• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Speak now, or forever hold your peace.

VarsitySlacker

Throughout my entire (albeit releatively short) tenure at this board, all I've seen is people griping about draft picks. About how everybody* knew that player x was a better idea than player y, and how player c is a bust** and we should have obviously picked player a instead. It's almost completely followed up by a refute with tainted evidence proving the contrary.

So put it here. Not your list of possible draft picks, this is not where the Dieselputer tells us that Morris Almond is going to be the steal of the draft, rather, it is where Diesel tells us he wants Yi at Three.

Again, I'll start:

I want: To trade both picks.

Barring that,

at the 3 I want: Al Horford

at the 11 I want: Javaris Crittendon.

I think Mike Conley will be the best PG available this year, but in one or two years Crittendon will be better. If Conley is still available at the 11, though, I would probably take him.

See, this is easy. Now your turn, unless you're scared.

*everybody = me and people who agreed with me.

**bust = not who I wanted to draft

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In an ideal world, I'd want Conley at #3. Then assuming we don't trade #11, either Noah, Hawes, Thornton, or Green if still available.

And then sort it out all afterwards, and trade from our surplus of forwards if necessary.

Assuming no trades

3 Conley

11 Stuckey

The Hawks need a center who can play D but there isn't one available in the draft. I am not going to draft a forward and play him out of position at center.

Crit would be my worst case scenario at 11, a turnover prone teenage project who lacks court sense and speed.

Stuckey is a combo guard with the size to guard 2s and the speed to guard pgs. Plus he can create and get to the basket. We will need him to replace Childress who is probably playing his last season for the Hawks.

I'd like to make a deal with the picks as well. If we do keep the picks, however, I feel that a wing worthy of a top ten pick might fall out so if we could get a starting PG with Childress or Shelden I'd consider that so we could use the #11 on BPA. As far as keeping the picks, I really have no clue.

Al Horford

Rodney Stuckey

??????????? You get a solid player and a mystery player. I need some excitement.

Quote:

Crit would be my worst case scenario at 11...who lacks speed.

the combine numbers have caused u go to insane

scouting profiles cite his 'blazing speed' yet u say he lacks it because he was a few 1/10ths of a second slower than conley/law

tj ford is very fast and yet several forwards did better than him at that combine test

give it up

I'll go next....

I want: To trade the #3 pick and keep the #11 pick.

I would like to see us trade the #3 pick, Zaza, Marvin, Lue for Amare Stoudemire........and then draft Acie Law with the #11 pick.

PG - Acie Law/ S. Claxton/ A. Johnson

SG - Joe Johnson/ S. Stoudamire

SF - Josh Childress/

PF - Josh Smith/S. Williams/ S. Jones

C - Amare Stoudemire/ L. Wright

That's my story and i'm sticking to it.... wink.gif

if we keep picks: yi/horford at 3, pg at 11 (whichever of the 4 they think is best after scouting them much more than i)

if we trade: howard, amare, gasol/calderon

if we trade just one pick, let it be #3, as we'll get more for it and #11 will get us just as good a pg prospect...if we trade #11, we then have to use 3 on conley, who i like a lot, but isn't much better prospect than the others who we can get at 11, while we can get better big man for 3 than 11

W/ no trade

3- Yi, I like the talent and potential

11- Stuckey, seems to be an ideal running mate for JJ, Smith, and Yi. Gives a team that's long and athletic, but not necessarily bulky.

Option 2

3- Conely

11- Hawes/Stuckey/Green/Wright

Why take a wing at 11, because the only big worth taking will be gone. Hawes more than likely will be gone. Getting the best wing is just a way of saying BPA. It allows us to make a trade of a wing for hopefully a big- maybe Magloire in an SNT as Portland will need a slasher.