• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Two moves the Hawks need to make

kelston827

1. Trade SAR for a guard. I'd rather trade Big Dog but no one wants him. SAR is the only guy on the team that has considerable trade value. Yet his nonchalance about the Hawks' woes shows me that he's the first person I want out of here.

2. Find a way to draft Mike Sweetney. This guy is an absolute monster. As a Georgetown fan I'm a little biased, but that alos means that I've watched him play the last three years. He is extremely skilled (almost unguardable) in the offensive post. He has very soft hands. He runs the floor well. He's a better than average FT shooter (16-18 last night against Minnesota). He's a good passer for a big man. And he's very consistent.

for small, you had better be getting a [censored] of a player and even then, it rarely works out. I can think of several high profile trades where the team getting the big guy did well but rarely does the team getting the little guy do well. Examples include Rasheed Wallace for Rod Strickland and Chris Webber for Mitch Richmond.

If we trade Reef for a guard, it had better be for a star because otherwise, we are likely to really regret the deal. I think that realistically, we are stuck with the core players we have until Reef, Dog, Theo and Hendu all become FAs in 2 more seasons. I think the best course of action right now is to target the 05/06 season as the season that we really turn it around. As for the next 2 years, I would resign JT, resign DJ and try to get the best players I could to fill holes using the MCE (SG who can handle the ball and a PF/C who is big, tough and a good defender). If we try to get better too quickly, we are probably going to make poor decisions that will lead to even more losing seasons. I'd rather see us start fresh in 2 seasons with a ton of caproom. I think we can be competititve next year in the EC with a few minor additions because we do have talent. That talent just doesn't fit together very well. Hopefully, a new GM will maximize that talent and go out and find a couple of cheap piece's that make us competitive.

.....a complete rebuilding of this team. If this team is blown up, it will take another 4-5 years before they will ever become a playoff contendor, IMO.

I think Kasten is looking for a GM that can show some savvy and make a couple of moves to get this thing pointed in the right direction. Stan doesn't want to wait another 4 years to make the playoffs. He want's to do it now. That's why he ultimately chose to fire Pete. As Kasten stated in the press conference, "Four years out of the playoffs if far too long!"