• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Very telling quote by Kasten!

KB21

http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/sports/ha...03/20hawks.html

In reply to:

Q: You won a lot of games with Glenn Robinson injured. The team did not appear to miss him. What do you make of that?

A: It shows a lot, I think. We have to find a way to interpret that and make it work for us in terms of how we play.

TRANSLATION: Glenn Robinson is going to be traded.

Here's my translation of some of the points in this article:

1. Terry Stotts is a candidate for the head coaching job, but he isn't the first choice.

2. There may be a possibility that the new coach will get veto power over all personnel moves, which is why the Hawks may hire a coach before a GM.

3. Jason Terry will return, but Dion Glover won't.

4. The time table. This has a lot to do with the ownership, IMO, but I think it may have a lot to do with Kasten's desire to hire Jeff Van Gundy. Van Gundy is still under contract till August. The Hawks may wait it out and offer him the job.

"Whatever Jason Terry gets by way of an offer, we can match it. That's not a problem. Sure, he has no contract now. It's the same with Dion Glover. With Dion, I don't think you can say with any certainty that he would get matched."

- KB is rite... Jason Terry will be back, Dion wont

- i agree w/ KBs other points

1) JT will be back as long as its an offer we are able to match.

2) DJ is our starting SG of 2004. With DJ coming back and Ira being able to backup both the SG and SF slots, we just have no need for Dion.

I believe the team will draft a SG with its first pick, regardless of what pick# it is. DJ will have this year to prove that he is the stud that we drafted and that he is healthy and he will have to beat out this rookie. If DJ is able to bulk up perhaps he can move to SF this year and we could maybe move Dog for a lotto pick or a SG (Spree?).

Unfortunately, I don't think DerMarr comes in as the starting shooting guard. I think the Hawks go searching for that elusive big point guard again and play Terry at shooting guard, even though he should play point.

Plus, Ira Newble is a free agent that will get probably around $3 million per. It remains to be seen if the Hawks will resign him, or if they look to an NBDL player like Jason Capel to fill the back up small forward role.

IMO, if they are successful in trading Robinson, they may bring Ira back as a starter.

• Premium Member

It sounds to me like they are considering a trade of G. Rob. for a SG to replace Glover and help JT with the ballhandling. Or was that just me talking out loud? :>

They should draft either a SG/SF with athleticism (can you say DJ?) or a big PF/C with bulk...

I'm really skeptical that a new GM and Coach will decide to spend $ on DJ, especially since he has only shown brief flashes of talent when healthy.

WHEN I READ THAT QUOTE, MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS "GOOD, AT LEAST SOMEONE IN OUR MANAGEMENT RECOGNIZES HOW USELESS GLENN ROBINSON IS TO OUR TEAM".

NOW, WE JUST NEED TO FIND A TEAM WHO WOULD WANT HIM. AN OFFENSIVELY CHALLENGED TEAM LIKE TORONTO OR CLEVELAND WOULD BE A GOOD FIT. AND WE DON'T NEED ANYTHING SPECIAL IN RETURN. SPARE PARTS WOULD BE JUST FINE!

FLAVA

• Premium Member

First I agree.

1. Dion is gone if he recieves an offer that the Hawks aren't willing to match.

2. Don't jump on the keep JT bandwagon too quickly. I think Kasten said something very telling when asked about the cap. He said SNT. Now I understand that Glover, Ira, DJ, and Email are all FAs... however, none of them have much value and I don't think any of them would bring us back what Stan Wants in trade if a team is willing to put up cash for them and most every team has a Vet min and a MCE. However, JT is also a FA. If there was somebody that could go via SNT it's him. And JT could get us something sunstantial in return, not to mention, we might be able to couple Hendu, CC, or even Grob with him.

3. Stotts coaching is probably a 3rd choice for Kasten. I think he was really disappointed by the way we were blown out in a lot of games. Kasten might call in good buddy Frattello and give him final say over all personnell moves. Then keep Billy Knight and use him like Philly uses King. A front man.

4. GRob might be traded. The question is WHO? Many teams look at the Hawks the same way the fans do. They saw the breakdown in Milwaukee and the breakdown in Atlanta. I don't know if many teams will take Grob. But his salary will become a big player at the trade deadline this year. 2 yrs left.

5. Kasten isn't worried about the Cap.... i.e. he has word from new ownership not to worry about money. McDavid could be the next owner or it could be checkettes group. Either way, I think that Kasten is doing a lot of talking (with confidence) knowing that ownership is up for grabs. I have a feeling that the new owner will spend money on the Hawks similar to Cuban in Dallas.

As much as I disagree about the value of Big Dog to this team (in that I think he has little and you think he has at least some), I completely agree that it will be difficult to trade Big Dog.

There will not be many suitors for this guy....and we gave up a lottery pick for him.