• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't think JT's assists are representative

cynic

of his ability to play PG.

I mentioned trading him SNT for Andre Miller, and I think we'd be stupid not to do that if Miller wanted to come here. There were many protests, and several people said JT is better than Andre??? You pointed to his 7 apg???

Assists are a valuable statistic, but they do not fully describe a players effectiveness as a PG. We have iso-scorers on this team who get JT easy assists when he dumps it off. It's like using steals to evaluate a player's defense. Ira doesn't get as many steals as Big Dog, so is Dog a better defender?

I'm all for trading Big Dog. If we can get something decent for Big Dog, I'd trade him. Rose? Oh man. Mo Pete? That's OK, too. However, no matter what we do, I'm not believing that JT is a very good PG.

I'm comfortable with JT IF we can get Alvin Williams or Eric Snow, but Hawks have been trying to do that for a long time. The man can shoot. He can drive and dish. Those are good things, but not enough to contend in the East.

I think the Clipps would take JT. They want a more exciting player than Andre. JT is exciting; I'll give him that. The fans would love him.

I disagree, because JT has proven when he doesn't have a ball hog like Glenn Robinson or Jim Jackson in the line up that he can dish the ball around to everyone.

He's terrific in the open floor, and has his struggles at times in the half court set. When he drives and dishes though, he's terrific.

It's a shame that JT's value as a point guard isn't going to be seen until the Hawks start winning or until he is on a team that is winning.

Stats can be misleading at times, but you don't just fall into getting 7.4 assists per game without having some sense of what's going on around you.

• Premium Member

It's odd that you have to rail on other players in order to make an excuse for JT. Come on man. JT has always had problems running the offense. Grob was not a fault and JJ was not at fault. You claim that both were Ball hogs. However, the truth is that both came at a time where JT needed a SUpplement to run the offense for him. In fact, JT was benched when JJ's position became available.

http://216.239.39.100/search?q=cache:kl_dX...en&ie=UTF-8

This is a cached article.. However, listen to this...

In reply to:

The Hawks have had success moving Jason Terry (6’2) to shooting guard; but, the team continued to struggle with turnovers.
Consequently, Knight was acquired to lessen their turnover totals as well as provide an up tempo from the point guard spot.

“Brevin really adds to the speed and quickness of our backcourt, making it as quick as any in the league,” Hawks’ Vice President / GM Pete Babcock said. “He has also established himself as a player who can distribute the ball well and has a good (3 to 1) assist-to-turnover ratio.”

“We want to run,” Babcock added. “We want cut down on our turnovers in the fourth quarter.”

One potential drawback of a Knight - Terry backcourt is their lack of height against taller backcourts. However, their quickness will cause problems on offense for their opponents.

YOU see KB, we have been trying to make up for JT for a long time now.

JT showed at the end of last season that he could get players like Ira Newble and DerMarr Johnson involved in a systemless offense. Once Robinson was out, JT showed yet again that he can get Dion and Ira involved in the offense.

Not having the Sucking Vortex of Doom known as Glenn Robinson on the floor is a big plus for the Hawks.

You are making excuses for Glenn Robinson not being a team player at all.

I'm not making excuses for JT. I openly admit that his struggles are in the half court set where he is erratic, but no more erratic than point guards like Marbury, Baron Davis, and Steve Francis. But, he's a developing point guard who has yet to reach his prime. He's the ultimate team player, unlike Glenn Robinson.