• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time to find a rival!!!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

OK... It looks like NJ might pull the trigger on JO... so there will be an automatic rival of Boston vs. NJ..

KG, Allen, Pierce vs. Vince, Kidd, and ONeal.

There's also a rivalry brewing with the Pistons and the Cavs...

SO my question is who should our rival be?

Charlotte is the most likely but I personally don't like Chicago. It seems like everytime they play us they basically punk us, overpower us, muscle us. I think when we start to peak Chicago will be the team we will have to go through. I don't think we've beaten them in the last 3 years.

In terms of geography and franchise level, I guess Charlotte is a good one. However, in terms of a rivalry feeling at the actual games, I always enjoy the New york games. The Knicks always bring out the New Yorkers and those games can get pretty loud.

I think our historical rivals were the Bucks and the Cavs, since we always seemed to play them in the playoffs. I think our new rivals are the Magic, Charlotte and Phoenix. Phoenix because of the JJ trade we seem to always have wars with them. I think that that final game was the most entertaing game all season (the one where Amare dunked on Smoove after Smoove rejected his shots into the stands)

Quote:

I think our historical rivals were the Bucks and the Cavs, since we always seemed to play them in the playoffs.

I am probably a little older than you. Philly and Boston were the games I never missed. Even when Philly had Dr J we (Dan Roundfield, Tree Rollins, John Drew, et al) always played them tough at home.

A rival has to be a team you hate. In the east its Boston, Philly, Detroit, and in fourth its now Miami. NY has been replaced by Miami for 4th. Kind of feel sorry for the Knicks; not really:)...

Playing Charlotte and the Bucks is like a pre season season game. We should beat them everytime when we get them at home....

Charlotte is a rival because of location and because they beat us way more than they should. The opposite is true of the Magic, we beat them more than we should.

I agree though that Phoenix is a rival as well because their fans really do dislike the Hawks because of the trade with JJ.