• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How to become a contender in the East (SO SIMPLE)

BHayley

Any two of the following four will get us on top of the East

1. Trade for Jermaine O'Neal.

He just said he wouldn't object to a trade, so get rid of Josh Smith, Speedy, Shelden, + Lue and get Jermaine and a pick or something

2. Fire Mike Woodson and replace him with anyone besides Larry Drew. Wtf is the hype about Larry Drew being a good coach? Who is this guy?

3. If the O'Neal trade falls through, trade Lue + anyone tradeable for Jose Calderon.

4. Pau Gasol

Any trade where we could get rid of Josh Smith, T. Lue, and even Speedy would be money.

It's so funny seeing all the Josh Smith bashing. Haven't y'all noticed that EVERYONE sucks in our offense? Hmm... I wonder why? I can't wait until he starts playing well OFFENSIVELY.

It's also funny that everyone just discounts his defense like it means nothing, but everyone is so offensive minded. I guess y'all haven't noticed how slack some other stars have began the year, but it doesn't matter, Josh Smith sucks. 6 games into the season, lets trade our best young prospect, nice.

Quote:

It's so funny seeing all the Josh Smith bashing. Haven't y'all noticed that EVERYONE sucks in our offense? Hmm... I wonder why? I can't wait until he starts playing well OFFENSIVELY.

It's also funny that everyone just discounts his defense like it means nothing, but everyone is so offensive minded. I guess y'all haven't noticed how slack some other stars have began the year, but it doesn't matter, Josh Smith sucks. 6 games into the season, lets trade our best young prospect, nice.

Yep. It's deja vu. banghead.gif

Quote:

See my thread..I am like Nostradamous.

Quote:

Yeah, his perimeter shooting (I.E. taking away shots from Marvin and Joe) really helps us, doesn't it?

From Joe? You mean the guy that ALSO can't hit anything to save his life?

Marvin won't create for himself, he still defers, he's just making his open jumpers and finishing inside this year. That being said, he still doesn't look for his shot at all (although he should). SOMEONE has to TRY and create because under Woodson all we can do is go 1 on 1. Since noone else will try it, at least Smith has the cajones too. That will change soon enough, and hopefully JJ can start hitting and Woodson get fired.

It's rediculous how many people here watch all the games but have no idea what they're watching, or don't understand WHY certain things happen. WHY do you think Salim shot so much last year? Because NOONE on our team could score! I GUARANTEE Woodson told him to come in the game and look for his shot. Yet he gets bashed because noone else on our team could score and thus we had to rely on him.

• Premium Member

The Grizz are rebuilding around Gasol, they had the chance to trade him to us before the draft so they could draft Horford and Conley and did not do it.

The Atlants Spirit does not want to pay a risk like O'Neal and what he's being paid.

No, the whole point of this pastoffseason was for Josh Smith to work with Hakeem and develop a POST game. Has he been posting up and getting more scores? No. Game over. I still see those same low quality jumpshots I have seen over last years. I don’t care if he is a DPOTY candidate. He has a bad ego and is going to kill our chemistry if this continues. So JJ is in a slump—big deal. Michael Redd isn’t doing so well either—does he suck?

To Sothron, how are we supposed to find Joe help without risking taking a contract? We have to take a risk instead of sitting as an average/mediocre team that we are right now.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, IF WE LOSE TONIGHT, WOODSON NEEDS TO BE FIRED.

Quote:

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, IF WE LOSE TONIGHT, WOODSON NEEDS TO BE FIRED.

Are you underestimating the Bobcats?

They are a respectable team right now. They smoked the Heat yesterday, even without Wade we would have lost to them.

But I agree Woody needs to go right now if you ask me.

Quote:

Any trade where we could get rid of Josh Smith would be money.

Haley, you are a friggin' idiot. Everyone who reads this crap needs to realize this is from a guy who sent me (and probably many others) PRIVATE MESSAGES bashing me, calling me a bad fan, etc. last season when I was calling for us to tank for draft picks. How did the picks work out for us, Nostradamus? I like that you have become a bit more cynical but now it's you being uber-negative, so you have also become a complete hypocrite. I shouldn't be surprised about your quote but you are a complete IDIOT if you think trading Josh Smith would be good for this team. The only thing Woody has done right (but then again, this is a no-brainer for anyone besides you) is to play Smoove as much as JJ. He brings so much to our team in the way of blocks, steals, rebounds, and yes, scoring. There is a reason the guy is a top 20 fantasy player. Higher than even JJ. HE FILLS UP THE STAT SHEET. Even as raw as he is, he still makes the game change in ways that seasoned veterans only dream they could. The sky is the limit for Josh. Thankfully, BK and everyone else with half a brain knows this so your ignorance is really only trivial.

case and f'n point. how often does smoove make a crazy block to prevent a high percentage shot that leads a fast break two for us? every time he does that, which is sometimes 4-5 times per game, that is a four point swing for us. thats sometimes 16 points difference in score DIRECTLY ATTRIBUTABLE TO SMOOVE. chew on that for a while. get back to us when you get a clue.