• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dawgs win!!!

frosgrim

What a hoot! Great game! Can you believe a buttoned down type of guy like Richt actually told the players to go out and celebrate that first TD and get a penalty? For awhile there I thought it was going to be a mistake when they had to kickoff from the 7 1/2 yard line and FLA scored quickly.

He fired em up though and the players got the job done. Moreno is really something - impressive.

The police will be busy in Jacksonville tonight tongue.gif

I thought Ritch's show of emotion when his ream celebrated on the logo at Vandy waS A good thing. He's so mild mannered the emotion showed some fire and I this team neede to see it. When they ran of the field after the first td was a hoot. Looks like they could win their division after all.

Funny about Richt...he was a Dad when my son's team (East Marietta) played in the State Little League tournament a couple years ago. We didn't play Athens LL but I stuck around with some of the coaches and interested parties to watch Athens LL play in a later game. Since he was kind of a star - we all kept our eye on him from afar. He was pretty much emotionless.

Personally, I always tried to stay under control (unless my son hit a homerun or something)...but this guy was ICE.

P.S. - obviously his son played on Athens LL. Kick_Can_emoticon.gif Buckhead won the tournament that year.

• Moderators

So very sweet. As I said on previous threads on here, I have been excited to see Moreno as the feature back and he is definitely living up to my expectations. Just beautiful to watch a charged up UGA team run the ball down Florida's throat. laugh.gif

Moreno is the real deal. He's going to make quite a bit of coin in a few years. While Georgia's win is impressive considering their failures in the series, it points more to Florida's weakness, imo. What Did Meyer expect? You run your qb 15 to 20 times a game and midway through the year he's probably going to be banged up. They were very pedestrian without his running ability. Still, Georgia made some plays. Nice to see them do that for a change.

It was Awsome !

Every year I sit in a suite owned by a Florida company. Every year I watch them celebrate and listen to their trash talk. Gators out number Dawgs about 20 to 4 every year in this place. I think they invite a few of us down every year b/c they enjoy the trash talking due to their recent sucess. It was so nice to have them silent for a change.

After Tebow's fumble, with 2:30 left, all 16 of them left.....Only 4 Dawgs were left and boy were we celebrating. Glad they had a fully stocked frig and beverage cabinet...on the Gators tab.

What a weekend for DAWG Nation !

AHF you are a bit of an enigma to moi. Are you a Dawg? Who pulls for Ky on the hardcourt? That's got my head scratching.

I grew up hating Ky in roundball, just like I hated Alabama on the gridiron (they similarly dominated the conference back then).

Tubby was the first real ray of light for UGa hoops. I loved him, just like the rest of us (remember - they called Steg "the Tub"). I loved him so much that when he jilted us for Ky, I started pulling for Kentucky when they weren't playing Ga. Even now, now that the fickle Ky. fans have run him off (he can't recruit for some inexplicable reason), I find that I have simply lost my hate for Ky.

Still can't stand Bama, though.

IMO, the Bulldog win shows that the team with the week off prior to the game can gameplan better than the one that doesn't have the week off. This stat pretty much sums it up: the team that has the week off prior to the game is 17-6 in the series.

IMO, both teams either need to be off or not prior to the game.

To me, Ga. won the game. Ga's running game is simply better than Fla. The Gators rely on one guy, while Ga's offense is spread out. This is a Ga WIN, not a Fla loss per se.

• Moderators

Quote:

AHF you are a bit of an enigma to moi. Are you a Dawg? Who pulls for Ky on the hardcourt? That's got my head scratching.

I grew up hating Ky in roundball, just like I hated Alabama on the gridiron (they similarly dominated the conference back then).

Tubby was the first real ray of light for UGa hoops. I loved him, just like the rest of us (remember - they called Steg "the Tub"). I loved him so much that when he jilted us for Ky, I started pulling for Kentucky when they weren't playing Ga. Even now, now that the fickle Ky. fans have run him off (he can't recruit for some inexplicable reason), I find that I have simply lost my hate for Ky.

Still can't stand Bama, though.

I don't blame you for the confusion!

I grew up in Lexington, Kentucky during my early childhood years. My father worked for UK, and I grew up a huge fan even after we moved to Atlanta.

When it came time for college and law school, I went to UGA and became a big UGA fan. UK basketball remains my favorite team in all of college athletics but I root for UGA thereafter. I am sure some people won't respect that I still rooted for UK basketball after going to school in Athens but I was one of the earliest people in line for UGA basketball tickets every year and rooted for the Dawgs - except when they played UK and then I showed up in the lower section of the student's section wearing all blue.

I enjoy seeing UK have success in football but I am not a real UK football fan or a real UK fan in anything else. However, the passion for UK basketball in the state of Kentucky is still unmatched by anything I have seen for a sport's team anywhere!