• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mohammed for Mike Miller

Scott

The Hawks are looking for a swingman, the Magic are seeking a frontcourt player.

How does Nazr Mohammed for Mike Miller sound?

Tim Povtak divulges the Magic's list of wanted players and how the Atlanta Hawks fit in.

Read the entire article:

http://hawks.realgm.com/

PS---Any attempt to trade Nazr is difficult because of his base salary issues.

The trade would have to include a larger salary (i.e. Toni Kukoc) and take back players from the Magic along with Miller.

It may relieve itself a little when Nazr clears his BYC1 and becomes a BYC2, meaning instead of 50% of his salary, the Hawks can take back 75% of his salary.

It would have to be something like Nazr and Toni for Miller, DeClercq, Beuchler, and Ewing, which I think defeats their purpose of trying to clear a bunch of cap space for next season's run at Duncan.

• Admin

Getting Miller would be great but it means that we will have to cleanup our boatload of swingmen.

If we are trading for Miller by giving up Nazr, we will also need a bu center in return too. I would prefer DeClercq than Ewing.

If like you said that we have to recieve more contracts than we giveup, there is no point in doing this trade.

The full explanation of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and its rules (which include Base Year Compensation explanations) is on the RealGM website (Larry Coon's CBA).

To summarize the BYC, when a player is signed to a long term contract, his first couple of seasons are under the Base Year rules.

BYC1 is the first stage (where Nazr was last year), and it means that if you trade that player (Nazr), you can only take back 50% of his contract value in return.

The rub is that the other team takes on his full 100% figure in return.

Example: Nazr makes 5 million dollars. His BYC1 value is 2.5 million, meaning the Hawks can only take 2.5 million in salaries in return.

The Magic want Nazr, and they offer Mike Miller (3 million dollars).

The Hawks can't trade Nazr for Miller straight up, because ORL is over the cap, and the value they give up (3 million) is more than 15% of the value they are receiving (5 million).

This is why it's difficult to trade a BYC player, and almost IMPOSSIBLE to trade a BYC player for a BYC player. You almost always need a third team involved to make the number work.

Here is a link to the link that explains it better than me...lol...

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

• Premium Member

Nazr/1st for Declerq and Miller.

I think that the salaries fit. Declerq is probably not going to be resigned by Orlando. Miller would be all those things that Babs want.

Best believe that Kruger would love to have Declerq. He could be our Backup to Theo.

That would mean that CC/Toni/Davis/Hanno/and Maybe Vaughn would find themselves either Bought out or a part of another trade. I suspect we could look into Vaughn/CC for Hughes or if you really want to get nasty:

Vaughn/Toni/CC for Hughes/Mills/1st rounder.

Then maybe Hanno/Glover to Utah for Kirlenko.

Then we are set:

JT/DD

DJ/Hughes/Ira

Miller/Kirlenko

SAR/Hendu/Smith

Theo/DeClerq

I think that that team can win.

It is asimple fix. The final line-up looks perfect on paper but there are several problems we would have to clear up.

1) Hughes wants to play and shoot more than anyone on the team. He would start complaining in the 1st month of the season.

2) Salary problems coming (maybe not a horrible problem) JT/DJ/Miller will all want very large extensions. Will will have to trade some of that talent for a better 1 person the next year.

Nazr for Miller is too much salary already under the cap (They get Nazr's 5 million, and give up Miller's 3 million, which is more that 15%), much less adding in DeClercq...

It would have to be a much grander deal to overcome the large hurdle of Nazr's BYC.

The trade of Kukoc and Nazr for Miller, DeClercq, Buechler, and Ewing is the first one that works under the cap.

• Premium Member

Easier than that is to do a 3 way deal.

Nazr/Davis to Orlando.

Miller/ to Atlanta

Armstrong to GS

future 1st from GS to Orlando.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Orlando being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Orlando had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 664105

I cant believe it!!! Doc must not be running things here in O-town. I just don't think O will go for it as the article mentioned.

I must admit I have really warmed up to the idea of Miller. If Nazr is all we give up and we can get rid of the filler that comes along in the trade. I would do it in a minute. I think its time to give Leon his chance, after Nazr's departure, and playing backup center would do the trick.

GO GATORS

I would do the trade.I thought I mentioned something about

this the other day?We would be taking a HUGH gamble of THeo's

healthy though.But if we can load up at the 4 slots we would

probably be ok.

I'm just a guest but how's this:

Nazr and Crawford

for

Miller and Declerq

It works on the old trade checker.

It works for us. We get the scoring swing man that we need and we still will have a BACK-UP center.

DO they want to pay Declerq?

They have Pat Ewing, Hunter, and Declerq playing C. Both Pat and Declerq are free agents. I would think that they would love to have the rebounding of Nazr.

Miller is hard to give up but they will have to give him up sooner or Later if they want Duncan? Armstrong too.

DeClerq is not great but he is a banger and we need some interior toughness.

In addition to that deal, if we could somehow sign Keon Clark to our MCE, I would probably go ahead and breakdown and spring for full season tickets rather than just buying the 15 game pack.

Theo/DeClerq/Smith

SAR/Clark/Hendu

Miller/Kukoc/CC/Ira

DJ/Glover

JT/Dickau/E-Mail

Ideally, Smith, Hendu and probably CC would start the season on the "inactive list" but if they don't change the rules, we may have to make some hard choices on Ira, Leon and E-Mail.