• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

PHX Radio Station: Denies any MIN/ATL/PHX trade

Dukegotgame

basically some guy over at the phx realgm board says a local radio station's sports hosts just said phx is denying any discussions,deals on the table, etc between atl/min/phx and that it is just bs coming from espn.

sothron any truth to this? your earlier post would obviously be in conflict with this report.

The friggin' Suns fans are all in denial. They call the Hawks fans "idiots" for even thinking of such a trade..

I love how they think they are at a different class than us because their team has won more games... I'd be pretty bitter too if my team got to the playoffs and KEPT LOSING.

• Premium Member

Both Atlanta and Minnesota signed off on the deal this afternoon. Phoenix is/was the holdup. If they get cold feet and do not decide to do it then what possible good would it do them to tell the press they almost traded a guy that is still on their roster?

If Phoenix rejects the trade then they reject the trade. That does not invalidate the fact the offer existed and was signed off on by two other teams however.

This holdup on the part of the Suns is obviously related to either having to part with someone other than Amare (like perhaps Barbosa) or in regard to our 2008 draft choice. Perhaps we are asking for it back? Or it could be that they are not wanting to help us improve which hurts the value of next years pick. Then again maybe they just don't want to deal with us again after the fiasco that the JJ trade turned out to be.

Honestly I can't see why the Suns would make this move. You don't give away a player of Amares caliber at his age only one year removed from surgery, especially not after he played an entire year and showed that he can still dominate the game. Stoudemire may very well be the best young player in basketball and to give him up for a few years with KG while hoping that Nashs' back doesn't go out is a big mistake IMO.