• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Get excited...For a bit...

BHayley

From hoopshype NBA Rumors:

The Atlanta Hawks are also making a concerted pitch for Garnett. The Hawks, who are in desperate need a franchise-type player, are dangling their two lottery picks – Nos. 3 and 11 – and other considerations for Garnett.

If we could trade the two picks + ZaZa + Speedy, and then trade Childress for Calderon, and then sign a couple guys to fill our team, that'd be nice too...

Calderon / Speedy / Lue / AJ

JJ / Salim

Marvin / JJ

Smoove / Shelden

Garnett / Shelden / Solomon

Here's my KG offer:

Josh Childress

Zaza Pachulia

Speedy Claxton

Tyronn Lue

Lorenzen Wright

#3 Draft Pick

for

KG

#41 Draft Pick (To fill our roster)

That's how many players we'd have to deal to even salaries. I really want to keep the #11 pick if possible. What team has offered something better than #3/Zaza/Childress? That's a good offer considering they would control the draft with #3/#7, they get a solid wing in Childress, a productive big and cap flexibility with Lue/Lorenzen after the year.

Law / AJ

Johnson

Marvin

Smith / Jones

Garnett / Shelden

I'm sure there would be some veterans that would want to join that squad. I'd be happy with that core assuming KG is happy with it.

• Premium Member

Debbie Downer here...

If we obtain a "name," there's 3 pre-reqs as far as I'm concerned:

1) Proven low-post complement to JJ, preferably capable of playing defense against an opponent's C

2) No older than 27 (so skills aren't as likely to deteriorate rather suddenly)

3) At least 3 years remaining on current contract (so we don't get left soon after the honeymoon for another suitor)

Hence...

Okay to Gasol.

Maybe to Bynum.

No to Camby.

No to Kobe.

No to KG.

EDIT: Oh yeah...

No to JO, too.

munching_out.gif

• Premium Member

If Jermaine O'neal could stay healthy I wouldn't mind trading for him but he can't stay healthy and he has problems of abandoning his low post game to try and pull a Dirk. Gasol to me is probably the best pure low post scorer we can get (assuming we trade).

I'd first take

1) KG - automatic fans in the seat, incredible offense + defense and has not played in under 76 games since the 98-99 season, which shows his dedication and ability to stay healthy

2) Jermaine - Injury-prone, but plays offense and defense, and would be a great help

3) Pau - Way too thin, injury-prone, not a defensive presence at all.

I'd offer #11 + J Smoove, + Speedy + filler (maybe?) for Garnett, then draft Mike Conley / Al Horford at 3.

Maybe #11 + Smoove + Speedy + ZaZa.

Then draft Horford at 3, trade Childress for a Jose Calderon, and that is a nice lineup.

Quote:

I will not get excited , because i don't think he will want to play here.

Buck up man have some pride in the franchise. lol. That being said, I think that unless we are trading more than I thought. It would be easier to win a title in atlanta than in LA.

Lue

JJ

Marvin

Smoove

KG

Is better than

Farmar

Kobe

Walton assuming they resign him

KG

Kwame

In the East our team would be more successful. and with Childress, Salim, Shelden, Solo, AJ our bench would be better

Quote:

I'd offer #11 + J Smoove, + Speedy + filler (maybe?) for Garnett, then draft Mike Conley / Al Horford at 3.

and then garnett walks after next year and we have to rebuild all over again because we let smoove go as well as didn't get to get yi/horford because we had to draft pg at 3

Quote:

Maybe #11 + Smoove + Speedy + ZaZa.

and u wanna give up a top backup center...taking away depth

Quote:

Then draft Horford at 3, trade Childress for a Jose Calderon, and that is a nice lineup.

and trade chill to take away even more depth

u've given up smoove/chill/zaza/pick; that's FOUR young pieces, for a guy who will be here for 2 years max...

u trade away a top 6th man in chill, a top backup center in zaza, a pick that could be used on consensus top 3 player or a potential star in yi...AND a 16/8 guy who is only improving

Calm down, my friend.

I came up with those trade proposals in about 15 seconds.

To package #11, Smoove + Speedy for Garnett / Jermaine O'Neal is definitely worth looking at.

First off, Childress, as much as I like him, is not great at anything. He's just a nice asset to bring off the bench, plus he gets injured every single time in the same spot.

ZaZa plays non-existent defense, flops on everything, and can't block shots at all. And who says Garnett wouldn't resign with us after two years (assuming he guaranteed us he wouldn't opt out)? Marvin + JJ + Garnett + #3 = top team in East.

Nicholas, I just threw this proposals out there because Garnett would make a much bigger impact on both ends of the floor than Gasol or O'Neal. JJ + Garnett = close-to-lethal.

Will we ever get Garnett? Highly unlikely. Just a pipe dream which makes more sense than a lot of garbage I see here...Such as garbage like #3 + Speedy + Lorenzen + Childress for Kobe Bryant. <--I've seen offers like that atleast 5 times here.

Quote:

Debbie Downer here...

1) Proven low-post complement to JJ, preferably capable of playing defense against an opponent's C

3) At least 3 years remaining on current contract (so we don't get left soon after the honeymoon for another suitor)

I hear you, but I'd still take KG in a heartbeat if the price was right. 31 isn't ancient, and he'd certainly be a great asset on the court as well as provide a boost in our team's visibiltiy.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Debbie Downer here...

3) At least 3 years remaining on current contract
(so we don't get left soon after the honeymoon for another suitor)

I hear you, but I'd still take KG in a heartbeat if the price was right. 31 isn't ancient, and he'd certainly be a great asset on the court as well as provide a boost in our team's visibiltiy.

See #3 in the list above.