• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zeke just completed the trade of the year!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

It's not 100% official yet, but NY got the best of this deal by far and by Large..

They sent:

Francis = disruption. Injured. Overpaid.

Frye - Good prospect, kinda soft.

They got back:

Randolph = Beast.

Fred Jones = You must be kidding me.

Dickau = Gravy!

Quote:

It's not 100% official yet, but NY got the best of this deal by far and by Large..

They sent:

Francis = disruption. Injured. Overpaid.

Frye - Good prospect, kinda soft.

They got back:

Randolph = Beast.

Fred Jones = You must be kidding me.

Dickau = Gravy!

Yeah good thing he doesn't listen to you! smile.gif

Also a good thing that you weren't foolish enough to take me up on my bet challenges one month ago.

"Diesel

Hawksquawk Supporter

Reged: 06/08/02

Re: Because Aldridge is not untouchable. [Re: beav]

#222711 - 06/03/07 05:33 PM

Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote

Quote:

They will make every effort to trade Randolph, particularly now since he has had his career season.

OMG... A response from a PTL fan... OK Beav, I agree, they will make every effort to trade Zebo... BUT after his latest run in with the Law and with his what 64 million dollars left on his deal... WhO... I said WHO...I SAY WHO will trade for Zach?? YOu were hoping that BK would be stupid enough to do it BUT BK countered your offer and said Aldridge, Jack, and the 08 first.

So again.. WHO will trade for Baggage and 64 million dollars left?

Wake up to reality Beav. Zach is going to be a Blazer until his blazer days are over. Get used to him. if you couldn't trade him during the last season when he had allstar buzz, he won't get traded. Beav, come up with a name? Who will you trade him to? Isiah doesn't want him? Philly doesn't want him. Hell, you can't get Golden State to trade you Foyle and Pietrus...

Who?

So you can get your clippings. Get the Oregonian and whatever other paper you want. The Lumberjack times... and show me 1 suitor for Zach.

Who?"

--------------------

"Everyone in society should be a role model, not only for their own self-respect, but for respect from others."

Barry Bonds

Quote:

OK Beav, I agree, they will make every effort to trade Zebo... BUT after his latest run in with the Law and with his what 64 million dollars left on his deal... WhO... I said WHO...I SAY WHO will trade for Zach?? YOu were hoping that BK would be stupid enough to do it BUT BK countered your offer and said Aldridge, Jack, and the 08 first.

Wake up to reality Beav. Zach is going to be a Blazer until his blazer days are over. Get used to him. if you couldn't trade him during the last season when he had allstar buzz, he won't get traded. Beav, come up with a name? Who will you trade him to? Isiah doesn't want him? Philly doesn't want him. Hell, you can't get Golden State to trade you Foyle and Pietrus...

Who?

So you can get your clippings. Get the Oregonian and whatever other paper you want. The Lumberjack times... and show me 1 suitor for Zach.

Who?"

One for the ages there. Where's Diesel?

hidesbehindsofa.gif

Quote:

Quote:

OK Beav, I agree, they will make every effort to trade Zebo... BUT after his latest run in with the Law and with his what 64 million dollars left on his deal... WhO... I said WHO...I SAY WHO will trade for Zach?? YOu were hoping that BK would be stupid enough to do it BUT BK countered your offer and said Aldridge, Jack, and the 08 first.

Who?

Who?"

One for the ages there. Where's Diesel?

hidesbehindsofa.gif

that's the lone remaining reason I have a hard time giving Diesel respect on this board. that and his Marvin fetish.

Quote:

Quote:

The Vick apologists are keeping me away from that board! I used to like it quite a bit actually...

Come on over to falcons.scout.com. I post there frequently under the same user name.

I'll check it out thanks! So how are things in the Couve lately? I don't get up there so much anymore... I have a lot of friends that went to Fort Vancouver High...

• Premium Member

They traded Zach Randolph for:

Stevie Franchise = Contract just as bad as Randolphs?

Frye = Another soft PF to go into the soft PF collection.

I was wrong, I really thought nobody would touch Randolph's contract. Especially after hearing Isiah say he was committed to building an uptempo team. So yes, Diesel was mistaken.

However, NY made fools of PTL... Did they not?

I mean, they got a legit 20/10 PF and in the process they got rid of a distractive PG with a huge Contract? So somehow, it's pwned or whatever you want to call it because I couldn't predict how STUPID PTL would be in trading Randolph? I apologize to the Diesel faithful about that! I, Diesel, make my posts based on what is logical. So, yes, it seemed very logical that Zach Randolph would be a Trailblazer for life given the circumstance. But you have to give Pritchard credit... I mean it's really thinking out of the box to take just as big a distraction with just as bad a contract...I guess it's like Babcock trading Smitty for Mr. refer in a can himself Isiah Rider. Sure, it could happen, but NFW do you think anybody would be stupid enough to do it.

