• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shagari Alleyene

KB21

• Premium Member

Them are some HEAVY bones. cool.gif

Body-wise, he's very Manute Bol-like at this stage. Though he does have skills beyond blocking shots, to be sure.

Hopefully he's learned from Morris' mistake, and will take the time to develop under The Tubster.

• 2 years later...

Over the next few days, interesting players will be waived, one such is Shagari Alleyene, 7'3, 271, who played 3 years for Kentucky.

He flunked out of Kentucky and tried to transfer to Manhattan but had to sit out a year. The Sixers just cut him but they are already BIG enough upfront, it couldnt hurt to take a look at him.

Hawks need a 7fter.

• Moderators

When Shagari last played for UK a few years ago, he was an unskilled and slow 7 footer. He did, however, have unreal length and blocked shots like crazy when he played in college. He had trouble with smaller players but matched up very well with other true big men like Andrew Bogut. He would definitely be worth looking at but would have had to make significant improvement to be a viable NBA player.

He was one of those guys who always looked like he could be a star if he developed and just never got much of anywhere.

Sounds like a clone of Johan Petro. A tall Lanky guy who can block shots. I doubt we pick him up unlessen he wants to play down in the NBDL. We do need a true 7footer who can block shots & rebound to play behind ZaZa or Horford at the 5.

Sounds like a clone of Johan Petro. A tall Lanky guy who can block shots. I doubt we pick him up unlessen he wants to play down in the NBDL.

You know we had some good defensive backup centers not to long ago in Joel Pryzbilla & Mamodou N'Diaye(Yes even him) but Billy Knight let them go.

Quote:

Sounds like a clone of Johan Petro. A tall Lanky guy who can block shots. I doubt we pick him up unlessen he wants to play down in the NBDL.

You know we had some good defensive backup centers not to long ago in Joel Pryzbilla & Mamodou N'Diaye(Yes even him) but Billy Knight let them go.

have all the people calling for a shotbloking 7 footer noticed that curry,oden,spencer hawe,are out with knee problems. allmost every 7 ft player misses about 20 to 30 games a year. d howard is not 7 ft. duncan, shaq, and yao are the only good 7ft players and were all #1 picks. plus two of them missed 20 plus games the past few years.

That's correct. I sa him play at Kentucky. He was an upside player for them . Ohh he was going to be great when he figured it out. He did't he hasn't he won't. He is slow he is lost and he is weak.He is tall too but that is about it. Being 7ft doesn't make you an NBA player . It helps but you still have to be able to do it against NBA talent. Maybe he's a better player now but why did he get cut?

• Moderators

Quote:

Maybe he's a better player now but why did he get cut?

He left UK because of academic trouble.

In terms of handling guys who are bigger, that is not a huge problem for him. He did a great job shutting down Andrew Bogut in the NCAA tournament a few years ago when they were matched up.

However, people who say he was raw, skinny and slow at UK are correct. He wouldn't have a prayer of making the NBA if he wasn't so long.

He is the longest player I have ever seen, though. He is 7'3'' and has LONG arms. His wingspan is something like 8 feet wide.

I don't see him making it in the NBA because of his raw skills and lack of mobility, but I wish him the best.

• 11 months later...

Actually he now weighs 285 lbs...but he nonetheless still looks skinny. But compared to Bol Shagari isn't that skinny...Bol is like 6 foot tall man stretched out to 7,7" but with the same horizontal dimensions. Alleyne is just a normally proportionate albeit skinny fellow.

• Moderators
Actually he now weighs 285 lbs...but he nonetheless still looks skinny. But compared to Bol Shagari isn't that skinny...Bol is like 6 foot tall man stretched out to 7,7" but with the same horizontal dimensions. Alleyne is just a normally proportionate albeit skinny fellow.

What is he doing now?