• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll: Who Should be Coach of the YEAR?

Diesel

• Admin

First off, I would put mussleman in close 2nd. He's got that team playing just under .500 ball, IN THE WEST.

I say carlisle because, out of everyone on that list, he is the guy who was expected to NOT have success. yet right now, they are the class of the east. To start the season many said they would suffer for losing stackhouse. But they are actually a better team than they were last year. Carlisle has taken a team that lost its star and actually made them better.

Everyone else on that list except for Hubie, E.muss and maybe Rudy T. were expected to have a solid team. Nelson, Adleman, Pop, Brown, johnson, all had playoff caliber teams already.

Esp if they make the playoffs (may be unlikely since Houston/Pheonix will most likely grab the last spot).

They played a lot better than people thought.

ESPN has SLOAN being #1. I cant deny the fact that SLOAN is a good coach, but it seems to me as if ESPN wants him to have COACH OF THE YEAR AWARD b/c of his team is always stable.

He should have won Coach of the year award sometime, but not now... i think hes deserving more recognition for his sucess in the past.

• Premium Member

I wouldn't say that. He picked up Rip Halmilton and I think they had 3 1st rounders too. Plus his team was very solid last yr.

Now Hubie... He took over a team that was like 1-13. Memphis was a laughing stock. He has them guys playing respectable basketball.

Mussleman.... Took a talented Young squad and he has them playing very good basketball. Made tough decisions and his team might make the playoffs.

Johnson.... I think he was voted WORST coach at the beginning of the season. However, he has taken 1 rookie and a few players who people thought would never amount to much.. (penny, Marbury) and has made quite a run. His team is in the hunt too... Even with the injury to Penny.

Adleman's team has improved over the last 4 years.

Nellie's team learned the art of defense.

Rudy's Team went from Cellar to contender.

Sloan's team is the model of consistency...

Cheney was also counted out but the Knicks aren't horrid.

I think I forgot to add Zeke... however Isiah was scrutinized by every journalist. Until this recent fall, he had his team as the class of the east.

It's going to be a photo finish. I think either Emuss or Hubie will win it. Although Poppivich and Flip S. needs some consideration too.