• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cast your vote - Coach of the year

chillzatl

Yeah I would take Carlisle, slightly over Popovich. People dont realize how great of a coach he is, but they will if Duncan ends up leaving and they are a low lottery team. Still though, Carlisle has been amazing considering that he doesnt have even close to the most talented team in the league.

Until recently, the Spurs were a one man team, much like KG in Minny...and both managed to keep their teams in the playoff races without any consistent help from any one player - certain guys would step up on different nights, but usually it was a one man game. The Spurs finally got Gino healthy and he's made up for the decline of Steve Smith...and likewise the Wolves got Wally world back...

The job that Eric Musselman has done in Oakland is nothing less than amazing.

Yes, he has good, young talent, but so do a lot of teams (hint, hint), and Eric has changed so many things right this season and changed the thinking of an entire organization.

They believe they can win anywhere, including on the road, and now the Warriors are knocking on the door to get into the Western Conference playoffs, which is tougher than edging into the East, obviously.

Yes, Carlisle has, once again, done a great job, as has Flip and Gregg, but in terms of one year of coaching, no question that Eric has done the most in the league this season.

...and that's my penny on the matter...

• Premium Member

Close race.

1. Hubie

2. Mussleman

3. Poppivich

4. Adleman

5. Carlisle

6. Flip

I think it can go either way. There's not much difference between these 6. I think however that Hubie had the farthest to climb.

1. Mussleman- got to give it to him. He should be our coach and not theirs. What he has done with only 1 offseason to work with is amazing.

2. Hubie- is equally impresive, for he started in the middle of the season. He is turning Jason Williams into the player every thought he could be.

• Premium Member

2 things about the differences.

GS was loaded with Talent. Every year you could look at that team and ask... Why are they so bad. Last yr they had the best draft. So they was supposed to do something.

#2. Mussleman had a whole offseason to get into his players mind. I think Camp really helps any team build chemistry.

However, Hubie has gone to a place where there was no unity, no chemistry, talent... But NO Unity and made them believe that they could win. They were about 1-13 when he took over.

Also, I don't think we should penalize Larry Brown, Rick Adleman, and Greg Poppivich for winning. Especially Pop. Outside of Duncan, he has ??? Parker.

Jerry Sloan. He has the Jazz in a legitimate spot to finish as high as 5th in the west which is probably the equivalent of 1st or 2nd in the East.

He has made Calbert Cheaney a player. He has Greg Ostertag starting. John Stockton is 41 years old. Mark Jackson isn't much younger. Karl Malone is almost 40.

You wanna try and win with that crew?

Plus the fact that he has never won should edge him over Carlisle (who should be 2nd by a country mile)

3rd Larry Brown

4th Flip Saunders

5th Musselman