• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Protein Supplements

gsuteke

Anyone here use protein with any regularity?

I have been using GNC's for the past 6 months. They're raising their prices though. It's up to 40 bucks for the 90 serving large tub after your goldcard savings. I'm going through almost two a month.

I have been recommended to try ULTRAMET.

Any positives/negatives to share? I tried EAS you can get for 23 bucks from Sam's. it tasted like crap and didn't mix very well.

• Moderators

My friend, Barry, recommended some flax seed oil that is working wonders for me. It has really helped me with inflammation during my workouts and has resulted in me doubling my bench press since starting on it.

He also recommended some Vitamin C shots that I have been taking. My head has grown several sizes, but I haven't gotten a cold yet so that is going well. I will give you put you in contact with his friend Marion if you want some. She has some good connections, too.

laugh.gif

Quote:

My friend, Barry, recommended some flax seed oil that is working wonders for me. It has really helped me with inflammation during my workouts and has resulted in me doubling my bench press since starting on it.

He also recommended some Vitamin C shots that I have been taking. My head has grown several sizes, but I haven't gotten a cold yet so that is going well. I will give you put you in contact with his friend Marion if you want some. She has some good connections, too.

laugh.gif

well thanks for that bit of advice but I'll have to pass if nothing else because I'm already in 13s. I'd hate to have to buy shoes at the same store Shaq shops at.

sick.gif

Although I could take this opportunity to direct you to my brand...since you go to gnc (crap store) I'll say the best bank for the buck is synthia 6...it mixes well and taste good.

Really you shouldn't be going through that much protein power...it can do damage to you digestive system. Make sure you're drinking your weight in water since your taking in so much...

Oh and you're wasting your money to take in that much anyway, because your body is only going to use so much protein which is usually half your weight in grams.

Real food, real food, real food and I'll say it again real food!

Larenzo Reid

Personal Trainer, Life Coach

UC Fitness

www.ucfitness.biz

Quote:

Really you shouldn't be going through that much protein power...it can do damage to you digestive system. Make sure you're drinking your weight in water since your taking in so much...

Yes. I had a friend taking protein supplements a few years ago and he developed a large, painful kidney stone from not drinking enough water. doctor.gif

Listen to Chick-fil-a: EAT MORE CHIKIN! feathers.gif

Try Optimum Nutrition's 100% whey gold standard protein. I bought a 10lb. bag(approx. 150 servings) from supplementwarehouse.com for about $50. It is high quality isolate protein, mixes well and taste good w/ any flavor I have tried. And if you don't drink enough water w/ most diets, you'll develop digestive problems...so as long as you're staying hydrated, don't worry about kidney stones or any problems w/ overconsuming protein. Just stay around 1 gram per pound of body weight, unless you're doing some really intense weight training.

I appreciate the responses.

I've dropped my synthetic intake down to about 80 grams now and replaced the other 60 with chicken breast.

the perfect source of chicken I've found is pre-cooked chicken strips from Sam's club. it's lower in sodium than fresh chicken (how's that?) and all you have to do is nuke it for 3 minutes. pair that with some brocolli and apples and you're in business.