he wants to!!

First, we make the lottery picks - then we decide

who plays where.

Regardless of who the Hawks pick, this is true.

Horford isn't guaranteed to be a center. Whoever

we pick next isn't guaranteed a starting spot.

laugh.gif

Quote:

The player you want at #3 could fall to #11. That's how far you are reaching.

Conley will not be around at 11. 4, 6, or 10 look likely. I don't think Memphis is blowing smoke about Conley being their #2 choice after Horford. Yi is not likely to play for Memphis, so who else does that leave for them? Milwaukee may not want to give Mo Williams a big contract in the near future, so Conley could make sense for them. Conley is leaving too good of an impression on teams with his work outs for him to drop down.

Quote:

Are you guys actually from China? What city would you like to see Yi play?

----------

I am from beijing & Ningxia (northwest china), i'd like Yi

to play a relative weak team, not necessary a big city. Atlanda is my first choice for Yi now, simply because i start to like this forum more and more.