And here I was thinking I was responding to Beav saying that Randolph would be traded for Niocioni (SNT) & Filler.

Quote:

They traded Zach Randolph for:

Stevie Franchise = Contract just as bad as Randolphs?

Frye = Another soft PF to go into the soft PF collection.

I was wrong, I really thought nobody would touch Randolph's contract. Especially after hearing Isiah say he was committed to building an uptempo team. So yes, Diesel was mistaken.

However, NY made fools of PTL... Did they not?

I mean, they got a legit 20/10 PF and in the process they got rid of a distractive PG with a huge Contract? So somehow, it's pwned or whatever you want to call it because I couldn't predict how STUPID PTL would be in trading Randolph? I apologize to the Diesel faithful about that! I, Diesel, make my posts based on what is logical. So, yes, it seemed very logical that Zach Randolph would be a Trailblazer for life given the circumstance. But you have to give Pritchard credit... I mean it's really thinking out of the box to take just as big a distraction with just as bad a contract...I guess it's like Babcock trading Smitty for Mr. refer in a can himself Isiah Rider. Sure, it could happen, but NFW do you think anybody would be stupid enough to do it.

And here I was thinking I was responding to Beav saying that Randolph would be traded for Niocioni (SNT) & Filler.

LOL! Only Diesel can make an ass out of himself by going on a rant, then come back and make a post out of this. Sweet!

Need I remind you that you were too much of a chickensh*t to actually back up your words a month ago? Nope you can go on a rant when I simply said that the the blazers:

1) would not trade aldridge to atlanta (which they did not)

2) would make every effort to trade randolph (which they did)

Geez Diesel you embarass yourself... this is ridiculous even for you...

laugh.gif

And on a separate note, I hope that randolph plays well in NY...he is a great rebounder and scorer...and even though he is a complete and utter knucklehead and a colossal screw-up, maybe just maybe he has his crap together to stay out of trouble.

Was the trade comparable regarding talent? Of course not, but Portland knew that going in...it was one year ago that randolph was considered by virtually everyone to be untradeable, and they at least got a very good backup/marginal starter on his rookie contract with Frye (who may end up being trade bait but one with value).

BTW prior to the trade a buyout for Francis' contract was discussed and he should be bought out this week. Yes he will still be on the cap for two years, but will not infect the young players with his horrible attitude. And someone has told me that the in two years when his contract (and lafrentz' I believe) comes off the books the blazers will have more capspace than anyone else in the league?

Enough to sign a free agent as well as extensions for Roy and Aldridge.

So to sum up best of luck to Zach, and if he stays out of trouble he is a great player.

• Admin

They got rid of Zach and his contract (4 years) and his off court problems. They also got rid of his 0 defence as well.

What they did was open it up so that Aldridge and Oden can develop. That is invaluable. If not one of them has to sit.

Yes they are losing his points/rebounds. However, they also have guys who will look to score more next season like Aldridge, Jack and Roy as they mature.

Also, they got a nice backup pf who can backup Aldridge/Oden. He is not a star by any means but it is excatly what the team needed. A player that can come in and play solid minutes while Oden or Aldridge rested.

Yes, they got francis but his contract is only for 2 years as opposed to 4. If he can get back to teh way he played for Houston/Orlando then they can have a ncie pg too. Otherwise, there is also interest in him from the LA Clippers and other teams so they can still get rid of him.

NY is getting a talent no doubt but he is a major head case. He has had problems in high school, college and Portland. I don't think going to NY is going to save him. His contract for a player that plays d like Adam Morrison is terrible and it is for 4 more years. NY is a team that get players without taking into consideration Chemistry. That is why they are sucha mess and always will be. Their overpaid pg doesn't get players involved, their shooting guard takes the worst type of shots in teh league, their small forward takes the secon worst shots. Their overpaid center that has cost them players and draft picks can't rebound or d up, they have overpaid players on the bench and now they add Z-Bo. There isn't room for him and Curry in the post. They are both blackholes who don't play d. They are going to get lit up. The whole team is a mess with extremely bad contracts that put themselves into a bigger hole.

Quote:

Quote:

The Vick apologists are keeping me away from that board! I used to like it quite a bit actually...

why not just go to the official msg board. boards.atlantafalcons.com

they have a lot of vick detractors there.

Actually I'm not really a Vick detractor technically. There are just some way over the top vick apologists that make up 18 million reasons about why the world is out to get vick, and how terrible he is being treated etc. Frankly that is just ridiculous to me. I understand people wanting to remain as open-minded about waiting to hear all of the facts, but the blind defense of a guy that (at best) has made a lot of stupid decisions and undertaken a lot of bone-headed personal moves is just beyond me.

So...I just don't hang out there so much. I think that I'm also more than a little sensitive about this being a portland fan, too.