• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who was there - how was the crowd?

thesheedera

I was there. I have noticed that a weekday crowd is never as good as a weekend crowd. I have been to both home games and By far the Dallas game was louder. Atlanta is still a pretty crowd it takes a lot to get them started. I did love that crowd at the dallas game. I will be at the games next Wed and Sun I will test this theary again.

Quote:

I was there. I have noticed that a weekday crowd is never as good as a weekend crowd. I have been to both home games and By far the Dallas game was louder. Atlanta is still a pretty crowd it takes a lot to get them started. I did love that crowd at the dallas game. I will be at the games next Wed and Sun I will test this theary again.

I was there and would agree with that theory. Traffic is getting horrible and the kids next to me that took the train said it was bad too. Sellouts will do that and thats why a lot of folks are not getting there until late. I never thought that I would have to get started much earlier to get to my seat at the game like I have to when I am catching a plane at Atlanta Airport. I have a quick way to leave the game but it does not work going to the game. Anybody know of any shortcuts to get the parking below the decks ??

A lot of folks arrived around halftime. The crowd enthusiasm was not what it s/h/b, imo, though I did my best to compensate. There was even a wave started at a critical juncture in the second half, when I was screaming for a defensive stand with the Hawks up 5 points. Sorry, but I just don't get the wave thing. Who needs to entertain yourself when the game hangs in the balance.

I left my place in Sandy Springs around 5, got to CNN Center to grab a beer around 6:15. A stalled car on the 14th Street ramp wasn't helping...line at the CNN Center entrance was ridiculous. I went back outside and used the neglected side entrance by the GWCC.

It was a late arriving crowd. Wasn't quiet as solid as the Dallas crowd, but I still expect that until we make a real push. Wednesday nights are tough...my voice is def. a little shaky right now though...

I, too, abhor seeing the wave at any sporting event...

I was there too. The crowd was pretty good. I mean, if it was like that EVERY game, and like the Mavs game or better during the "big games", that would be awesome. A lot of people there were high school kids I think, so that was somewhat strange. I didn't like the wave either because it was an important series of possessions when they started it.

Thanks for the info.

Wednesday night early tip ain't easy with all the road work going in in the city right now, and for the next couple years, probably forever.

Thanks to all you who made it there in person to support the squad.

If we keep the buzz going, it will only get harder to get tickets and get in on time.

Last year, I could leave my office and be sitting in my seat in about 25 minutes. That ain't happening so far this year.

I missed the opening tip of the DAL game and I barely made it for the tip last night even though I left my office at 6:15 (tip is around 7:08 and I got to my seat at around 7:05). To be safe, I am going to start leaving a full hour and half before tip instead of my usually half hour.

The crowd (though late-arriving) was great for a mid-week crowd. If we can get anywhere NEAR that many folks for the rest of the season during the week, I will be THRILLED!

Yup, the crowd was much more into the Dallas game. A few weird things did happen during the Phoenix game though...the wildest was the halftime game. Sometimes they'll have a couple of 6 yr old or so basketball teams play during the half. For this game the floor announcer Mike King did a great job and I think the crowd was almost as loud as for the Hawks when one of the teams had an outstanding play and score. The wave occurred during the mid third quarter I think, I actually got up once almost on time but not waving, rooting for a great play by Smoove I think..lol. Then the main announcer tried to get the crowd on their feet and behind the team at the break between the third and fourth quarters which was way too early IMO but most of the crowd got up. Even kisscam was weird, they had a lot that didn't want to kiss.

Traceman, I think I saw you in section 119 but you weren't in the front row as usual and the guy I thought was you was in a nice blue suit instead of your usual jerseys(which is how I sorta know what you look like). There were just three of us on the front row most of the night, I think 2 to 4 of those seats this year are guys that work at the arena.

With the construction this year I'm coming down Northside drive and then Marietta street to most games. I like the Georgia bar lot(especially when I have a bar member with me) or the back lot closer to the Dome. The Dome lot especially works well if you are going North on I75 since it's easy to get to Northside drive from that lot.

I did manage to throw on my Hawks hat though!

Also, I don't have a new jersey yet (no "Williams 24" to be found) and I don't want to wear my old one (though I might have to break it out if they don't get any soon).

I'll be in that same seat for the game on Sunday (119, Row G, Seat 5). Give me a shout!