• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Dream Situation

Traceman

I would LOVE to see the Hawks go out and hire Magic Johnson as president of basketball operations and Doc Rivers as GM. If Doc wanted to coach, that would be great as well but I would be surprised if he would leave Orlando to just coach. Hopefully Magic and Doc could go out and find an exciting young coach to come in and reenergize the franchise (too bad Musselman is taken but Byron Scott and/or Nate McMillan might be available). If Doc would coach (or even if he wouldn't), I'd love to see him hire Nique as his 2nd assistant and bring on Smitty as a player/assistant in training. I would expect that Doc would want a top assistant with more experience than Nique. If we could get a group like that running the show, I would really get excited.

I think Dominique would have a great shot at getting an assistant's spot on Doc's staff, but Doc's top assistant would likely be Johnny Davis.

I wonder if Billy Knight will run the draft preparations?

One thing I do know is that Stan Kasten rarely makes a move without having an idea of what he wants to do, and Stan usually succeeds in getting the guy he wants.

Billy Knight does have a good track record in drafting players though, which is something we have strongly lacked during the Babcock era.

Remember, Billy Knight is a long time Donnie Walsh protege.

Doesn't it seem that some of the moves we have made lately have been one year too late? I mean, we dumped Lenny a year after Doc got the Orlando job, and now we have dumped Pete a year after Jerry West took the Memphis job.

"Doesn't it seem that some of the moves we have made lately have been one year too late? I mean, we dumped Lenny a year after Doc got the Orlando job, and now we have dumped Pete a year after Jerry West took the Memphis job."

so just like the team, we're slow on rotations...

So that means we'll win the lottery a year after the Lebron James hunt. Heh, I wish.

And why Doc Rivers? I would think he is staying in Orlando since he has a superstar and Gooden (young), and some cap space. I know McMillan is unhappy with ownership, and Silas doesn't expect to get a new contract.

Another thing, didn't Magic hold the GM job for the Lakers and then struggle alot? He was either a GM or a coach, I can't remember. And I think the idea of Nique getting promoted to either asstnt coach or asstnt GM is a LOCK!!

Magic was a flop as a head coach with LA. He's never had any GM experience.

While Doc has McGrady and a young Gooden, he doesn't have much cap room because Grant Hill is sucking it all up. Plus, he and Gabriel don't see eye to eye on some things. An example would be the drafting of Jeryl Sasser when Doc wanted Jamaal Tinsley. You could even make a case for the trade this year. Doc was pushing for Stromile Swift, where Gabriel wanted Gooden. It's could be argued that Swift has been the better player since that trade went down. I think he's averaged close to 16 ppg and 10 rpb since that trade.