• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Interesting thought, trade for Lewis + James

cyman3

What u think? Kukoc + Ratliff for resigned Lewis (he can do better than a mid-exeption at houston here) + resigned James.

heres how it works: Everyone knows Ratliff is better than James, and Lewis is better than Kukoc.

But look at James' numbers. He led NCAA Division I in blocked shots (4.63 bpg) in 1997-98 as a senior at Florida A&M.

16.9 mpg, .491 %, 4.10 rpg, 1.54 bpg, 5.3 ppg

Thats his numbers after 1 and half quarters.

We can double his minutes here and look at what we get:

24 MPG, .491 %, 8.2 rpg, 3 bpg, 10 ppg

not bad hey? Of course, this is just theorically assuming the fact hes production is the same if given the 2x more time.

Lewis is a good player too.

PG: Terry, Dickau

SG: Johnson, Glover

SF: Lewis, Newble, Crawford

PF: Abdur-Rahim, Henderson, Smith

C: James, Moahmmed

wat u think?

I would most definitley do that deal because A it gives us some with size that blocks shots at center. B because I think the aquisition of Lewis speaks for itself. We would lineup one of the tallest most athletic teams in the Nba.

I would start Jerome James over Mohammed simply because he is a better rebounder and he blocks shots. Nazr can play around 25mpg and James 23mpg.I like the deal as well. Ratliff might be better now than James but James has alot of potential plus he is a true center a 7'1 270 unlike Theo 6'10 230lbs.Theo is the reason the trade would work but the Hawks are afraid to let Theo go(They to some extent over value him).

I remember when he used to play at FAMU as much as I try to support players from HBCUs I have to say Jerome James really isn't any better than Nazr. In fact I remember he used to look foolish/lost in the annuall UF-FAMU game and the FSU-FAMU game. I dont care if he did play in the MEAC he should have been having a field day against the College competition.

But I will give him credit I heard he had a lot of groupies in college.

"Even when my life wasn't right my pimp was tight " -Jay Z 1995

Well, when Jerome James was at Florida A&M, he was around 330 lbs. He was severely overweight and out of shape when he was drafted in the 2nd round by the Kings.

James is down to 270 lbs and was good enough last year to be a starter on the Sonics by the end of the season. I don't think Nate McMillan would start anyone just for the heck of it. He was 3rd in the Coach of the Year voting this year, which kind of validates me wanting him for the Hawks when they were looking for a coach (I think Nate was Jay's guy as well; Mark Bradley may have mentioned him as well).

You should check out my post from yesterday. I said the best coaches in the league are Isaih, Nate McMillian, Doc Rivers and Maurice Cheeks. For that I was accused of being a closet racist b/c no one in my top tier was white Go figure. But anyway, that tangent aside, I'm glad to see someone agrees that Nate is an exceptionally gifted coach. I don't think Seattle had enough talent to win 3 games without him.

Anyway back to James, I hope he has developed I haven't seen much of him since he left college. And believe me you I spent a lot of time at FAMU games. James seemed like a fat wanna be thug back then. If his game has progressed I am estatic to hear it, but if you saw him in college you would be as shocked as I am.

" If you see me makin money don't begrudge me just love me" -Jay Z 1993 (underground release)

I not impressed with what Isiah has done in Indiana. He's got very good talent up there, but he seems to me to be one of those coaches that wants his players to do it the way he did it. That's why most star players don't make good head coaches.

I like Nate McMillan. I like Doc Rivers. It is a shame that Mo Cheeks has to suffer coaching those head cases he has in Portland.

But, to me, the best coaches in the NBA are:

1. Phil Jackson -- Sure, he has coached the two biggest superstars of the last decade. But, Del Harris couldn't win one with Shaq, and Doug Collins couldn't win with Jordan. I think Phil should be given a lot of credit for convincing Jordan to be more team oriented and handling the clashing personalities of Kobe Bryant and Shaq.

2. Larry Brown -- I think he is a great teacher of the game and can get a lot out of very little.

I also like Rick Carlisle, but he doesn't have the longevity I want to see yet. He had jack squat for talent in Detroit and took that team to the 2nd best record in the East.

I could live with Phil, although he has never had a bad team, who could loose when you r coaching Shaq/Kobe/MJ. But I maintain Larry Brown is an idiot. He tries to make AI into his scape goat, by playing what I like to call the Thug card. He knows its easy to get the media to attack AI, so he throws all his ineptitudes off on AI, " Oh Allen doesn't practice, oh allen has cornrolls and tattoos, of allen is a thug/rapper he doesn't listen" I hate him and George Karl, who should have been severely fined for his comments last season.

As for Isaih I will tell you what if next year Indiana isn't one of the more dominant teams in the league I will move him to my second tier. But I am still impressed with him.

My jury is out on Carlisle