• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How Do We Match Up Vs the Nets?

BusBoyIsBack

This Pistons/Hawks talk is getting ridiculous with the Chicken Little talk after losing to the freaking best team in the East on the road in their home opener in our 2nd game of the season.

Let's try to put it behind us as quickly as we can. And the quickest way to do that would of course be to win the next one.

So how do we match up vs the Nets? That one may be a must win if we don't want to see the other side of .500.

We all know that the Nets live and die with Kidd and Vince. Kidd will bring it to the court as he always does but Vince is the X-factor; when he's motivated, he can be unstoppable but when he's bored, well....

The Nets are an enigma. They score less than Kansas's football team in their home opener only to come off the deck and beat Philly on the road. No telling what team is going to show up.

The Hawks had their share of wins against this team with a far less talented squad than the one they have now. If they bring the same effort (and a lot better execution) from the first two games, I see no reason why they couldn't win this one.

• Premium Member

Quote:

We all know that the Nets live and die with Kidd and Vince. Kidd will bring it to the court as he always does but Vince is the X-factor; when he's motivated, he can be unstoppable but when he's bored, well....

The Nets are an enigma. They score less than Kansas's football team in their home opener only to come off the deck and beat Philly on the road. No telling what team is going to show up.

The Hawks had their share of wins against this team with a far less talented squad than the one they have now. If they bring the same effort (and a lot better execution) from the first two games, I see no reason why they couldn't win this one.

Vince Carter is one of the dumbest players in the NBA. Athletically gifted but prefers to take fall away 3's all night long. Should be an easy victory

Quote:

Vince Carter is one of the dumbest players in the NBA. Athletically gifted but prefers to take fall away 3's all night long. Should be an easy victory

An Easy victory?

Dude they are still a playoff team and one much more experienced than us.

The only games that are "easy" on paper are maybe the Bobcats

BTW, I wonder how Horford will fair in this one considering the Nets don't have exactly an established front court presence

We match horribly vs. the Nets.

Kidd is still the best PG in the East and PG is still our #1 weakness. Kidd controls the tempo of the game and especially controls it in crunch time.

I just prey it is Law that has a good enough showing that Woody leaves him in to close the game. It will get ugly with Kidd on Lue. Maybe AJ is better match up vs. Kidd then in Lue. Reguardless I want LAW in there. Let him take his lumps...it will pay off in the long run.

If memory serves me right Carter took Marvin to school last year. I don't know that I want to revisit that match up.

We just don't have an answer for Kidd or Carter defesively. Maybe the defense of Law, Marvin, and Chills will change my perception.

Quote:

Quote:

It depends on if Carter goes off on the Hawks. He has in the past. The Nets don't have alot up front to worry about and Kidd

could possibly have an off game.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...re_right_thumb/

We got lady luck working for us.

First Howard against Dallas, then Carter and Amare all banged up, even if they play.

last year it was lue that saved us against the nets. he has to come through though today. law can't play 48 mins. lue has to step up the defense and not get manhandled by the bigger nets players. if he can hold his own then we have a good chance of winning this game. if we let kidd go off for a triple double, then i see us getting demoralized. great teams don't have losing streaks. the hawks can show us how mature they are with this game.

Quote:

last year it was lue that saved us against the nets. he has to come through though today.

That is what scares me. Only a 30 win team depends on Tyron Lue to save them. I hope we are passed that.

Sure Lue needs to play 10 to 15 minutes a night........just don't play him in crunch time.

The fact that most of us are more comfortable with a rookie PG , in his 3rd game, then we are comfortable with T. Lue should speak volumes.

situations. The two best things about T Lue is that he doesn't turn the ball over and he hits big shots in crunch time.

The key is that Woody has to be smart enough to recognize that there are a few PGs out there (Billups, Kidd, Arenas, Baron Davis, Cassell to name a few) that T Lue simply cannot guard one on one in the low post. Against those players' teams, Woody either has go with Law (or Chillz or JJ) or he has to double immediately.

Quote:

We got lady luck working for us.

First Howard against Dallas, then Carter and Amare all banged up, even if they play.

We need all the luck we can get with this opening schedule

It would be nice if we could steal the next two. It could make up for that collapse vs Detroit.

Of coure, anything but dropping the next two and staring at a 1-4 start after facing the Celtics