Another League Pass ?

ATLFANNCO

I'm loving LP on DTV, it's great to not only see the Hawks here in CO but all the other games/players that I rarely saw. Definitely worth the $

Every Hawks game so far has been the other teams announcers and I want to hear my homers, Rathbun & Smitty. I admit it is nice to hear them rave about our young guys, Billups said alot of good things.

How does LP determine the feed/announcers?

I live in New Jersey and have been watching the Hawks for about 10 years now on league pass and its great even for the price. I used to be spoiled when I got their games for free way back in the tbs days. The only bad thing is the Hawks Nets game last night was blacked out for me which makes no sense because the Devils in hockey dont get blacked out. AS FAR AS ANNOUNCERS GO they do have some crazy way of determining what telecast you get but I forget what it is. You will find that more often than not your gonna get the OTHER TEAMS ANNOUNCES. ITS CRAP I KNOW but outside of Atlanta pretty much every other teams anaylist say what a great job BK has done building this team.

They show the local sports network feed, like Sports South/FSN/YES and I get most of these in my sports package. I can watch SS/FSN until the game comes on then it's blackout, it seems like it wouldn't be difficult to allow us to watch whatever station we wanted if we paid for LP.

I'll email DTV and see what they have to say.

I can't see Hawks without the LP, but I am not willing to pay for it until I understand how the Blackouts work- LP did not list the Hawks Detroit game and it was blacked out for me here in NC on the sports channel it was on: FSN?

I don't want to pay for LP unless I get all telivised Hawks games, no blackouts.

Any one know how it works for an NC person with WNC directv local channels.

Quote:

I wish I could get Leaguepass... but the only version of it available here (Mexico City) shows 2 games a day. Guess what the chances are that one of those games is a Hawks game? yeah, exactly.

At least now I can listen to the games on a radio stream
frown.gif

If you have high speed internet there you can watch all the games online at NBA.com through league pass.

There are a couple things you can do Jim. #1 go on direct tv's website and serch for their sports packages. They have a place where you can type in your zipcode and it will tell you your local sports teams. Im not sure if the Hawks would be blacked out in nc or not but that may help. The other thing is to call direct tv right when a Hawks game starts and tell the person you want to order league pass but only if Hawks games wont be blacked out. They can useuly tell you what teams will be blacked out but if they dont know ask them to activate league pass when you know a Hawks game is on and see if its blacked out. If it isnt than tell them you want it. Maybe you will be lucky and they will only blackout the Hawks/ Bobcats games cause you live in nc.