Mike Woodson Lost This Game

BusBoyIsBack

He just lets the other team back in the game with his terrible substitutions.

Are you kidding me with the way he kept JJ and Josh SMith, and Al Horford out of the game until the Pistons took over?

What a fool!

We could have been putting our foot on their throat at the start at the 4th or at least keeping them at arm's length but he let's them back in the game by having scrubs in the game.

Unreal

Woody did lose the game, he kept Lue on the court waaaay to long. We were getting killed every possesion and they take a 98-91 lead when Woody puts lAW in the game. We tied the [censored] game, but it was too late.

[censored] YOU WOODY!

• Admin

I would also put some of the blame on Smith and Lue.

Lue because he can't defend or run an offense. I did a whole post on him and am not in the mood to do it again.

Smith played decent on defense but it seems like he has not learned anything from the previous game. He was an albatross on Offense tonight. His dribbling led to turnovers, the TERRIBLE shots that kept getting blocked, still taking 3 pointers....bad passes. He has to slow down. If he slows down I think he can get back to his form from last year. Also I think the team needs to put a stop to his 3 pointers. He needs to realize that he is a terrible 3 point shooter. Once he gets that through his head and he starts making better shot selection I think he will get back to where he left off last year.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Woody did lose the game, he kept Lue on the court waaaay to long. We were getting killed every possesion and they take a 98-91 lead when Woody puts lAW in the game. We tied the [censored] game, but it was too late.

[censored] YOU WOODY!

Law did have 5 turn-overs right?

Quote:

I would also put some of the blame on Smith and Lue.

Lue because he can't defend or run an offense. I did a whole post on him and am not in the mood to do it again.

Smith played decent on defense but it seems like he has not learned anything from the previous game. He was an albatross on Offense tonight. His dribbling led to turnovers, the TERRIBLE shots that kept getting blocked, still taking 3 pointers....bad passes. He has to slow down. If he slows down I think he can get back to his form from last year. Also I think the team needs to put a stop to his 3 pointers. He needs to realize that he is a terrible 3 point shooter. Once he gets that through his head and he starts making better shot selection I think he will get back to where he left off last year.

Most of Smoove's turnovers didn't even hurt us which is so funny why people are pointing them out.

Several of those turnovers he made the Pistons did not even capitalize on. And his defense negated a ton of them.

What hurt us when it came to Smoove was when he CAME OUT THE GAME

That's when Detroit went on the costly run.

The fact that people can't understand that is ridiculous

Why was he playing the bench while the Pistons still had their starters in? Down nine to start the 4th, did he think they WEREN'T going to make a run at some point in time? That was as good a time as any to see if there was a shot of stepping on the gas and burying them, or at least making it more difficult for them to get back in it. Lord knows that they'll have the benefit of the doubt at home in the final seconds when it comes to the refs; take it out of their hands by being up instead of playing the bench and giving them momentum.

We started out like a hot young exciting team. Then late in the game with Lue in control we started looking like last year's team - - boring and embarrassing. I want the first team - they can win a lot of games. Woody needs to pull Lue when he starts his one-man show.

• Admin

His shot selection did hurt us tonight and his TOs need to be cut down.

He needs to slow down. If he starts playing within himself and stop taking 3s he will get back to the way he played last year. However, the way he is playing right now is just not working.

The Hawks are not going to improve anywhere this year with Lue pounding the ball into the ground...

Horford and Law need to play heavy minutes...forgive the rookie mistakes and as they learn the nuances of the NBA game...

this team will be amazing.

Josh Smith needs to stop thinking he is KG and just play within his game (defense and hustle/dunking/passing) and stay FOCUSED!

Lue needs to stop thinking he is JJ.

Law needs to start. We are not going to reach our full potential as a team without his talent on the floor being our PG. He will only get better, whereas Lue we know what he is capable of.

This team will be fine as long as we allow our players to fulfill their potentials while still playing within their role.

Quote:

We started out like a hot young exciting team. Then late in the game with Lue in control we started looking like last year's team - - boring and embarrassing. I want the first team - they can win a lot of games. Woody needs to pull Lue when he starts his one-man show.

Exactly!

It's the same crap from last year which obviously isn't good enough to make the playoffs.

And we stopped running on top of that.

And you're absolutely right about letting the Pistons back in the game. Not only them getting calls down the stretch, but their experience coming into play as well as the crowd.

We should have been trying to put our foots on their throat.

Or at the VERY LEAST stop the bleeding before it's too late.

Woody is a bad coach.

another gripe I have with Woody is that he calls plays that his players are unable to execute for some reason.

I saw on some plays Marvin was wide open and calling for the ball and then Lue was just pounding the ball trying to get the ball to JJ and wasted about 16 seconds just dribbling...

If the defense knows you are going to JJ, why not pass it away from him to the open man (Marvin) and then maybe you can rotate it around back to him or even get a better shot from someone else?

Our halfcourt offense is really really clumsy...most of our points come from 1 on 1 play or hustle plays... we need better ball movement and spacing...

and Lue does not help at all in that department... Lue is a one-pass one-shot kind of PG...which...

does not fit this team. Coach needs to put in Acie and let him learn...

Acie's ceiling is a lot higher than Lue's.

Quote:

The Hawks are not going to improve anywhere this year with Lue pounding the ball into the ground...

Horford and Law need to play heavy minutes...forgive the rookie mistakes and as they learn the nuances of the NBA game...

this team will be amazing.

Josh Smith needs to stop thinking he is KG and just play within his game (defense and hustle/dunking/passing) and stay FOCUSED!

Lue needs to stop thinking he is JJ.

Law needs to start. We are not going to reach our full potential as a team without his talent on the floor being our PG. He will only get better, whereas Lue we know what he is capable of.

This team will be fine as long as we allow our players to fulfill their potentials while still playing within their role.

Agree with everything you said. Woody is stupid for letting Lue in the game when he does the same thing every time. I don't know that I want Law to start, but he needs to be in there the forth quarter to run the team.

We have a world of potential and I'm not convinced that Woody is the guy to develop it. Tooooo bad, becasue I don't think they will do anything about it.

Quote:

He just lets the other team back in the game with his terrible substitutions.

Are you kidding me with the way he kept JJ and Josh SMith, and Al Horford out of the game until the Pistons took over?

What a fool!

We could have been putting our foot on their throat at the start at the 4th or at least keeping them at arm's length but he let's them back in the game by having scrubs in the game.

Unreal

JJ played 40 minutes, Smith 39 and Horford 36.

Woody isn't the reason that Smith and Horford shot a combined 5-23 and had 10 turnovers.

Have you guys ever thought that Woody isn't as comfortable with Acie carrying a game as he is T-Lue? When Acie turned the ball over in the 4th and Woody took him out of the game, I knew T. Lue was going to play the rest of the way. You can't blame a coach for having more confidence in his veteran player who has hit some big shots in past games. Yeah Acie had a pretty good game, but he was beginning to become unraveled in the 4th which is why he got yanked.

The players need to share some of the blame for the lost. There were alot of possesions where they didn't get back on Defense. You had 3 or 4 piston players running down court with only one Hawks player back to try and stop them from scoring on the break.