• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So it's Amare (hopefully), then what???

kelston827

I realize that Amare to Atlanta is not a done deal and anything can happen between now and tomorrow, but I really have a good feeling that Stoudemire will be a Hawk.

What does that mean for the rest of the Hawks' potential moves?? Who do they turn to at PG??

Even if the Amare trade goes down, we don't know the particulars of it. Hopefully, both Childress and Zaza aren't involved, as they would be are only legit remaining trading pieces.

Would you still pursue Childress for Calderon?? Do you try in the Amare trade to get back into the back end of the first round (which would probably cost us Chill)?? Do you try to get our pick next year back??

Basically, I'm wondering what you all think acquiring Amare means for the rest of our roster moves.

I'm hoping we can somehow land Calderon or find a way to draft Kopponen.

Well it would certainly mean the Sales office would get a sudden rush, I hope they're staffed accordingly.

I also like Calderon and it sounded before like they would take Childress for him straight up. Although I don't remember if that was an expert post or just something I read on here. It's all running together now.

I'd find a way to get Jarrett Jack to Atlanta. With Joe, Marvin, Josh, and Amare, all the Hawks will need is someone who is solid at the point guard position and can defend. Of all the names that have been thrown out there, Jarrett Jack is the best defender of the point guards.

Under no circumstance would I trade Josh Childress for Jose Calderon. I'd think seriously about trading Josh for Jarrett Jack and Travis Outlaw though.

According to the Yahoo report, Zaza and AJ will be included in the deal. It doesn't mention anything about acquiring any picks.

That would make the team:

Speedy/Lue

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Childress

Smoove/Solomon

Amare/Shelden/Lo

I absolutely love the potential the frontcourt of Amare, Smoove, Solomon and Shelden has. I am confident that Marvin will continue to make strides and become a legit 3rd option. And we all know what Joe is capable of.

So that means we have Chill, Salim, Lue and Lo to move in any deal for a PG.

I'd take Calderon or Jack. I have no interest in Ridnour or Barbosa. I'd draft Kopponen if given the chance (not high on Taurean Green).

Quote:

I absolutely love the potential the frontcourt of Amare, Smoove, Solomon and Shelden has. I am confident that Marvin will continue to make strides and become a legit 3rd option. And we all know what Joe is capable of.

Wouldn't Marvin be a 4th option? I see Joe/Amare as 1 and 2, Josh Smith as 3, and Marvin as a 4th option.

Wow, to have Marvin Williams as a 4th option on this Hawks team is AWESOME.

Where do I sign?

EDS we are in the east you have to remember that where there wont be as many bumps in the road as the west. Our team with amare maybe couldnt win the west but could win the east. And why are we worrying about NBA championships right now? We havent made the playoffs in 8 years, I think I will give it a year or 2 if we get amare before I demand championship.

Quote:

According to the Yahoo report, Zaza and AJ will be included in the deal. It doesn't mention anything about acquiring any picks.

That would make the team:

Speedy/Lue

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Childress

Smoove/Solomon

Amare/Shelden/Lo

So that means we have Chill, Salim, Lue and Lo to move in any deal for a PG.

I'd take Calderon or Jack. I have no interest in Ridnour or Barbosa. I'd draft Kopponen if given the chance (not high on Taurean Green).

The deal as revealed so far says that Phoenix gets Kevin Garnett and gives up Amare Stoudemire. That can't be the whole deal. KG is a much better all around player than Amare. If Phoenix gets him, they must give up more than Amare. Perhaps that means we get one of their first round picks this year, or even our pick back for 2008. If it is this year, is there anyway Critt, Law, or Stuckey last that long? Remember last year when ALL the PGs feel much farther than anyone thought they would?