• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith Speaks on his position.

Diesel

Quote:

You got to search long and hard for a PF positino worst than ours. And you say Smoove has arrived??

If you have no post game, you can't be an effective PF unless you can hit from outside above 43%.

Why are you still talking about last season? I've admitted at least 10x that Smith didn't show a post game last year.

And doesn't it seem that Smith realizes this by working with Akeem all summer? Or do you believe he was teaching him SF moves?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

No, what I'm saying is you have to end the assumptions...

I've worked out with Kevin Willis before during a basketball camp. You would assume we worked on big men drills or footwork or low post drills. Nope... We worked on Shooting mechanics and passing from the high post.

I don't make any assumptions to what dream worked on Smoove with. Hell it could have been maturity. It wasn't stated. I hope he worked on post up offense and especially footwork.

Quote:

I've worked out with Kevin Willis before during a basketball camp. You would assume we worked on big men drills or footwork or low post drills. Nope... We worked on Shooting mechanics and passing from the high post.

OMG it just keeps getting funnier.

I am sure that Smith going to Houston to work with one of the best post scorers in history has a lot of similarities to a weekend warrior going to camp.

uglyhammer.gif

Quote:

You've gotta be kidding me. Going to a basketball camp is NOTHING like a professional going to another professional for individual help. It's like Smith calling up Spud Webb to help him work on his post game. There is no possible thing that Akeem was teaching Smith other than post moves or post defense.

Quote:

I don't make any assumptions to what dream worked on Smoove with. Hell it could have been maturity. It wasn't stated. I hope he worked on post up offense and especially footwork.

Good, I think everyone does. But there was an interview with Josh this summer that asked about him working out with them, and he said he wasn't going to reveal the moves he learned, but that we'll definitely see a big difference in his game this year. I can't find that article to save my life though.

Hmm, let's see.

This ENTIRE summer Smoove has known he will be manning the 4 for years to come (unlike you, I believe he has faith in Marvin who will be at the 3).

Do you disagree with that?

Well, you can't, b/c it is undeniably true. I repeat, SMOOVE KNEW (WITHOUT A DOUBT) THAT HIS SPOT ON THE HAWKS WAS AT THE 4.

So, of course he's been approaching this summer in preparation for playing the 4-spot (which involves other things than solely learning low-post moves).

Woody knows that's where he'll be playing.

BK knows it.

His teammates know it.

I know it.

Everyone with any bball knowledge knows it.

Diesel does not. uglyhammer.gif

I'm realizing more and more how sad an individual you are.

Diesel one day it's Marvin has not been working hard on his game because he didn't say in a particular interview. Next day it's Horford or Shelden sucks. Next you bring up an interview that was done last year..... Do you ever get tired of complaining about the players?????

Smoove is going to shut you up this year. So will Marvin who I believe will finally show people he was worth the 2nd pick. And Horford will come in and help our post game A LOT....

Quote:

But that's the problem SMOOVE is NOT A SF he is a PF..............

I mean is it really that hard for people to understand that??

haha, welcome to the last 2 weeks of posts at Hawksquawk.com

actually, most do understand it. One certain individual has probably spent 40+ hours over the last few weeks trying to "argue" against it.

Quote:

Quote:

But that's the problem SMOOVE is NOT A SF he is a PF..............

I mean is it really that hard for people to understand that??

haha, welcome to the last 2 weeks of posts at Hawksquawk.com

actually, most do understand it. One certain individual has probably spent 40+ hours over the last few weeks trying to "argue" against it.

And it is all because of his hate of Marvin. He is able to keep going because he is fueled by the ultimate energy drink...

snoophateradelogo.gif

• Premium Member

If Marvin shut me up Good!!! I welcome it... But in the meantime... You need to puff, puff Pass!! Marvin is the creation of Hype. You bought the hype and it looks like you're still making payments!

Smoove may prove me wrong, however, you can't learn how to play the post in one summer. Ask any European big man. If it were easy to learn, Dirk would be an unstoppable force. I really hope Smoove develops a lowpost game, but again, that's a wish list item and I believe Smoove himself doesn't want to bang in the post... He's still refining his 3 pt shot.

• Premium Member

Not exactly.

I like Josh, I just think Josh would be better at Sf. I've come to the realization that Shelden's best fit might be C. That's all we have right now until we've seen Horford play.

I don't think marvin should be off the team.. I just don't think he deserves a magic ride into the starting position.

• Premium Member

Please...

Most just see that Josh Smith was placed in a position because of his so-called versatility.

He has no post game to speak of.

ATLIEN...

Aside from Need, why is Smoove playing PF?

If we sent him to Utah in exchange for AK/1st.. Where does he play?

If we traded Marvin for any start worthy C, what position is Smoove then?? he'd be a natural SF then right??

You need to look at more than just Woody's lineup Card or Draft pick #s... You need to pay attention to Skillset. Everything that's neccessary for a PF... Smoove doesn't have... especially the vital things like Low post scoring. Our PF crew shot 45% from the field and you think Smoove is a 4??

Good JOKE!!! thumb3d.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

I don't think marvin should be off the team.. I just don't think he deserves a magic ride into the starting position.

I don't recall a lot of contentment from you when he wasn't starting so I assumed you wanted him gone at this point. I agree that no one on the team deserves a "magic" ride into a starting job. With the number of options we have everywhere except at SG, minutes are going to have to be earned this season.

Quote:

Take Josh Smith's word.

What Skillset is he talking about?

Why are you using old obsolete articles to prove Smoove is best at 3? Would you use 2 year old articles to prove JJ is a PG? or Diaw is a PG?

Smoove's freaky strengths are much more useful at 4, and his fundamental weaknesses are much more exposed at 3. I am sure he can log in minutes from 2 to 5, but 3 isn't his best position.

If he still wants to play like a 3, he'll never reach his much higher potential at 4. He really needs to FOCUS on his inside game. As he gets older, his hops will decrease, and he won't be special for too long.

• Premium Member

Your Hawksquawk Brethren have a different set of beliefs.

The only reason Smoove was even played at Pf was because of Marvin. Let's be honest. Smoove doesn't score in the lowpost. He allows low post scorers to get position and then he goes for the block. He doesn't know how to play defense with his feet. He doesn't seem to know how to deny the ball. he doesn't seem to know how to fight for position.

Where's the PF in that?

When did Marvin earn the Sf job?

He has never been better than Chillz at it.

He has never been better than Smoove at it.

We have made these convenient excuses for Marvin to keep that position.

1. Chillz is the only SG BU we have. (BS).

2. Smoove is a PF. (BS).

At some point, you should want your team to field the players that give them the best chance to win. In order to do that, you have to get through the BS.

In Marvin, I say once again, BK has bet the farm on Bender. Just like Indy... Atlanta Fans are getting excited over a player who is not getting excited over basketball. Just like Indy.... Coaching staffs are doing all they can to pull the star out of this kid. Just like Indy... Starting Lineups have been compromised on an experiment.

Sometimes if you want your team to win, you have to get past the BS.

• Premium Member

Working with Hakeem is not automatically working with Hakeem on post moves. You have to read what was written. What was written was he worked with Hakeem and he also worked with Calvin Murphy refining his perimeter shooting.

The assumption is that he worked on post moves... however, it's just an assumption until somebody can prove otherwise. Moreover play will be the only testimony that matters. 1 more month.