• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is the locker room split on Woody?

HAWKS1986

I think there is some truth that talk of tanking, but it might not include the whole locker room. The season is still relatively young, but I would like to know who is the pro-tank players and the anti-tank players.

Is Marvin or Chillz a pro-tank player? Sometimes he just doesn't show up sometimes or the apparently moody Josh Smith who loves to shoot threes despite his low FG percentage.

Saturday night vs. Minnesota could have been disastorous, but maybe the anti-tank and pro-tank people come together AT HALFTIME and said that we are in this together.

Woody isn't the best coach, but we have to win despite of him for the sake of being professionals.

Not sure.

Chillz, Marvin, Lue, Horford, Acie, and JJ, and Mario I'm sure are completely against tanking.

I'm sure they're all tired of Woody though.

ZaZa I'm sure is pissed because he's not being used like Dwight Howard or Garnett are.

Solomon and Shelden are pissed they are talented and don't play

AJ and Smoove have their beefs with Woody

Salim.....?

• Premium Member

What I was told was it was "non rookies, its guys who have been here" and that is an exact verbal quote from the original source.

My personal speculation is that you would have to look at the non rookies, which takes Horford and Law out of the picture, and try and think of reasons why each player may want to get Woody axed.

This is just my thoughts, not "insider" information here, but my first suspects would be guys like Smoove and possibly JJ. Smoove has $$$ reasons to possibly want a higher profile role in our offense. JJ is frustrated enough with them not trading to get him another veteran guy that he may think getting a coach fired will "send a message" to Knight.

But then after I got that call and talked to someone else the team makes a terrific comeback and wins the game with JJ and Smoove really leading the charge. So if there is some kind of interior element that wants to tank (remember, all I was told was that some players TALKED about tanking, not agreeing to it) then did the non-tankers make this a statement game against it?

I don't know but with my first two suspects playing well in a game where they easily could have lost (down by 21) those two guys played well in crunch time. I keep trying to think of someone else on the team who would have the mentality to get a coach fired and the only other guy with a motive I can see would be Salim. Its well known Woody and Salim don't get along and Salim is always wanting more minutes. But he's hurt right now...did he mention this to the guy's suiting up tonight?

I don't know. If I find out I will try to share it here if I get the nod.

Quote:

You would think a team coming out and playing inspired basketball in the 2nd half to pull off a great comeback on the road would kill all of this talk of "pro-tanking" factions in the locker room.

Exatcly, this is 100% not true. They could have easily just give up after being down double digits for most of the game.

Quote:

That may be why "talking about" and "the team agreeing" are not exactly the same, no?

I don't know man, but this would be the perfect oppurtunity for them to tank since they were playing lowly Wolves and trailing big. Even if they didn't agree to it.

I just want Woody fired, he is out of his mind.

• Premium Member

I would have thought if they had agreed to it then yes, that game tonight would have been perfect timing. But with their coming back and winning it makes me wonder if the players were either sending a vote of confidence for Woody or they were saying "we're not going to tank to get him fired" to the players who were talking about it?

Quote:

I would have thought if they had agreed to it then yes, that game tonight would have been perfect timing. But with their coming back and winning it makes me wonder if the players were either sending a vote of confidence for Woody or they were saying "we're not going to tank to get him fired" to the players who were talking about it?

Or maybe this "conversation" never "happened."

Quote:

I hope they don't try to tank to get him fired. Can they all talk to Bk or the ownership about it first? For example one player goes to Bk and tells him that the players are not happy with the way Woody is coaching, but no player wants that responsibilty though.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

And maybe you are not the real "Al Horford"?

OH NOEZ! I JUST FLIPPED IT RIGHT BACK ON YOU INTERNET TOUGH GUY!! shocked.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And maybe you are not the real "Al Horford"?

OH NOEZ! I JUST FLIPPED IT RIGHT BACK ON YOU INTERNET TOUGH GUY!! shocked.gif

And the funny thing is, I have just as much credibility.

There was no tanking people. We were down big to New Jersey,Miami,Seattle,amd Milwaukee and still managed to get back in the game in all of them. The Wolves were basically on fire for the 1st half(Toine and Jefferson went like 11/11 from the field) and the law of averages caught up to them in the 2nd half because they are a god awful team.

The only two players on the team I would say definitely would like to see Woody fired are Smoove and Salim for obvious reasons and even they haven't stopped playing for him.

Quote:

There was no tanking people. We were down big to New Jersey,Miami,Seattle,amd Milwaukee and still managed to get back in the game in all of them. The Wolves were basically on fire for the 1st half(Toine and Jefferson went like 11/11 from the field) and the law of averages caught up to them in the 2nd half because they are a god awful team.

The only two players on the team I would say definitely would like to see Woody fired are Smoove and Salim for obvious reasons and even they haven't stopped playing for him.

I wouldn't be mad at Woody if i was Smoove. Smoove has freedom to do anything he wants in Woody's offense. Shelden and Salim should be pissed of the most.

Doesn't sound like Marvin's it on the coup...

"I don't think you can ask for anything better than that," Marvin Williams said. "Once we made our minds up to defend and be more aggressive in the passing lanes, things that coach tells us all the time, this whole game turned around."

Actually credits Woodson and makes it sound like they don't always listen, unless by coach he means Larry Drew smile.gif

link

I don't know if it is divided . . . but both media, sport reporters and blogs have become so outspoken and most of what you hear is said without conscience. It seems the line has been crossed more and more on this board wher reasonable talk goes to unreasonable. And it turns from Hawk Squawk to Hawk Squabble. Everyone has responsibility to make HS what it is intended to be . . . everyone has to do their part.

To quote the Allman Bros: "Don't mess up a good thing."

How much respect does Coach Drew receive from the players (especially the young veterans Chillz, Marvin, Josh, Salim) in comparison to Woodson..

Does Drew's coaching approach (i.e. emphasis on defense) get through to the players moreso than Woody's..

Do the players feel they can go to Drew to sort out issues moreso than Billy Knight, who is Woody's former teammate and best friend?