Ex, Teabag, and others...

Diesel

At this point, if we are not gonna play Law..Go to the long arm lineup with JJ, Chillz, Marv, Smoove and AL.

The problem with our defense is compensating for Lue's efforts or ability. I noticed last night, thats when we were outta position the most. He gets blown by entirely toooo much.

Quote:

Should Chillz be starting over Marvin?

If you watched last nights game, Chillz was one of the main reasons we were even in the game.

No and here is why. Bench Marvin and this game is over before the start of the 1st half. You only bench your second leading scorer if your name is Mike Woodson.... smirk.gif

Now lets get serious and start blaming the coach. The players have all steadily improved; our coach needs to shape up or ship out....

Quote:

If you watched last nights game, Chillz was one of the main reasons we were even in the game.

Marvin's 13 pts in the first half is the reason they were even in the game.

When Marvin went to the bench with his 4th foul with 7:20 left in the 3rd quarter THE GAME WAS TIED. Eight minutes later the Hawks were down 14.

Head20up20the20butt.jpg

Quote:

Marvin had 13 points and with 30 minutes left in the game. He was shooting and driving like a possessed man. At the end of the half he had 1 foul.

Yet he got only 15 minutes. Fewer than many players of both team. Woody's autopilot gameplan shut him out.

He was playing like a superstar both offensively and defensively. Even the fouls in the 2nd half were borderline.

The only thing he needs to improve is to get more controls on his drives. Sometimes his body seems too big to drive like that and he can't change direction and run into people. I'll take that if he keeps up his aggression.

He deserved an A for last night's game. You have to be blind to think any Hawks played remotely as good as him last night.

Quote:

Childress had the worst +/- on the team at -13.

Marvin had the best at +10.

those are correlated, since chill subbed in for marvin

they BOTH had good nights...marvin played well until auto-benched and then in foul trouble...he needed more mins while hot

chill played well also, unlike his -13 would say...

they were 2 of the 3 best players last night (along with smoove of course)

• Premium Member

Marvin's 5 fouls is why Chillz got to shine in the 2nd Half. When Marvin committed his SECOND offensive foul, Chillz came in and was able to get his 18 when we were down 14. All game long, Chillz HUSTLED, grabbing rebounds, scoring and even taking a few people off the dribble. What did Marvin do exactly??

IF you want to have a debate game after game about who should start, this is what it would be like.

My point is if you want to consider the worthiness of starting then you have to look at both players in the same conditions.

• Premium Member

Marvin finished with 5 fouls and if you watched, you saw the old Marvin show up and duck his head and run smack dab into the defender. It seems like Collins was set for 2 minutes when Marvin started his dash toward Foul 5... It was a recreation of his dash toward Foul 4. That's why he left the game!

Quote:

Simple Question:

Did you watch the game?

Of course. The difference was i watched without an agenda. When Marvin was averaging 19 pts shooting 59% the first two games and Chill was averaging 4.5 shooting 36% you seemed to thing that didn't matter.

Childress was garbage in the first half. He couldn't do anything right. He was just as bad as he was in the first two games.

When he came in for Marvin in the 3rd quarter the first thing he did was commit a charging foul on a fast break which should have been an easy score. He didn't do anything in the game until we were down big.

And his defense......horrible.

• Premium Member

Childress couldn't do anything right???

What game were you watching??

Chillz was hustling. That don't show up in the stats so I guess you didn't see it.

He hustled in the first. He hustled all game long. Yeah he got his shot blocked in the first half, that happens. However, he kept hustling. He also hit a few shots down the stretch.

Like I said before, without Chillz, we wouldn't have been in the game.

Quote:

Like I said before, without Chillz, we wouldn't have been in the game.

Without Chills in the first half we would have had the lead. He was garbage on both ends.

And you want to give him credit for coming back from a deficit that he helped to create in the first place.

Marvin wasn't on the floor when NJ went on their big run in the second half. Childress was.

Quote:

That don't show up in the stats so I guess you didn't see it.

I saw his charging foul right underneath the rim as soon as he came in in the second half. I saw his missed wide open 3 right after that. And i saw NJ take advantage of him defensively.

Guys, they both played great - for a half each. Neither palyed poorly in the other half.

Diesel, the problem with pushing Chills to start at this point is that Marvin has played great all three games. Chills stucnk it up the first two games. Wait until he strings together a couple of good games before the "Chills for starting SF" campaign begins!

D-Bag,

Your just flat wrong on Marvin and everyone on this board is well aware of your agenda. You cannot be a TRUE Hawks fan while hating almost daily on one of their players, even as the player looks great and produces.

People are tired of this discussion. They are tired of your agenda. Marvin is a great kid with huge upside and he is a huge part of this team. The fact is that people here can't take another 5 years of your Marvin crap.

Find another cause. Go hug a tree, save the whales, or jump on the global warming cause as everybody here is a Hawks fan and sees Marvin very different than you.

You need to move on because your transparent agenda is making people sick and blowing what little credibility you have left. Give it a long rest.

Marvin should be starting over Chill. That's the consensus and if you don't believe it then start a poll.

I've been watchin Marvin closely these past few games (yes, Ive watched), and he is doing EVERYTHING better. So, he had one game where he had foul trouble. It happens to every player.

And, I'm not gonna get bated into your little fag game where you have e-beefs with people. Either one could be an effective starting SF for us. I just think (and most would agree) that Marvin is more effective starting, and Chill is effective filling in spots at the 2 and 3 as a 6th man (but still getting 30 minutes).

You act like Marvin is looking bad out there. That's just not the case anymore son.

• Premium Member

...And Diesel goes back on "ignore." That didn't take long.

I'm so sick of giving you second (and third and fourth...) chances. This is so childish. Go create a separate fan forum for your own amusement. The rest of us are fed up with it.