Mike Conley dribbling video

exodus

Well according to Acie law he learned to dribble at a very early age. He didn't start learning to shoot the ball until he got a little older. His dad wanting him to learn the fundamentals of the game 1st. I am not saying Law is as good of a dribbler as Conley but I don't think he's bad one either, especially for a guy 6'3.

Quote:

Once again, I'm really afraid we missed out.

I'm not disagreeing with you because I really liked Conley, but most of those drills really aren't that difficult. They look cool, but they aren't very hard with a little practice. And by practice, I mean working on it for about an hour. It also didn't show how many times he messed up.

Quote:

I like Acie and i think he will surprise a lot of people.

But if it was up to me i would have picked Conley/Stuckey over Horford/Law. Only time will tell who was right but at least BK didn't completely blow the draft like he has in the past.

I liked Conley the most out of the PGs, but I just didn't like a Conley/Stuckey draft. Mainly because I don't like a Shelden/Zaza/Smith as our entire frontcourt, one injury and we'd be screwed just because Solomon hasn't proven enough. And where does Stuckey get minutes? JJ will play ~40 minutes, and Conley will play most of the PG duties once he mans the position, and we also have Childress to backup the 2/3 positions.

Quote:

JJ will play ~40 minutes, and Conley will play most of the PG duties once he mans the position, and we also have Childress to backup the 2/3 positions.

The whole point of getting Stuckey is to replace Childress. Childress' role here has been a 1/2 combo guard role that doesn't suit him well. He can't create and isn't quick enough to guard 2s let alone pgs.

Quote:

Mainly because I don't like a Shelden/Zaza/Smith as our entire frontcourt, one injury and we'd be screwed just because Solomon hasn't proven enough.

I just don't see Horford being much different from what we already have. I don't see him as a center and i don't think he will be better than Smith at the 4.

We would certainly have had to add a big who can effectively defend opposing centers. But i believe we still need that even with Horford.

Quote:

The whole point of getting Stuckey is to replace Childress. Childress' role here has been a 1/2 combo guard role that doesn't suit him well. He can't create and isn't quick enough to guard 2s let alone pgs.

Childress really hasn't played THAT much PG though. He's really played a lot more 2/3 than 1/2. This past year was different because Lue and Speedy were injured all the time, and we didn't have AJ until the trade deadline.

Quote:

I just don't see Horford being much different from what we already have. I don't see him as a center and i don't think he will be better than Smith at the 4.

If you don't see Horford as a center (fine, we'll see by the season), than obviously Shelden can't play center and I don't like having Zaza as our ONLY center, who shouldn't be starting anyway. Shelden hasn't even proven enough to be a starting PF so I really think we needed more bigman help than a backup PG/SG. I did like Conley the best, but not THAT much more than Law and Crittenton that I would pass over a potentially great bigman in Horford.

Quote:

We would certainly have had to add a big who can effectively defend opposing centers. But i believe we still need that even with Horford.

We'll find out soon enough, hopefully Horford can man the C for ~20 minutes a night.

I would never get wide eyed about this video...if you notice there are some people on the side doing the same thing and when the view opens up one of them is some girl...are we missing out on her too.

Drills are just that drills...they're designed to augment or teach basic skills in a sport...at my gym we train many athletes (I focus on football/mma and two of my trainer focus on basketball/golf and another on track/powerlifting/volleyball), and the drills are not the element that separates the good from the greats. Drills help but they are not so defining. Example: During July/August we had two pro basketball players working out together with the same trainer, doing the same things...one is in the NBA and the other went to Isreal. Same drills, Same weight training, same flexibility training, same crossfit training...what's the difference.

Natural talent, mental dedication to studing the game, history, medical...

Can we please wait until the All-Star break before we determine who we should have drafted. Plus if we had taken Conley their wasn't a decent big left at 11.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Can we please wait until the All-Star break before we determine who we should have drafted.

I sure hope we wait longer than that. Three years is what it takes to evaluate the draft in most cases.

Still, the video is impressive, and Conley is going to be a very good NBA PG. I can help but wonder when they'll post a video of his shooting drills.

saythat.gif

Umm, did anyone check out the video of him bowling?? He's rolling with both hands, putting perfect curve on each ball. I don't know how his basketball career will work out, but I think he could make it on the professional bowling tour for sure.

Keep in mind the dude is left handed when you watch it.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Quote:

Umm, did anyone check out the video of him bowling?? He's rolling with both hands, putting perfect curve on each ball. I don't know how his basketball career will work out, but I think he could make it on the professional bowling tour for sure.

Keep in mind the dude is left handed when you watch it.

Wow. he sure does put a lot of curve on the ball. It seems like he just missed the gutter on every ball but it always came back.

strange that he seems to prefer his right hand on the first ball. It would make more sense to go lefty with the first ball because that part of the lane won't be as worn (in terms of the oil on the lane).

I am ambidextious too but in a strange way. I shoot a bball lefty but play tennis and golf right handed.

Funny thing is that i can't shoot with my right hand for crap and can't swing a club left handed at all.

Quote:

I never claimed it proves anything. That doesn't change the fact that it's impressive.

And yes some of them are standard drills that I was doing when I was growing up, but some of them are pretty damn impressive to me if you watch the whole video.

we're putting our eggs in the "Acie Law is a legit PG" basket.

Exodus was the biggest proponent of "you haven't seen Acie Law play if you don't think he can't distribute the ball" line of thinking.

I hope he is right. We needed to address two positions in this draft, PG and C. when Hibbert pulled out Center was not an option.

hopefully we addressed one of them with Law. if not we're screwed. period.

Honestly gsu I can see this both ways...(I'm a dyed in the wool fence sitter).

1.) We got the best out of the draft we could by getting the best big available and the best PG available with two solid first round picks. Our other young players will have gained another year of experience and have worked on their games. Plus, many of the league's established "stars" have gotten a year older. We have young strong depth and a leader in JJ (and maybe even Speedy/JS). We should be a team that other teams don't look forward to playing.

2.) We weren't able to add a quality free agent (a 2/3 slasher would have been nice) - nor a real center. We are basically starting the season the same as last year as far as proven players - while other EC teams have made big acquisitions. We are becoming the EC Clippers, staying too young and hoping. Other teams will try to pick off our young guys as they become F/A eligible and we won't be able to match because our ownership is a phookin mess.

Time will tell. Looking forward to October 11...at least it's a preseason game and we can start talking about performance on the court. detective.gif

P.S. - I'm leaning towards #1 eheheh.gif

but it could go either way...or somewhere in the middle.

Quote:

I am ambidextrous too but in a strange way.

Yeah me too. I throw right but shoot hoops, bat, golf, write left. nut.gif

Being able to use either hand increases scoring and assist opportunities. It's very hard for a lone defender to stop both hands whether finishing around the rim, shooting a jumper or passing.

I don't see how players make it to the NBA and STILL can't finish with either hand. pillepalle.gif Conley looks impressive even though it's just a drill.