• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

can MUTOMBO really help the NETS?

cyman3

philly lost to the lakers and believed that MUTOMBO had the best chance of guarding/containing SHAQ (which was a POPULAR BELIEF a few years ago)...

but is that still TRUE?

If u were a NBA coach, which center would u have guarding SHAQ?

do u still think MUTOMBO has the best chance of limiting shaq or do u think others can do better?

No Center can really guard Shaq. They are either too small or if they have some size too slow. Divac did do a decent job last year. Mutombo can help them in the Eastern Conference but not in the finals if they get there.

• Premium Member

Can Deke help NJ? YES. They need his rebounding.

What C would I want to play against Shaq?

Either Vlade, Magloire, or Derrick Coleman.

Vlade because he's crafty enough to draw fouls on Shaq and to fustrate him.

Coleman because when his mind is in the game (like it is now), he's strong enough to provide opposition to Shaq and he can also make Shaq work on defense. Magloire because that boy is nasty. He's more athletic than Shaq, Strong, and will cause Shaq some problems. The truth is that Shaq has always had a problem with Big C. He's just a bully really. The league has allowed him to use that big Shoulder drop. It should be illegal because it's a charge...

However, You would need the right 1-2 combo on Shaq. I say a PF/C combo.... My choice would be Karl Malone/Dikembe. These two would certainly stop Shaq. The Lakers have been lucky. IN their runs, they haven't stopped by Utah in a while. I'm hoping that's a first round matchup. Karl Malone has always given Shaq problems. They no longer have the guns to manhandle the Lakers but it use to be fun to see Malone chopping Shaq and making Shaq play defense and killing the Lakers with the high post pick and roll.

• Premium Member

I disagree.

Deke did a really good job of playing Shaq one on one. It allowed the 76ers to play everyone else man to man and exposed Kobe. It wasn't until they took advantage of Shaq's Speed in the run outs and They allowed Shaq to drop Shoulders on Deke that the Lakers took over the series. However, the combo of Deke/Geiger gave Shaq trouble (momentary).