• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Speaking of slow starts

exodus

Quote:

ok i give up, who is it.

As prolific posted while I was still searching, it's Larry Hughes.

After Redd turned down Cleveland to stay in Milwaukee, they landed Hughes. Don't know if they ever went after JJ. LeBron wouldn't have gotten swept out of the Finals with JJ as his sidekick...

Quote:

Maybe you haven't seen Ben Wallace this year...he's awful at everything including rebounding.

That was really a horrible signing. Letting Chandler go, signing Wallace and drafting TT instead of Aldridge was pretty much a disaster of an offseason.

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe you haven't seen Ben Wallace this year...he's awful at everything including rebounding.

That was really a horrible signing. Letting Chandler go, signing Wallace and drafting TT instead of Aldridge was pretty much a disaster of an offseason.

But Chandler wanted to go anyways. Aldridge over TT definetly hurts them though especially since they got a same player in Noah.

Quote:

JJ and Hughes. Talk about two guys who went in different directions. If i remember correctly Hughes was seen as more of a prize than JJ.

Talk about dodging a bullet. I forgot about this one.

We've talked about all BK's +/- for years. This has to be the biggest + he has ever done, even better than stealing Gasol for Rahim. This absolves him from a lot of his sins.

Quote:

Quote:

Eh. We've debated this before - but...

We didn't let Chandler go, we traded him for crap. Chandler was done in Chicago, he admitted as much, and the trade gave him a new purpose (like finally working out in the off-season, hiring a trainer, hiring a nutritionist - all things he did not do when he was in Chicago). I always liked Chandler (as opposed to that sloth Curry) and I am glad he is doing well in NO, but some times players just aren't mature enough to handle the situation they were thrown into. In Chandlers case it was being traded for Brand(god help me I'm still crying over that trade). He's been great in NO, but he wouldn't have produced in Chicago - he was done.

We signed Wallace because he was the best FA available and we had one off-season of cap space before we lost it. The offer is descending, so he will be making less in year four than he is now. There are also rumors that the Wallace signing was done at the behest of our owner - who I am growing to loathe. Chandler would have been cast off at some point anyways - Paxson has gotten rid of every tie to the Krause era, Chandler was the last. Yes Ben has sucked this year - but he is also playing on a sprained ankle that he suffered in the last pre-season game - along with Noah. We have no one behind those two, other than 2nd round pick Aaron Gray. Wallace is toughing it out, but as soon as Noah is healthy expect Ben to sit. Wallace game is surely declining, but he was a 7/11.5/3/2 player in the second half of last season. He didn't suddenly morph into a 4rpg player overnight.

As a Center, Aldridge is a hell of a jumpshooter. He shoots lights out, but we have a few jumpshooters on the team already, so I'm not sure that having our 7 footer hanging out where Kirk, Ben, Luol, Chris, and Andre like to shoot it would have been a good thing. I'm going to give them three years before I pencil in one team as a winner or a loser. Tyrus recent game gave us a glimpse of what he can do if he puts it all together. Add to that the fact that he has already made more jumpshots this season than he did all of last season, and we have reason to hope. Bulls fans are still bitterly divided over that draft, so we'll see...

As for Noah - most fans are looking at his pick as a bonus. First because it was yet another Knicks lottery pick, and second because most Bulls fans would have picked him first had he come out the previous season. He has had a few problems holding onto the ball in pre-season, but if he wasn't injured he would be playing significant minutes at the 5 spot.

But my team is playing like a giant pile of steaming crap - so what do I know?