• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Seattle disappointed not to move Ridnour to ATL

sturt

• Premium Member

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketball/3...html?source=rss

Quote:

....Presti has several roster issues to address this summer in what is expected to be a crossroads in Sonics history on and off the court.

He tried trading Luke Ridnour to the Atlanta Hawks for the 11th pick, but the deal fell through, as Atlanta GM Billy Knight preferred Texas A&M's Acie Law. So that obviously leaves Ridnour's spot tenuous, and the Sonics have longed for a floor leader since Payton's trade....

....The point guard situation was murky the past two years under coaches Bob Weiss and Bob Hill, with Ridnour and Earl Watson each maddeningly inconsistent, and giving the Sonics no true manager on the court.

The club is in obvious need of a veteran who can handle the younger players, distribute the ball and hit an open shot. And look for Presti to seek a player with a free-agent contract or a trade to clear the backcourt, especially with the presence of combo guard Delonte West, obtained from the Celtics in the Allen trade.

Presti does have a liking for third guard Mike Wilks, who could return to the club on a one-year guaranteed contract to provide a veteran presence.....

• Premium Member

Quote:

We don't have room on the roster for two average $5M+ PG's.

Exactly. Assuming Claxton is finally healthy, a Johnson/Claxton/Law tandem should be fine.

Trade Lue for a cheap backup SG who can score when JJ isn't in the game (e.g., Flip Murray, Fred Jones).

in the cited article, the reason for moving Ridnour in favor of another PG is stated: "The club is in obvious need of a veteran who can handle the younger players, distribute the ball and hit an open shot."

um, isn't this what the Hawks need? if Ridnour isn't able to do it for the Sonics, why should he be expected to do it in ATL?

if it's Speedy or Lue for Ridnour, i say yes. but it makes no sense to trade Law for Ridnour

• Premium Member

Quote:

A backup SG? We're in much greater need of a Center. Lue is a perfect throw-in for a trade that centers around one of our forwards to make the salaries even out.

If a feasible trade for a defensive center is available, the Hawks should take it.

Quote:

I don't really see how Acie Law is going to be any better, at least over the next year or two,

I think now is a good time for you to admit you haven't seen him play in a game.

Not only did he do a good job running the point but he did something i have never seen anyone do before. On the season he OUTSOCRED THE OPPOSING TEAM in the last 5 minutes of the game.

I'm sure they are disappointed. Getting rid of Ridnour would have relieved them of a pretty large headache- which is why I am SO glad this didn't happen. We don't need anyone else's headache, especially a headache who couldn't play defense if his life were dependent upon it.

Quote:

I'm disappointed not to get Luke Ridnour or Jarrett Jack. I don't really see how Acie Law is going to be any better, at least over the next year or two, but I guess I'll have to give him a chance. I saw some highlights of him last night that were pretty impressive.

What are you joking?

Ridnour is TERRIBLE.

If he were any good they wouldn't be trying to get rid of him.

That's always a bad sign when a young player at a position like that is being aggressively shopped

Im so glad BK showed restrain.

Acie Law will end all this Paul, Williams, and Roy talk as early as soon as he gets to start

There isn't anything that Ridnour does better than Law besides perhaps dribble and the last time I checked that hasn't helped Rafer Alston be All-NBA.