• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

anybody got 2k8 yet?

warcore

I bought it at lunch.

I found this on another site though since I'm not home yet.

Hawks: Offense - 70| Defense - 69| Overall: 70

Joe Johnson - 89

Josh Smith - 84

Al Horford - 81

Josh Childress - 74

Acie Law - 72

Zaza Pachulia - 72

Marvin Williams - 72

Salim Stoudamire - 72

Anthony Johnson - 72

Speedy Claxton - 71

Shelden Williams - 71

Tyronn Lue - 69

Lorenzen Wright - 67

Soloman Jones - 66

I've played the hell out of 2K7 and I usually end up trading Salim. You can get a very productive true point for him, or someone like Monta Ellis who you can develop as a PG.

The best mode in 2K7 is the GM mode where you can build on what the Hawks already have. The key to keeping it fun is to reduce the game sliders way down so you and the computer aren't scoring in the 150s every game.

First off let me say that Canada is awesome, I ordered the game on Monday and it arrived today, when I order something from the UK or the US I have to wait 2-6 weeks for things to arrive, but Canada is cheap and fast. bowdown.gif

Played a 4 minute per quarter game with the Hawks.

Horford is a beast inside, you can really score well with him.

Law can shoot.

Made a three with Marv, the announcers said something like "the Hawks get a lot of criticism for picking him instead of Paul or Deron, but he has all the tools to become a special player", that was a nice touch.

Speedy is useless, comes in and makes two turnover, completely his fault, it can't be my skills, nope he just sucks. wink.gif

Chillz shot is ugly.

After the game you can not only watch the top 3 plays of the game, but you can watch highlights from every single player that was on the court and did something meaningful like scoring or rebounding, awesome.

I really like how the 2k basketball games always analyse your playing style, it really helps you to improve your game.

Played a 2nd game with random teams. I got the 76ers and had to play against the Jazz. Are the 76ers just crap or what? They have no scorers apart from Iggy. Posting up with Dalembert or Jason Smith is very different than posting up with Horford, with Horford you make baskets, with those two guys you make turnovers. Andre Miller is not bad though. wink.gif Okur has a killer shot.

The only negative point was, that I seemed to miss a lot of layups, but when I used the shot stick instead of the square button, it worked better, will have to observe the next games if I'm doing something wrong or if it is the game.

The game gets a thumb3d.gif, I just wish I had a HD TV, it's really hard to read the fatigue numbers on my screen. frown.gif

I'm still undecided if I should wait for a roster update before I start my franchise.

Yeah, I have 2k8 as well, and I've only played about 5 games or so, but I also seem to miss too many layups. It isn't a huge deal, but it can be a little frustrating. I still miss them even with the shot stick. I don't know if there is any difference between using the shot stick or the button to shoot, since the manual is garbage.

Other than that, I like most everything else about the game. I even played an online game and had a good time, didn't notice much lag or anything. Hopefully I will get better, because so far I kinda suck.

• Premium Member

Quote:

First off let me say that Canada is awesome, I ordered the game on Monday and it arrived today, when I order something from the UK or the US I have to wait 2-6 weeks for things to arrive, but Canada is cheap and fast.

What Canadian site did you use? I don't have a console anymore, but my bro-in-law does, and we were going to split the $ on 2K8.

Quote:

Speedy is useless, comes in and makes two turnover, completely his fault, it can't be my skills, nope he just sucks.
wink.gif

I constantly missed shots with him in 2K7. And not just any shots - point-blank, unguarded layups. He's got quick hands on D, though.

http://www.videogamesplus.com/

Until now I've bought three games from them, the longest I had to wait was 5 days. The games are a good 10 euros cheaper than in Germany, don't know if they're cheaper than in the US.

Just read on the 2K forums that layups go in more likely if you press the shot stick towards the basket, I'll try that out later.

I do need to adjust the sliders because I play 10 minute quarters and always score over 100. Both teams shoot 50% or better and some quarters, someone will shoot like 70%. I know that does happen occasionally, but not every game. It's great for your offensive stats. One thing I don't like, is JSmoove only has one block in 6 games. That's the most unrealistic aspect of the whole game!

Crank up the defensive awareness slider. That will help a lot with both scoring and getting blocks. Make sure you crank up defense for both yourself and the cpu.

Right now I am running:

37 close shot

43 medium

45 3 point

45 layup

42 dunk

65 defensive awareness

55 defensive rebounding

35 offensive rebounding (the damn computer gets way too many offensive boards)

I turned down stealing and ripping also, but I don't remember the number.

Oh, you can edit players as well. Make sure Josh Smith has his "challenge shot" aggressiveness turned up to 99. He'll go after everything then.

Ok, making close baskets with the right stick seems to be better, with the square button I hit 40-45%, with the right stick I hit 60-65%.

Now if I could only choose my shots wiser, the stats show that my release is perfect 91% of the time, but my shot selection is poor. frown.gif

Played with the Celtics against the Wiz. Man it's not easy deciding who to throw it with when you have three superstars wink.gif . That Garnett kid is quite the formidable inside scorer. I held Arenas to 8-21 from the field, but he dished out 13 assists, Stevenson was 9-11 or so, my CPU teammates didn't step up on defense. Still looking for my first win, but until now this game is entertaining even when I'm losing.

Alley Oops = L2 + x (at least on PS3, but PS2 should be the same)

Just played an overtime game with the Suns against the Clippers and won for the first time. Playing with the Suns seems much faster than with the other teams I've played with so far.

Nash makes all kinds of crazy passes.

Try to shoot with Marion, it's terrible, you never know what you'll get.^^

This time I made 53% of my shote while holding the Clippers to 43%.

I think I'll start my Hawks franchise next, surprisingly it seems like I can use 12 minute quarters, cause my overtime game was with 10 minute quarters and both teams scored in the 90s while playing kinda fast.

Started my franchise, lost first game against Mavs 115-88.

The trading engine as unrealistic as hell. Look at the offers I got for Wright:

Wright Aldridge

Wright Morrison

Wright Giricek

Wright Salmons

Wright Mihm

Unfortunately I don't take advantge of a bad trading engine, Aldridge sure would've been a nice addition. frown.gif

I'll definitely make those adjustments. I'm 2-6 right now despite playing tough in every game except the last one. I played the Heat and it was ridiculous. I seldom turn the ball over, but against them I had 23 TO's. I held D. Wade in check, but they must have hit 15 shots as the shot clock expired. Time for those slider adjustments.

Yeah, the "clutch" at the end of the shot clock shots SUCK. You can adjust the clutch factor as well and those will stop being hit at a ridiculous rate.

I find that the shot stick works better for me when I adjust the sliders. Marvin is really good if you push the stick away from the basket as he's shooting. JJ is much better with a slight right pull. This may be my controller, which is old, but it works for me. My best suggestion is just play around with using the stick. It takes a while to get used to, but once you have it, your shooting gets better.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Started my franchise, lost first game against Mavs 115-88.

The trading engine as unrealistic as hell. Look at the offers I got for Wright:

Wright Aldridge

Wright Morrison

Wright Giricek

Wright Salmons

Wright Mihm

Unfortunately I don't take advantge of a bad trading engine, Aldridge sure would've been a nice addition.
frown.gif

That's really disappointing to me. I had read that they made improvements, but that's clearly not the case.