• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think I know the answer to Sothron's riddle.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

I'm not sure what the Hawks are going to do for a PG, but I do know that Amare is still BYC. That changes on July 1st, which would explain Sothron's message about waiting a few days to clear things up. We would be drafting for the Wolves, and the KG trade would go down on July 1st (and perhaps getting an additional player from Phoenix).

It's all a matter of complicated math, so perhaps Atlanta's being under the cap could make the trade possible on draft night?

• Premium Member

One more thing that could be complicating things - the Hawks can't trade both the #3 and the #11 without getting a pick back in return.

I imagine that the #24 or #29 from Phoenix would be coming to Atlanta, and used to replace some of Childress' production.

Couldn't they because I thought the rules stated that you couldn't go into consecutive years w/o draft picks so essentially the Hawks would be alright. They DID draft two players that they chose to trade. I don't know if that's right, but just what I was understanding. I'd be ecstatic about getting Amare and the #24 or #29 pick from Pheonix.

Quote:

Amare is still BYC.

Good catch. I was thinking in terms of free agents which didn't really make sense because you still have to agree to contract terms, they have to want to come here and they have to fit what we want. I couldn't think of any scenarios that made sense.

Quote:

I'm not sure what the Hawks are going to do for a PG, but I do know that
Amare is still BYC
. That changes on July 1st, which would explain Sothron's message about waiting a few days to clear things up. We would be drafting for the Wolves, and the KG trade would go down on July 1st (and perhaps getting an additional player from Phoenix).

It's all a matter of complicated math, so perhaps Atlanta's being under the cap could make the trade possible on draft night?

So Amare has 4 years left on his deal - how does that effect the Hawks management ability to do this trade? What was the ruling concerning aquiring long term contracts?

• Premium Member

Assuming this goes to Minnesota:

a. Kurt Thomas = $7.36M

b. Tyronn Lue = $3.50M

c. Lorenzen Wright = $3.00M (this # varies, we'll go with the lowest number)

d. Josh Childress = $2.86M

e. $100K to match salaries

Total = $16.72M

Minnesota outgoing: $21.00M (does not include trade kicker)

Minnesota incoming: $16.82M

Phoenix outgoing: $13.36 (needs to be at least $16.80M)

Phoenix incoming: $21.00M (does not include trade kicker)

Atlanta outgoing: $9.36M

Atlanta incoming: $12.00M (does not include trade kicker)

---- ---- ---- ----

Long story short, Phoenix needs to send at least $3.5M more to Minnesota to makes this work before July 1st.

Quote:

I don't know why he would be opposed...Amare is not only a great player, but also a great marketing asset.

Realgm trade checker says Amsre has 4 years left on his contract, not 5.

We don't need Belkin for 4 year contracts do we??

Quote:

Quote:

realgm says that Joe only has 3 years left even though he signed his 5 year deal at the beginning of the 05-06 season.

Joe does only have 3 years left, unless something's changed.

Yea, he's been here 32 years, wouldn't he have only 3 years left if he signed a 5 year contract confused.gif i'm confused