• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We should copy the Blazers

Johnnybravo4

Realgm has the article from the paper in portland. After reading it I was like, "what the hell Atl"...Roy called everybody and insisted that they show-up. Josh Smith if your read this board (we know some people in the organization do)...that's the next step in your developement! I don't know who works on these guys heads, but I'd ALMOST not charge to work with Hawks players.

• Premium Member

Usually, that happens when you have veterans who want the team to get better.

For years we have a history of informal play. I know Shareef, Grant Long, Damon Stoudamire, and Isiah Thomas used to join our guys and play pick up games... to help keep in shape and to build some continuity.

The good is that it gives a chance for players to work on their games.

The bad is that it's unsanctioned and if you get hurt, you're not really covered by the players union. Nobody wants to be Ron Gant.

Every teams fans have posted this same post on their teams board.

Just because Portland chooses to publicize it doesn't mean that other teams players aren't doing the same.

Chicago (the team I know) regularly have their starters (sans B Wallace) working out at their facility throughout the offseason.

Hinrich, Deng, Gordon, Duhon, Thomas, Noah, and Gray have all been routinely working out at the Berto Center. (Deng is currently playing for GB, Duhon is doing Basketball without borders, and Hinrich was at Team USA camp)

I'd guess that quite a few teams have a core of players working out together in the offseason regularly.

Quote:

Every teams fans have posted this same post on their teams board.

Just because Portland chooses to publicize it doesn't mean that other teams players aren't doing the same.

Chicago (the team I know) regularly have their starters (sans B Wallace) working out at their facility throughout the offseason.

Hinrich, Deng, Gordon, Duhon, Thomas, Noah, and Gray have all been routinely working out at the Berto Center. (Deng is currently playing for GB, Duhon is doing Basketball without borders, and Hinrich was at Team USA camp)

I'd guess that quite a few teams have a core of players working out together in the offseason regularly.

Of course they do it is not strange. All the guys(Hawks) will filter in Philips in the next 7-10 days.

Quote:

Williams returned to Atlanta before Labor Day for what he called "an unofficial month of pre-training camp" with several teammates.

Josh Smith has been training and playing in games in Houston and reportadly is looking very good.I would like to know what teammates are with Shelden at Philips now though.