• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Making our living off of other teams?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Miami is set to rebuild. IN fact, if they get the Number 1 pick in the draft, they just might Give us what we need....

Namely, Eddie Jones.

I know that if the Heat get Labron James, they will trade Eddie Jones. The question is what would they want for him?

How does this trade sound Atlanta...

JT (SNT)/Hendu for Jones/Best (SNT)?

I say this is a very fair deal. It allows alot for both teams. Mainly, it gives us a SG that can SHOOT. It also gives us a guy who has been a PG his whole career. It gives them frontcourt help (being that Hendu can play PF and C). It also gives them JT to play on that uptempo Offense....

JT/James/Butler....

I think that they will acquire a PF and play Grant as C.

However, we'd have:

Best/Jones/Grob/SAR/Theo.

Jones brings good defense. Good three point Shooting. And he's the type of player who can take over a game and be leader.

I don't know if Mikki Moore has made a spot for himself this year, but I say we draft David West or some other PF that falls our way in the draft and keep Moore to a 2 year deal. Then we trade Nazr for depth.

I'd do it.We limit our libilties on defense....We have

a more NBA lineup...

Diesel,Do you feel Dion deserves a chance to start

next year?Deep down I'd like to believe that he is

just coming into his own because he can slash to

the basket and can hit the jumper.He has the

potential to be one of those players that causes a

defense to react to him...If you get what I am saying.

I also wouldn't mind keeping Moore in place of some

body like Email.

Maybe Travis Best could give Dickau some experience?

• Premium Member

Well, I suggest the deal because one of our main weaknesses is 3 pt shooting. I understand trading JT for Jones is merely a three point shooter for another, but Jones also plays very good defense at the SG position.

I feel JT going to Miami is a positive for them too... If they get James, he can really run the offense. With JT there, they will be very uptempo (as opposed to having somebody like Rose). My one fear is that Jones' age is catching up withhim. However, his game matches both Theo's and SAR's.

As far as Glover. I have always believed that Dion has the most potential on our team... of anyone...including DJ. The problems are these. Dion is not a 3 pt threat YET. Secondly, Dion is not a great defender yet. These are things he can pick up from Jones. DJ too. I just think for us to work, we will need more defense and 3 pt shooting.

Lastly, I think Best is a good transitional PG. IN Indy under Bird, Best was a really good player to come in when Jackson was injured. Best really showed a lot. I think Riley has a tendency to stiffle PGs and players who can move with the ball (Mash). He has grown accoustomed to the inside out game and forgotten about his days with Magic.

I think Eddie Jones is one of the few attainable players who could transform our team. You always have to ask, though, 'Could Miami do better?'

Would there be a better offer for Eddie Jones?

There are two teams that can seriously compete for any trade we might be interested in.

If Miami gets the #1 pick, that means Detroit has a top 5 pick (via Memphis).

Detroit and Chicago will both have a lottery pick to deal. So, any team looking to rebuild by trading a proven player will look to deal with them, I'd think.

I realize that Detroit already has Cliffy and Hamilton at the 3 and 2, but they could use more scoring, and Cliffy is getting old, and perhaps better suited to coming off the bench.

Williamson / Rebraca / 5th pick for Jones?

Rebraca is expendable with Okur's emergence and Robinson takes over as the new 6th man instead of Williamson.

Jones

Wallace

Okur

Hamilton

Billups

• Premium Member

I don't see Detroit as being a big threat at All.

Namely because they have far different needs than we do. Their strongest Position is SG/Sf. Aside from Cliffy, they have Williamson and Prince. I think with that lottery pick, they may be able to get either Anthony (if they get Lucky) or Ridnour or some other PG prospect. The only things that they really need is PG and C (Depending on Rebraka's health).

Chicago also is not really in need of Eddie Jones. I think that they could trade Rose for him.... But I don't know if Miami would take Rose. If Miami gets #1, they take James. I really don't see them going after Darko...and Anthony could be a possibility if they play Butler at SG? The point is that if they get James, they would be a in need of a PG... In the worst way. They could also use some big men.

That deal would effectively slow the Hawks down. Eddie Jones has never been a guy who can lead a team. He's far more comfortable as a complimentary player, but that's beside the point. He's 32 years old, his play has really dropped off over the last two years, and he has had injury problems. When Riley traded Mashburn for Jones, that started the slide of the Heat.

Best is a journeyman point guard.

I think it's funny that such a skilled evaluator of talent engineered such a trade.

Why, everyone knew that Eddie Jones was a good player. After all, he'd just played on a good Hornets to 46 wins or so and a playoff berth. He'd also played on good Laker team.

A player that has played on two good teams must be better than a player who has played on one good team and one bad team, like Mash.

BTW, all of the above is sarcasm in the vein of my disrespect for Pat Riley.

• Premium Member

Jones is better than you make him out to be. Face it, it's Riley. Everybody thought Mashburn was washed up when he was in Miami too. However, now, he's almost MVP material.

I believe that Jones here would be a rebirth. I don't think he'd be our first option, but he's another piece that would help SAR and Theo.

SAR because he's a three point threat. I think this year he shot for better than 42% from three.

Theo because he plays good defense. He knows how to play good man on man defense. His steals aren't what they used to be, but they aren't bad either.

Would you look to move GRob?

If we traded JT to get Jones, would we lineup,

GRob

SAR

Theo

Jones

Best/Dickau

Best is better than the numbers he puts up in Miami. The system there is just tired. It's such a shame that Riley got Caron. He would've been rookie of the year in a different system.