• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Danny Ainge trade Antonie Walker?

Would you trade them straight up? Tell me you wouldn't do this and play Walker as our SF...

Atlanta trades: PF Chris Crawford (4.8 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.2 apg in 7.6 minutes)

SF Glenn Robinson (20.8 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 3.0 apg in 37.5 minutes)

Atlanta receives: PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 41.5 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -5.5 ppg, -0.8 rpg, and +1.6 apg.

Boston trades: PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 41.5 minutes)

Boston receives: PF Chris Crawford (4.8 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.2 apg in 5 games)

SF Glenn Robinson (20.8 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 3.0 apg in 69 games)

Change in team outlook: +5.5 ppg, +0.8 rpg, and -1.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Atlanta and Boston being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta and Boston had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1023448

or this, to sweeten the pot for them (they need help at the pg position anyhow):

Atlanta trades: SF Glenn Robinson (20.8 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 3.0 apg in 37.5 minutes)

PF Chris Crawford (4.8 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.2 apg in 7.6 minutes)

PG Dan Dickau (3.7 ppg, 0.9 rpg, 1.7 apg in 10.3 minutes)

Atlanta receives: PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 41.5 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -9.2 ppg, -1.7 rpg, and -0.1 apg.

Boston trades: PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 41.5 minutes)

Boston receives: SF Glenn Robinson (20.8 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 3.0 apg in 69 games)

PF Chris Crawford (4.8 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.2 apg in 5 games)

PG Dan Dickau (3.7 ppg, 0.9 rpg, 1.7 apg in 50 games)

Change in team outlook: +9.2 ppg, +1.7 rpg, and +0.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Atlanta and Boston being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta and Boston had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

he's a sf by game, much more so than SAR. He boards and handles the ball well for his size and position, even at SF. His passing abilities and fearlessness, which is sometimes his downfall, would open this team up.

Such an acquisition actually makes some sense for both teams - contracts for all players involved are of equal duration (two years). I have my problems with Toine and his shot selection at times, but I think he'd bring some life and excitement to the team...it'd be worth a shot.

In realizing that changes need to be made, sometimes risks have to be taken and proposals need to be somewhat realistic...I think that this fits both bills.

Why trade one black hole for another? Ever watched the Celtics offense? 'Toine doesn't know the meaning of the word "pass." I'll pass on him.

I think we could see Portland go after him, though. Pippen is a FA, and they're unsettled at the PG spot. Walker is a model citizen and Portland loves Randolph. Boston wants a true PF.

'Sheed for 'Toine, anyone? Maybe if they got really creative it could be Wallace/Stoudamire for Walker/Baker. Portland has that whole 'cleaning up the image' thing, though.

Wallace/Stoudamire for Walker/Baker/Delk works on the checker.

Portland:

Delk/DA/Walker/Randolph/Davis

Boston:

Stoudamire/Pierce/Williams/Wallace/Battie

I dunno, seems too crazy to work.

• Premium Member

but his shot selection is the worst in the NBA...sure is fun to watch, though...A good coach would try to rein him in.

Boston wouldn't want Dickau since they already have Bremer...

How about:

Atlanta trades: SF Glenn Robinson (20.8 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 3.0 apg in 37.5 minutes)

C Nazr Mohammed (4.6 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.2 apg in 12.8 minutes)

PF Chris Crawford (4.8 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.2 apg in 7.6 minutes)

SF Eric Williams (9.1 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.7 apg in 28.7 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -1.0 ppg, +0.2 rpg, and +3.1 apg.

Atl:

JT/Dickau

Dion/DJ

Walker/Willams

SAR/#21

Theo/Hendu

Williams replaces Newble and would get probably 20-25 min/game off the bench as a defensive role player when Walker &/or SAR rest...It would be an interesting offense to watch. But would it work? Who knows...

like I said, I have my fears with that trade/lineup but it'd be fun to watch and has definite "upside" if a good coach is brought in that can get through to Walker and reign him in some...which is what O'Brien has done with decent success up there most of the time (Silas would be perfect now that I think about it)

• Premium Member

You guys have obviously never watched the Celtics play. All the crying about Big Dog and his shots... Walker led the league in 3 pt attempts for the last 3 years. And his shooting percentage overall is Poor.

Grob has shown that in a good offensive set with a good PG he can play controlled and shoot 46-47% from the field. This year, Toine shot... 38.8%...

For the last 5 years...

38.8%, 39.4%, 41.3%, 43%, 41.2%....

Do you know how bad that is for a PF?

Even this year... Big Dog's worst shooting year, he shot over 43%.

That means that Walker is a guy who would come in and do nothing but Chuck 3 pters all game long....

Yes, Ainge would trade him. Ainge would trade him so fast it would make your head spin.

The only good thing about Walker is that he would be a good player to run the break with but he's not a great finisher. In fact, he's liable to pull up for a 3 on the break?

Maybe, he can teach SAR how to do the Toine Shake...

• Premium Member

Whatsa matta....

Did your feeling get hurt? You may not know this but every post on this board, save those about NEWS are as you would say... Hypothetical. Like.. What if JT were a Pure PG.... Reality is that He's not.

However, when I read what you said:

In reply to:

Williams replaces Newble and would get probably 20-25 min/game off the bench as a defensive role player when Walker &/or SAR rest...It would be an interesting offense to watch. But would it work? Who knows...

I just pointed out WHY it wouldn't work from my standpt...

Whatsamatta? Did you think getting rid of Big Dog and bringing in Big Hole would make everyone's dreams Come true??

Moreover, your trade scenerio is probably Possible as is JT for Miller under the right circumstances.

However, if you want to be a DREAMER... Come up with something that's NOT LIKELY.

GRob/Theo for KG for instance. Wouldn't that be great? Who would play SF? KG or SAR??? I think KG should because SAR has very good Low post moves and can't shoot from outside.

in response to mrHonline: (i donno how to do that "in reply to:" thing.)

just a few things to consider -

first of all, i do agree it would be a terrible trade for both, and unlikely that either team would pull the trigger, or even consider it.

but do understand that Toine has a SF game more than anything, and is forced to play PF because of boston's lack of big men (and will actually play SF when they send dudes like battie and baker/blount out there). problem is that he's a bit too slow to keep up with faster SFs on defense. but as complete packages go, he's an excellent scorer, rebounder, passer, ball handler. the big knock being that after so many years in the league (after so many years under pitino) he still doesn't know how to PLAY BASKETBALL. i.e. his basketball IQ is zero.

neither teams have room for the other one in their plans, ya know? hawks can't use toine (even if his shotselection got better) and celtics sure as [censored] don't need GRob.

basically, all due respect to the Big Dog (i was the biggest fan when he came out, at one time had all his rookie cards, even the inserts, at the cost of autographed anfernee hardaway rookie card, which was worth quite a bit at the time), he's a grounded Nique at best, a SF who can score like there's no tomorrow, but without much else of a game (let's be objective here).

as someone who'd grown up in boston, i'd like to see toine gone. at the same time though, i think if he goes to a team with a real offense and a coach who has good control over his players, toine can rein in his trigger finger. Jim Obrien is a nice guy, smart basketball guy, but seems to have no control whatsoever of what goes on on the floor.