• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just heard rumor on 790theZone that....

MoonKnight

I'm more than willing to trade Glenn for nothing just to get rid of him.

The Hawks cut Ken Norman and paid for his contract for 3 years. They also cut JR Rider with a few months left on his cotnract.

I still do this trade because it adds to the team simply by subtracting Glenn Robinson.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to agree on Griffin. He has shown very little improvement, if any, in his two years. Houston doesn't know where to play him. He can't shoot, has never shown that touch from 3, can't handle the ball, doesn't rebound well, can't body up on a PF, can't create in the post. Only thing he really does is block shots.

If Houston offered me Rice/Griffin for Robinson today, I pass. Why are we in such a rush to trade him? It makes no difference if we do it now or in August (Could we even announce a trade now?). There's teams out there that will give us more, I'm certain of that. Can we please shop around first?

• Premium Member

Why make this trade now? We all know that making this trade will only slightly help the Hawks at best...So why not wait until the trading deadline to make a cap-dump trade like this? It's not like Houston suddenly won't want a 20/7 player in exchange for crap.

One more question - will this trade go through without a GM or head coach? Who would make this decision?

Listen boys, you may want to dump Glenn on his turnover-prone keister, but bringing in Glen Rice is a worse idea.

As has been stated, Rice is a known public bellower and brings aboslutely nothing to the table.

His terrific three point shot has eroded and the only value he would bring to this franchise is a contract that is one year shorter than Robinson's.

That's not enough.

I take issue with the "cancer" comments about Robinson.

Robinson is not a locker room cancer, and his teammates like him and appreciate him.

His fit with the team on the court is debatable only in how much did he hurt the team, not if he was a good fit, because clearly he wasn't. Not entirely his fault, but it just didn't work.

How he would handle a trip to the bench is questionable. I would think that if I had started every single game since I was a grade schooler I would have a difficult time adjusting to coming off the bench.

If Robinson were to come off the bench, I am sure he would convey that unease regarding his adjustment, and the subsequent backlash would label him a malcontent.

I think a good coach can control the game on the court, and there were plenty of games (the Kings game comes to mind) that Robinson played well with these guys, and with another offseason to work with them, why not feel like Robinson could contribute if still around?

I do know this, he would contribute plenty more than Rice, who would be a gigantic ZERO on the bench, possibly polluting the young team with his delusions of present grandeur.

In summary, I understand that Robinson may not be a good fit here, but to dump him would be a mistake. He is not a cancer in the locker room, and can score the ball on many occasions.

He should never be allowed to dribble, even sniped at when trying to lead a break, and should not be allowed to play when on the floor with Shareef for defensive reasons (Olay!).

So trade him, fine, but don't bring in a guy that won't provide a single thing to the team but headaches, because there is a large difference between a guy who doesn't play up to expectations, and a guy who simply doesn't play and whines about it to boot.

Guest Walter

[censored] yeah to that sentiment. I'd take a first with Rice, though, or somehow to get Mobley (we add something else). Just because I just about would trade Big Hog for anything doesn't mean I'd do that first. If we are already getting offers for that team killer, maybe the offer sweetens a little.

W

I read, and COMPREHENDED, every word. I always do.

So what? That last sentence doesn't change the fact that you argued that I wanted to trade Big Dog for cap space three times, despite my pleas of innocence. You can't just throw that in.

Imagine your wife or girlfriend comes in and yells at you for cheating on her for 2 hours straight. OH, but you adamantly defend your position of innocence all along. But she won't listen, she keeps accusing. Then, at the end she says, 'Now this was mainly because I've had other men cheat on me. Nothing at you in particular.' Then, after she's finished venting, you're still trying to figure out what her problem is, and you're angry for being accused, so you continue to argue. She says, 'But I said it wasn't directed at you. YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ME!'

You'd be frustrated, and no jury would convict you if you shot her. That type of thing is exhausting, but any exchange involving an irrational human being is.

• Premium Member

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#16

In reply to:

Also note that every team receives at least some of the escrow & tax money.  In many cases, the money received more than offsets any luxury tax they pay.  The following rules govern the distribution of the escrow and tax money:

The example shows that you can be nearly 9 million over the cliff and still break even.

Analogy, simile, etc... Literary devices are what make communicating through language interesting.

They are lost on you, apparently.

"I'm not your wife or your girlfriend"

I see that I should only speak literally to you, and I should only use three-word sentences.

Personally? You don't even know who I am. How could I take it personally? I just think it's frustrating to communicate with you.

Guest Walter

He may be a quiet team killer now but after seeing him lash out at Ray Allen and his wife there is no doubt that Big Hog could and would be a noisy team killer were he benched.

As if Traceman's suggestion of bringing him off the bench makes much sense. He is a $10 million dollar player! WE'd most certainly have him for both years then, as benching him would destroy his already LOW value. No way we trade him this year before any trade deadline, much less for anything as good (which isn't saying much) as Rice or for a contract as short.

I still look to sweeten the pot regarding a BD for Rice deal. If the deal is there this early it should get a little better with a little time. Don't wait too long however and be left holding chipped Bar-B-Q.

W

I'd start him but his minutes would likely drop to around 30 mpg. Approximately 12 of those minutes would be while Reef rested. That way, they would be on the court together for only about 18 of the 48 minutes of the game.

As for Dog lashing out if he had to come off the bench, he probably would, but so will Rice. In addition, Dog only lashed out AFTER Allen blamed him publicly for the team's poor play. If Dog continues to start but plays fewer minutes, I think it COULD work. It would certainly work better than bringing in the likes of Glen Rice.

Why does it matter if Rice's deal is one year shorter? What are we going to be able to do in the FA market as a direct result of that contract being a year shorter? It makes NO sense to make that deal. If we could get Griffin or Mobley in the deal as well, I'd do it. If we could get an unprotected pick, I'd CONSIDER it but a pick in the teens is not likely to give us a great player but it WILL give us a guaranteed contract.