• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

About the Roster

Swatguy

We have 14 signed players in the roster. Of course, 12 dress, 3 are in suits. We will fill the 15th roster spot. So let us discuss our thoughts.

1. There is still a place for Este in my mind. Tender a two year 2 million contract.

2. AJ and Lorenzen as expiring contracts are movable (second round and/or cash is fine).

3. Fill AJ and Lorenzen's spots with projects. A point and a scorer (Perhaps Earl Calloway and Mario West).

4. Sign extentions for Josh AND Josh.

Any Thoughts?

spin.gif

Quote:

Salim is all we need As long as he is playing with our big points such as Acie and AJ...though I still wouldn't mind trading a Ty Lue and maybe solo for JR. Smith. Denver might need an expiring K

I am very much opposed trading Lue. He is very valuable on several levels.

Yes, don't trade Lue just yet. He's very popular and he can make the big shots. I really hope he's slimmed down and is quicker (last season he was bragging that he was bigger).

No to Este. The guy hacks everyone he sees, injures our team. If you take ZaZa's offensive skills and put them in Este's body, there is a true center for you.

Quote:

Yes, don't trade Lue just yet. He's very popular and he can make the big shots. I really hope he's slimmed down and is quicker (last season he was bragging that he was bigger).

No to Este. The guy hacks everyone he sees, injures our team. If you take ZaZa's offensive skills and put them in Este's body, there is a true center for you.

Actually Lue came into camp last season trim and lighter than years. He gained weight after his injury.

• Premium Member

There's really no place for Este.

As I noted in another thread... We now have 4 PFs.. and 4 Centers...

The position most in need of a BU (if there is one is Sf)... And that's really covered by our versatility.

Quote:

There's really no place for Este.

As I noted in another thread... We now have 4 PFs.. and 4 Centers...

The position most in need of a BU (if there is one is Sf)... And that's really covered by our versatility.

We will fill the roster. What do you propose? I think Este may be as good as any considering we may be filling 3 spots( AJ, Lo and #15).

As Checkers jingle, You gotta eat.

• Moderators

Unless there is someone I see as a long-term asset to the team or a cheap player with upside to develop, I would not rush to fill the 15th spot. We will likely use that position to address depth after injuries so there is no rush sign a big man or small forward, etc. if they are simply going to be there for depth.

Quote:

Unless there is someone I see as a long-term asset to the team or a cheap player with upside to develop, I would not rush to fill the 15th spot. We will likely use that position to address depth after injuries so there is no rush sign a big man or small forward, etc. if they are simply going to be there for depth.

For sure there will be candidates in training camp and then the roster will be solidified.

Check me if I am mistaken; We do have to have a full 15 man roster right, or can we enter the season with less?

At any rate, I believe we should move AJ and Lo early in camp (before November) as to have wiggle room to maximize what I think will be three spots to occupy.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

For sure there will be candidates in training camp and then the roster will be solidified.

Check me if I am mistaken; We do have to have a full 15 man roster right, or can we enter the season with less?

At any rate, I believe we should move AJ and Lo early in camp (before November) as to have wiggle room to maximize what I think will be three spots to occupy.

A team only has to have 12 players under contract to avoid getting fined. The Hawks don't have to fill that 15th slot and with our current roster I don't see much reason to do so unless there is something compelling going on.

• Premium Member

I agree with you.

We're basically at the point where we have to trade to "eat". The point is that we have 4 ending contracts.... These guys will be first to go if there's some hotshot that turns camp upside down!!

I wouldn't mind keeping/re-signing Este...that is if Woody would put him in a uniform...otherwise he is better off elsewhere. It's not like 20 years ago when it was the NBA or selling cars. There are places he can go to make a decent living. He has some talent and definitely can bang.

We were low on bigs last year and kept Solo when he probably would have been in the NBDL on almost any other team. With what we have now I wouldn't mind sending him there this year for experience...at least until somebody gets hurt - he needs PT in games - not sure if even that will help - but it's his only hope to stay in the league for a few years IMO.