• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Take a minute to remember

cyman3

While we are all fighting over drafting Yi, Horford, Conley... lets take a minute to realize that we were REALLY close to having 0 draft picks this year. We were close to giving SUNS (a championship contender) the 4th pick.

Talk about another LONG season!

Instead, we are in a BEAUTIFUL position.

We have 2 lottery picks. We can be a playoff team next year and hopefully give the SUNS a late 1st round pick. lets give them another BORIS DIAW!

Random Question: If we draft Yi, do u think JOE JOHNSON + JOSH SMITH would get more recognition + more votes for the allstar team (since CHINA would be voting for the hawks players)?

remember, China helped YAO MING get more votes over SHAQ. Im hoping if we draft Yi, JJ + SMOOVE will get some exposure.

Yep thats why I look at it as a free pick imo. So if we took Conley 3rd it was pretty free because we are lucky to be here with the 3rd pick. If we take YI at 3 we need to trade up with say the Bucks and get Conley. Some people say Conley is too high for 3 but cmon let's look at our PGs they are the worst in the NBA hands down we need a good young point guard in the worse way to grow with our young players. You think the young players wanna listen to suck azz point guards on how to run the team no way. If we could find a way to draft Yi and Conley this draft would be an instant success and turn this franchise around instantly. I do believe if we get YI if he can not play center either Shelden or Marvin need to go to make room for Yi in the starting lineup. I think he would add alot of exposure with Conley if they are truly the real deals. We would finally have alot of televised games and get some much need national pub. BK GET YI and CONLEY!! GO HAWKS.

I can understand the desire some have to get Mike Conley, but I want to see someone show me a plan that has us getting Mike Conley with the 3rd pick and a big man that will improve our interior defense with the 11th pick?

Because that's the issue here. We can take Conley with the 3rd pick and fill our point guard need. However, we will still have a hole defensively in the paint. Conversely, the Hawks can take Al Horford with the 3rd pick and still be able to land a point guard with the 11th pick like Javaris Crittenton.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Conversely, the Hawks can take Al Horford with the 3rd pick and still be able to land a point guard with the 11th pick like Javaris Crittenton.

To some, there is only one point guard in this draft therefore the second player taken is inconsequential! So don't try to convince the Conley/Smoove camp that the Hawks have more than one hole to fill on the team. These guys are o.k. with Conley at #3 and a small forward at #11. But if you suggest a powerforward at #3 then that is different! We are duplicating again! Go figure. russian.gif

We would be in an even better position if someone other then BK was doing the drafting.

As for more all-star votes and recognition for the other Hawks if they draft Yi I could care less. The only recognition they should get should come on the heals of winning games. Nothing else matters.

Drafting Yi makes a lot of business sense just like Yao did for Houston. We add a market of a gazillion people who now care about the Hawks. Merchandise sells for Atlanta HAVE to be terrible but Yi would make those numbers go through the roof. Conley would best help our team as far as a need player and Horford seems to be the best post player ready to go RIGHT now. I don't think Yi is on Atlanta's radar to be honest. I think Conley is their main goal but they want to grab him a little later and pick something else up. Of course, the whole Jarret Jack thing is also a possibility with the 11th pick which means we draft Al with the 3rd.

Quote:

Quote:

Conversely, the Hawks can take Al Horford with the 3rd pick and still be able to land a point guard with the 11th pick like Javaris Crittenton.

To some, there is only one point guard in this draft therefore the second player taken is inconsequential! So don't try to convince the Conley/Smoove camp that the Hawks have more than one hole to fill on the team. These guys are o.k. with Conley at #3 and a small forward at #11. But if you suggest a powerforward at #3 then that is different! We are duplicating again! Go figure. russian.gif

Great post

Quote:

Drafting Yi makes a lot of business sense just like Yao did for Houston. We add a market of a gazillion people who now care about the Hawks. Merchandise sells for Atlanta HAVE to be terrible but Yi would make those numbers go through the roof. Conley would best help our team as far as a need player and Horford seems to be the best post player ready to go RIGHT now. I don't think Yi is on Atlanta's radar to be honest. I think Conley is their main goal but they want to grab him a little later and pick something else up. Of course, the whole Jarret Jack thing is also a possibility with the 11th pick which means we draft Al with the 3rd.

With Yi, our owners will have enough extra money never to worry about paying luxury tax for this cash cow franchise. That will help us have a deeper team than we would have without Yi. We already have discussed the freakish talent of Yi to the death.

Quote:

I don't think Yi is on Atlanta's radar to be honest.

how did u come to this belief?

we sent a convoy, including current players, out to LA to see Yi and meet with his people

i can see u thinking that we won't pick Yi, but i'm unsure how you came to the conclusion that he's not on our radar when there is proof he is on our radar

Yes your right, we are blessed. Some seem to have wished we didn't get our picks as to fill their agenda's (firing people). Now we have an opportunity to position us Globally. Which means ultimately More flexibilty. It means more finances for the ownership to attract future players, to sit at the table of the Leagues elite teams because of the Global popularity. There are hundreds of Millions reasons to select Yi. I trust BK and the brain trust to see clear and pick the logical players and logical strategies. The windfall of Yi coupled with the selection of the most talented Guard in the draft (Javaris Crittenton) will decide short and long term success. Young star players will line up to play on this team.

But BK knows this.

surfing.gif