• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WE HAVE A WNBA TEAM!

Johnnybravo4

Quote:

Oranges are sweet and jucy. Apples must be ground up

and put under heat to make applesauce.

You decide.

I know what I like. Pass the Oranges please!

If they wear hot unis and look good, I would pay to watch. The WNBA needs to take a page out of the LPGA's book and start promoting their cover girls as pin-up types.

I know it sounds chauvinistic; but sex sells and it sells well!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone up there mentioned the Rockies. I'm not sure anyone can beat them right now, let alone a college team. But seriously, I'd pay to see Taurasi play when PHX comes to town. She can run a team. Being able to go to a nice air conditioned venue in mid-summer might also be nice down here.

Quote:

Have you seen some of the Sqawkers play? If so, could a Hawksquawk all-star team beat the US women's National Team?

No, I have not seen the posters here play basketball. That being said, i dont think thats fair. At least, when i compare the worst NBA team against the allstar WNBA team, im comparing 2 PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL teams. Everyone whos playing that game, knows how to play basketball.

The posters on hawksquawk dont get PAID to play basketball. So naturally, we arent focusing or practicing as much as WNBA players. However, suppose that we did have a hawksquawk tryout... everyone who makes the team gets paid $100,000 to quit his job and focus on basketball... we practice everyday w/ the guidance of a professional coach for a year. then, im pretty confident that we would be COMPETITIVE against WNBA players. Either we win or it'll be a close match.