• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What about drafting.........

jjjohns3

Luke Walton???? Isn't he a Point Forward with good size and rebounding ability??He may be available in the 2nd rnd too.

While Ezra Williams could be a undrafted FA for us too. So we could get 1st rnd talent in the 2nd rnd & through FAs.

Any Thoughts???

Neither player is 1st Round talent. Other years, they would both probably be 2nd Rounders. This year, both may go undrafted.

Walton is one of those "glue" players. Isn't a great athlete. Won't "wow" you with any of his skills. But, he's a smart player and good passer. Would probably make a good coach. I wouldn't mind giving him a shot on the summer league team.

Your hometown obsession with Ezra Williams needs to cool a bit, though. Georgia was totally reliant on Harrick's system. Hayes made a name for himself only by playing outside of the system. Williams will make a good player in the NBDL or Europe, but that's the best he can hope for.

• Premium Member

Normally,

Second round draft picks mean nothing. I know CoachX have gone about pointing out some of the late first and second rounders who have made an impact, but it really comes down to who Billy Knight has on his scouting Staff. Seems like the same Babcock regime. BUt look at Knight's track record.

IN Vancouver...

Pau Gasol (3rd)

Shane Battier (5th)

Will Solomon (33)

Stromile Swift (2nd)

In Indy.....

Vonteego Cummings (26)

Al Harrington (25)

Austin Croshere (12)*

Eric Dampiere (10)*

Mark Pope (52)*

Travis Best (23)*

Fred Hoiberg (52)*

So this is Knight's track record. The * denotes that these are picks that I'm not sure if he had the FINAL say but I know he was head scout and head of managing day by day affairs of the Pacers. Impressive is that they picked Hoiberg at 52, Harrington at 25, and Best at 23. Unimpressive is Croshere at 12 (not that Croshere is unimpressive but there were better players that followed), Cummings at 26, and Solomon. He did oversee the SAR trade which got Vancouver Gasol/Wright/Knight in exchange for SAR/Tinsley. The bottom line is that I think he'd do a good job with our early picks but if we go to the second round, don't expect him to find GOLD.

Ezra could be a good role player in the NBA. He has tremendous upper body strength to make up for his average atheleticsm and has a grade A spot up jumper with serious range. Every team needs shooters off the bench. Ezra is an assassin from beyond the NBA 3 point line and is very consistent. His strength allow him go inside and mix it up more than most college guards. I think he would fill a need off the bench and would come really cheap.

Man why you being a hater. Ezra Williams is a good basketball player. He has good range on his jumper, and has knocked down many big time shots at Georgia. He has just as good of a chance to be good as anyone else. I expect him to be more polished than all the babies coming into the league. He was a big time recruit out of the state of Georgia thats never disapointed me.

Just say no to Luke Walton. We have enough unathletic people on this team. I can just imagine Dogg and Luke slowwalker running the break. Just say no.