• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hey commish(s) are we going to have a mock draft..

Hey Cap

What's up in your part of the state??? Have

they started working on that bridge yet?

I'm with you though, I'm up for a mock draft,

I want to see if I can do a worse job than I

did last year:) although I still like Loren Woods

at Center for the Pistons,(instead of R. White)

imagine how good he would have looked with

Wallace protecting him. Anyway I'm ready to

do it again. How about everybody else?

• Admin

Its fairly simple. After finding out who is interested in taking part in the draft. A pick and its team is assigned to the person. Once this has been done, a time limit (usually a day) is given to each person to make their pick for their respective team in the order that they are drafting. After picking they give a reason why. Once all done we can just see how we have done compared to how the actual draft turned out. We usually only do it for the first round.

will go back that far either......I know that I had the #1 or #2 pick.....I think it was #2 though and I picked Kwame I believe. KB I think then picked #3 and gave us Griff or Battier? Just guessing though as I really cant remember for sure.

I like Hawks4ever's idea. I've started working on an addition to the website for a 1st round mock draft. Everyone will be able to fill out who they think each 28 picks will go to. Then after the real draft, I'll make everyones mock draft sheet available to everyone to see, and whoever comes the closest wins a prize!!! (j/k hehe)

The only problem is gettin it done in time, as of now there are 14 days until the draft. Does anyone know what the official deadline is for draft applicant entry? It doesnt make sense to me to hold it prematurely, and too many players drop out or dont sign up.

Sound good?? Any comments?

I have done it both ways........and IMO having a random draw for teams and then being in control of one team and really going in depth researching their needs and the available players is by far the more fun thing, rather than just making a mock of the whole first round. I mean who really has the time to research in depth every teams needs and every player available? I know I dont. But I do know that I have time to go in depth with one team and 5-10 players.

Anyways, thats just my 2 cents.

Okay. Well, any addition to the site regarding a mockdraft setup is postponed. Sorry, maybe next year. If I pay close enough attention, after this years draft, maybe I will have a better understanding of how the draft actually works. There is just too little time for me to do it the "fun" way before the draft happens.

Sounds like an excellent project for during the season. Count on a cool mockdraft setup for next year!

I wasn't around when it was done, I didn't sign up until after the draft. But, I do remember looking at it, it was interesting...to say the least.

It's not hard, throw everyone's name in a pot, assign teams randomly, and we can just have a "Mock Draft" thread.

Sound good to anyone?

We dont need a setup or anything like that on here bro...check this out, this is how we did it last year.

Everyone who wants to participate signs up in a normal thread by just saying yes if they want to participate. Then whoever the moderator of the draft is writes all their names down and puts those names into a hat. Then you pick the first name and whoever comes up first, gets to control the team that has the first pick, IE the Rockets this year. We keep goign until all the names are gone or all of the teams are gone, depending on if we have too many participants. Last year I think we had a couple guys that picked for 2 teams due to not having enough members. Then we allow each person 12 hours to make the selection for their teams.........starting at midnight till 12 noon on the first day and then ending just before the draft. We just have to calculate how many days we need. If we dont have enough for 12 hours between picks then we can shorten that accordingly. I am not sure what day the draft is on, but I am pretty sure we have enough time for 12 hours if we start this in the near future.