• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SI - Article on Al Horford

AHF

That drill sounds intense and shows why the Hawks got him. Rebounding was the bug-a-boo of this team, Horf seems to be the solution.

I also expect him to be the starting center on opening night.

Quote:

I am having a hard time buying into the hype on Horford.I keep hearing how he is a beast down low, can play center and play the 4 better than Smith. I'll believe it when i see it. I have never been that impressed with him.

Probably because you never liked him to begin with.

Who would you rather have Greg Oden?

Oh wait....

Quote:

Quote:

I am having a hard time buying into the hype on Horford.I keep hearing how he is a beast down low, can play center and play the 4 better than Smith. I'll believe it when i see it. I have never been that impressed with him.

Probably because you never liked him to begin with.

And what did he do in summer league? 9 ppg. What has he done in preseason? He hasn't hit double figures.

He certainly hasn't done anything to change my mind.

Quote:

exodus, you sir are an idiot...

at least on this issue

YOu are an idiot on a lot of issues, but that is a different subject.

Just because i don't buy into the hype that Horford can be our do it all player inside based on his modest college, summer league and preseason numbers that makes me an idiot?

No it makes me a realist. so many people keep talking about what Horford will do as if it is a certainty. We don't know what he can do.

Only an idiot makes assumptions and pretends they are fact.

Quote:

Why when I take this approach with Marvin am I looked at as a Marvin basher? I guess how some people look at things on squawk you are officially a Horford basher. While I don't agree with you you have every right to feel this way. Opinions by others can be disagreed but never disrespected.

Quote:

Quote:

Why when I take this approach with Marvin am I looked at as a Marvin basher? I guess how some people look at things on squawk you are officially a Horford basher. While I don't agree with you you have every right to feel this way. Opinions by others can be disagreed but never disrespected.

Marvin is averaging double what Horford is averaging in preseason. Marvin kicked butt in summer league last year.

And i haven't hardly mentioned Horford the last few months.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

The reason some people have jumped the gun and criticized you as a Marvin basher is that the amount of hate directed at Marvin by some people on this site since he was drafted poisoned the well, so to speak. If exodus posted several threads every day for the next year and a half about how little he thought of Horford people and people in the press second-guessed the pick to death based on the huge breakout years from Mike Conley and Yi Jianlian, people would likewise get incredibly sick of hearing about that and start painting anyone who criticized Horford with a broad brush. Since 95% of the board is enthused about Horford right now, exodus' criticism doesn't touch a raw nerve like criticism of Marvin does.

Just speak your mind and let the rest sort itself out. You will be fine criticizing Marvin where he is due to be criticized.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Marvin is averaging double what Horford is averaging in preseason. Marvin kicked butt in summer league last year.

So you would start a team with Marvin before Horford?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So you would start a team with Marvin before Horford?

As far as this team goes i think Marvin will be more valuable than Horford.

nicknamed the Godfather. I like it.

"Just speak your mind and let the rest sort itself out. You will be fine criticizing Marvin where he is due to be criticized."

Well said. I think it is premature to bestow praises on either rookie, but the hopes for a new year bring that sort of talk/wishing. I for one think that Horf will be a keeper and be a central force on our team for years to come. I think he is the 'hybrid' center that many teams are playing.

Horford was also injured in the SL and missed two games. The others that he played in after the injury, he was clearly hobbled in. The only game he played in completely healthy was the first, and he scored 18 points. Summer League is a very poor venue to judge drafted players, for a number of reasons.

Quote:

Quote:

And what did he do in summer league? 9 ppg.

He also averaged 9 rebounds, but he was playing with a turned ankle and even had to miss a few games. He didn't even play many minutes in the SL.

Did you read Sekou's article? He has been to the practices and has seen the preseason games. And he says we need another big body.

Obviously that isn't a ringing endorsement of Horford.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And what did he do in summer league? 9 ppg.

He also averaged 9 rebounds, but he was playing with a turned ankle and even had to miss a few games. He didn't even play many minutes in the SL.

Did you read Sekou's article? He has been to the practices and has seen the preseason games. And he says we need another big body.

By all accounts, Horford was very impressive in practices and the scrimmage, unles you think that was all fluff.

Quote:

He's referring to us needing a TRUE big body to defend Shaq and Dwight, 2 players that we basically knew we couldn't match up with anyway.