• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Texans @ Falcons

BigDirty

I think there are a couple of factors:

1) Playcalling, we quite often use 4-5 receivers this year, last season it seemed that we had a maximum of 3 on the field. More receivers -> bigger chance that one will be open.

2) Trust, after our receivers dropped so many easy balls you could see that the criminal had no trust in them to make tough catches. Joey on the other trusts them.

3) Running game sucks -> more passes -> more chances for receivers.

4) Horn, the young guys never had a vet (that was actually good) to get advice from (kinda like the Hawks). I'm sure that it was Horn who gave Roddy the tip that he has to hold on to the ball to make a catch. wink.gif

5) Since Joey can't run, he makes lots of dumpoffs when the other guy would've tried to run.

6) Joey's throws are softer which seems to be good for Jenkins and White.

Our passing game is looking good again this game, but we need to make some good runs, cause it seems like that our defenses can't stop their passing game either, so it would be helpful if we could run down some clock. 23-16 right now, I'm confident that we'll win if we score this drive.

I think timeing is critical too. And Vick was not one to find that timing. He had happy feet, would roll out of the pocket and receivers never new what was going to happen. I think he and we relied upon his ability to scramble too much at the expense of developing the rest of our offense. Harrington is learning to use the system and in the long run has a lot more potential to use the resources of the team and not just Vick's scrambling.

what a nice win! it feels good to get that first win.

few negative thoughts:

1) our DBs Sanders and Houston need to defend better.

2) no run game yet. you have to be able to run the ball in order to maintain leads and play against the stronger teams in this league.

the positives:

1) our offense is very efficient. Our team is one of the best in 3rd down conversions. Harrington is playing well, the O-Line is blocking well, and our WRs caught all the balls they were supposed to catch this week. Keep up the good work guys!

2) I really like the progression of our WRs.

3) John Abraham is healthy and himself. Im very confident that once Rod Coleman comes back, we will be able to get a lot of pressure on the QB. pressure on the QB makes it easier for our LBs and our DBs to make big plays.

4) Last but not least, every week we are improving as a team. Whenever we have a problem it seems like we are working very hard to correct the problems and the hard work is paying off. we see it out on the field.

our division this year is not as strong as it has been in the past. while im not going to overreact after 1 game, i dont see any reason why we cannot be a COMPETITIVE team week in and week out.

its a good win by the falcons, howbesoever im not the one whos is gonna come here and start the "get a diss on vick since we finally won a game" no, joey harrington is a good QB but we won because of our recievers. hue jackson and joe horn(dispite him being none existant) help them boyz out and you see that they are commin back for the ball, getting yards after the catch etc. i stll think we will only win 5 or 6 games(if that much) but if joey can avoid his old joey ways then their MIGHT BE HOPE to go 500. but i am impressed even though i think we would be better than 1-3 if vick was qb but joey is surprising me.

I'll post some pictures later.

Some folks whose tailgate I started going to this year had some extras in row 2 in the endzone Jenks caught his first TD pass.

They were generous in that they swapped our 4 upstairs for four next to them.

Ironically I decided to take my daughter to her first game. She's ruined on pro football seats forever now grin.gif

What?

14th in points allowed

21st in total yards allowed

25th in avg. per play allowed

23rd in % allowed

29th in avg. per pass allowed

12th in passing yards allowed

22nd in avg. per rush allowed

23rd in rushing yards allowed

29th in interceptions

18th in sacks

20th in forced fumbles

They were very good in the first game. Good in the second game. One half good, one half bad in the third game. Below average to bad in the fourth game.

tongue.gif

Gotta start somewhere. Victories count, whether they

are against top or bottom teams.

Are the Falcons great now? Nope.

Are they better than they were to begin the season? Yep.

Will they continue to improve? You betcha.

Very few teams will remain in the elite catagory for

the entire season.

"On any given Sunday." All teams don't win all the time.

Upsets. Yep. Almost every team in the NFL is capable

of this. Everything goes right. Plays work. Tackles

are not missed. Combine this with that elite team

having an off day. You get the picture.

This year's Falcon team may pull off an upset or two before

it's all over. Don't sell them short.

Victories are hard to come by. Cherish them all - And,

hope for that great upset - We're due one.

bannana_guitar.gif

Quote:

What?

14th in points allowed

21st in total yards allowed

25th in avg. per play allowed

23rd in % allowed

29th in avg. per pass allowed

12th in passing yards allowed

22nd in avg. per rush allowed

23rd in rushing yards allowed

29th in interceptions

18th in sacks

20th in forced fumbles

They were very good in the first game. Good in the second game. One half good, one half bad in the third game. Below average to bad in the fourth game.

Ok so the defense doesn't depend on TO for wins. All that's matter is the rushing and passing defense which adds up to about 15 ranked in total defense.

They weren't any where near 15 ranked defense the last couple of years.