• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

When we change jerseys, we are officially a joke

TroyMcClure

As if we weren't already. smirk.gif I really don't know if I can deal with this. The only thing that makes these absolutely horrid teams the "Hawks" is the jersey. Most of us associate the Hawks with the Pac Man, or at the very least, with red, gold, black and white. Even the yellow is acceptable to me. I could possibly be in favor of the Pistol Petes. But red white and blue like the Clippers? WTF? We are about to lose our identity. This makes me have absolutely ZERO respect for Gearon. He should know that there will be mass outrage among the few remaining fans. Ah, I forgot that he doesn't give a sheeet about us. Screw Gearon and his dad and everything they think that they have "done" for us, the citizens of Georgia. The Hawks are a toy for this jerkoff. Like a GD Barbie Doll! "oooh, wouldn't blue and red look cute?" We don't change BK or Woody or Bernie, but we change the uniforms?

You know what though, no one really seems to care anymore. I think that about sums it up. Go Hawks, or whatever you are!

Mass outrage? By whom?

You are pretty much alone on your desire to keep the current Hawks colors, and at the most, you are in a very silent minority. The Red and Yello combined is an eyesore.

The fact is, the Hawks had the red, white, and blue color scheme when they first moved to Atlanta, so this isn't coming up with something new. It's going back to the color scheme of the original Atlanta Hawks teams.

Red, white, and blue is going to be a much better, much more eye pleasing color scheme, particularly if the blue is a navy blue much like the Atlanta Braves blue.

Quote:

The Red and Yello combined is an eyesore.

#21 was an eyesore, huh?

look, I didn't choose the colors, I just grew up with them.

Quote:

The fact is, the Hawks had the red, white, and blue color scheme when they first moved to Atlanta, so this isn't coming up with something new. It's going back to the color scheme of the original Atlanta Hawks teams.

Yeah, we know. Wasn't the Tri Cities Hawks original scheme red and white, with absolutely no blue?

There was barely any tv then. Iconic images had not formed in emerging markets. The Finals weren't even live until like 83 or something! The point is that we all associate the Hawks with those colors, not the late 60's ones. How many realy old Hawks fans have you met? And if you've met even one, did they long for the "old" jersey? Please.

Definitely...This coming week can turn this franchise around like nobody's business. Get a Gasol / Dwight Howard (I wish) for a #3 + players package and keep Smith and Joe, and then we're talking about a legit basketball team.

Stay healthy this coming season + make the right moves on draft night = middle of the pack Eastern Conference playoff team

I like old school style jerseys. The Falcons have always had some variation of red, black, and white.

Quote:

Hopefully we just don't get cursed like the season the Falcons changed their jerseys.

What are you talking about? When we just went with the new style? We weren't cursed. We're the Falcons, BBB! We've never had back to back winning seasons!

I think it's really sad that the team I watched with Dominique, Doc, etc. that led to Mookie, smitty, Deke... has led to this. It's not the jersey and changing it is a little insulting to me.

Quote:

Definitely...This coming week can turn this franchise around like nobody's business. Get a Gasol / Dwight Howard (I wish) for a #3 + players package and keep Smith and Joe, and then we're talking about a legit basketball team.

Stay healthy this coming season + make the right moves on draft night = middle of the pack Eastern Conference playoff team

You know there's not a chance of any of that happening, right?

Quote:

We are about to lose our identity.

given the "identity" the hawks have had for the last 10 years, i don't really seem to mind too much losing it. honestly, i don't think the jerseys looked too bad, but with the color theme throughout the areana, it made it look like a mcdonald's playland. fans can quit searching for ronald, now.

Quote:

Quote:

given the "identity" the hawks have had for the last 10 years, i don't really seem to mind too much losing it. honestly, i don't think the jerseys looked too bad, but with the color theme throughout the areana, it made it look like a mcdonald's playland. fans can quit searching for ronald, now.

I feel you, but what "fans" are you talking about? The product on the floor needs to change before ANYTHING else is done, imo.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I feel you, but what "fans" are you talking about? The product on the floor needs to change before ANYTHING else is done, imo.

Actually the GM needs to change before anything else can change. Based on his past draft blunders and the info we have about who he wants to draft now, it is just amazing to me that this clown still has a job in basketball.

As far as the Hawks being a joke

spiegelmanwelcome.jpg

Quote:

Mass outrage? By whom?

You are pretty much alone on your desire to keep the current Hawks colors, and at the most, you are in a very silent minority. The Red and Yello combined is an eyesore.

Red, white, and blue is going to be a much better, much more eye pleasing color scheme, particularly if the blue is a navy blue much like the Atlanta Braves blue.

I'm with him...We have had these colors as long as I have been a fan (20+ years) and I do not welcome a completely different look either. Surprised Dominique hasn't stepped up to put a stop to this. The new Uni's better be sweet.

Quote:

I'm waiting to see them before I bash em. But maybe they're adding Blue to add to the Blueland theme for Philips Arena?

thanks for being sensible about it. Gimme a break Troy....

at least SEE em before you bash em.and as for it changing the outlook for the Hawks...what harm could it possibly do? in the last 5 years, look at what teams have changed Uni's and/or Colors:

Orlando

Toronto

Cleveland

Denver

Houston

Indiana

Memphis

Milwaukee

the best example is cleveland...they COMPLETELY revamped their look, added key players, stayed healthy, and look where they are now?

and you're saying the Hawks cant do the same?

russian.gif

Funny, that's pretty much what I thought the national media would think. He pretty much echoed my thoughts. It's a cheap money grab and if they don't draft Yi now, then they are dumber than I ever thought possible. I mean... c'mon, we look almost identical to Team USA!

Just a thought... Wouldn't it be sweet if the first thing Belkin did when and if he wins, is to bring bac the Pac?