• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jian9417

MikeWilksBooth

Quote:

Watch him disappear if we don't draft Yi. He's the kind of fan I don't want supporting this team. I bet he's never watched a Hawk game in his life and all he's doing is being a Yi groupie. It's little stuff like this that upsets me.

I know you're not a member of that same group of nonfans, but I find this post ironic coming from MikeWilksBooth? smile.gif Fans with player-names as their handles always crack me up.

• Premium Member

Uhm.. this board has always been filled with groupies. IF Smoove is traded, watch we lose a lot of people?? What's your point.

If Nique would have never been a Hawk, I wouldn't be here.

well this was my first name on here that I made when I was in 8th? grade. I thought it would show more dedication as a fan to bring back my old name rather than make a new one and become some kind of "bandwagoner" from out of nowhere. MikeWilksBooth was pretty damn clever for a 13 year old lol.

Quote:

Uhm.. this board has always been filled with groupies. IF Smoove is traded, watch we lose a lot of people?? What's your point.

If Nique would have never been a Hawk, I wouldn't be here.

I agree with you 100% there. But the difference is, you've been a fan since Nique and you've stayed a fan since Nique's been off the active roster. That's the kind of fan we need! I don't care how people get turned onto the team, as long as they stick with it.

• Premium Member

In the world of FAcy, you can't expect that.

We just have friends.

I remember Hanno Mottola's following that used to be here.

I remember Antoine Walker's following.

I remember that 1 chick who used to follow Al Harrington.

Players move. IF your favorite player moves, more than likely, you will move with him.

I stayed after Nique left because, I couldn't follow the Clipps, but I did root for them in the playoffs.

I can't apply that to a Yi fan. First off, Yi is not in the league yet. So how could you?

a) i kinda miss employee 8

b) i'm not a fan of discriminating against other fans and dictating what a 'fan' should or shouldn't do...we have this debate around tank-or-not time and some people say 'true fans wanna tank to get better' and others say 'true fans wanna win every game'...but i'm not a fan of dictating those terms...we are all fans on here...sure, some may be more hardcore than others, but who cares?

Quote:

Watch him disappear if we don't draft Yi. He's the kind of fan I don't want supporting this team. I bet he's never watched a Hawk game in his life and all he's doing is being a Yi groupie. It's little stuff like this that upsets me.

I could be wrong but I don't think they claim to be lifelong hawks fans. They are chinese ball fans who are interested in the hawks because we might draft a chinese star. I don't see any problem as long as people don't pretend something they're not.

Honestly, I don't think this team can discriminate "fans". We should take em' wherever we can get them. Phillips ain't sellng out every night so I don't care. Alot of true fans started out as "fair-weather" fans. I started watching FSU as a kid because alot of my friends did. I grew to love the team (mainly football and basketball) and followed their sports religiously even when my friends started rooting for UGA when we got a little older. Whatever draws people to a team is something I could care less about. It's what the team does on the court and I think alot of that success will be determined by how much we get out there and give them a real home court advantage.

For the record, my handle is the same on here as it is on Bill Shank's Braves' site as well. It has nothing to do with anything sports actually so I can't get accused of being a bandwagon fan.

Quote:

It's not a safe bet.

Then, pls check the link, could u get a little stuff from that?

(http://bbs.hoopchina.com/htm_data/98/0706/207246.html)

Quote:

---------------------------

you are right,buddy. i'm a "yi only fan" at this forum at this time. i watch hawks game only when they match with Rockets .

so this is the reason you don't want supporting your team?

what a pathetic baby you are!to be honest, i'm fine with that .i don't care what's your feeling too much.

Yeah, you have to start out somewhere. If a fan starts watching a team because of one player, for me it would be difficult not to become a fan of the whole team. And yes, it's possible they might leave with the player, but hey, if we get 10 new fans, and 4 of them leave, there's still 6 that stay.

If we don't pick Yi, I'm sure most Yi fans won't hang around, but that's fine, they were just getting and giving information like everyone else. I don't think any of them have said "I love the Hawks!" or anything like that.

You have no idea what type of fan someone is until you know them over time, and I think it's pretty rude to post a thread about someone who hasn't done anything to show that they are not genuine.

The 1997 playoff hawks are the reason I am still around.

However I do follow the teams of Adam Morrison, JJ Redick, and about to be josh mcroberts. I also cheer for the suns and mavs in the plyoffs because of dirk and nash, but I follow those players rather than the team. I wouldnt say I like those teams, just those players, but would never cheer against the hawks.

Quote:

Yeah, you have to start out somewhere. If a fan starts watching a team because of one player, for me it would be difficult not to become a fan of the whole team. And yes, it's possible they might leave with the player, but hey, if we get 10 new fans, and 4 of them leave, there's still 6 that stay.

If we don't pick Yi, I'm sure most Yi fans won't hang around, but that's fine, they were just getting and giving information like everyone else. I don't think any of them have said "I love the Hawks!" or anything like that.

You have no idea what type of fan someone is until you know them over time, and I think it's pretty rude to post a thread about someone who hasn't done anything to show that they are not genuine.

I don't care if it's rude. It's how I feel. Every post of his is about Yi, or sucking off Yi. I don't feel the need to read the botched English if I know it's talking about how almighty he is. To all YI bandwagoners, go to the Rockets or make a commitment to the Hawks right after the draft and become a Hawks fan AND a Yi fan. Discuss the team, not just Yi. This is stemming from when the Falcons got Michael Vick, suddenly they got a real fanbase. What a bunch of crap most of these "fans" are.

Quote:

"Yeah, you have to start out somewhere. If a fan starts watching a team because of one player, for me it would be difficult not to become a fan of the whole team..."

---------------------------------------

thanks. i had watched almost every rockets game since they

picked yao at 2002 .i can't describe properly how disappointment i was when they screwed the playoff again.

yes, i was a "yao only fan" at first, but now i believe i'm a lifetime rockets fan. smirk.gif