• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith for Andris Biedrins

NJHAWK

I saw it posted a little while ago and I will admit I dont know much about AB however I did look at his stats. This of corse could be dangerous because if you look at JS stats alone you would think he was a great player until you consider his turnovers and field goal %. Anyway AB gets you about 10ppg from the center spot shooting over 60 % which is great. He gets almost 10rpg which is better than Smoove. He gets a couple assist per game which isnt bad for a center but nothing to write home about. He also almost never goes to the line which for a big man is alarming. Nobody can block shots like Smoove but AB gets his share. Honestly I would have to watch this guy play alot more before I could say he is worth Smoove. However Smoove is really pizzen me off with his bonehead play. If we need a talented team player and maybe a guy who fits better as opposed to pure atletic talent it may have to be considered.

1.I don't believe Biedrins for Smith was offered as it doesn't make sense for Golden State.

2.Josh Smith is a better player than Biedrins IMO but they have about the same amount of value around the league.

3.I believe I heard some one say that trading Smith for Biedrins would make our offense and defense worse...the defense part is debatable but there aren't many players in the NBA who are as offensively inefficient as Josh Smith. He's basically doing his best Antoine Walker impersonation right now...he would be so much better if he just STOPPED shooting. I put the blame on Josh AND Woody for apparently giving him the green light to keep shooting when he has proven he can't shoot. He is the 4th option(at best) on any good NBA team.

Id say after the 1st couple games it was over reacting or emotional as you say. Now its just plain contempt that this guy tries to be a one man gang every time he gets the ball. Its getiin to be ground hog day with Smoove. My God at least Al Harrington could make shots. Like I said I dont know enough about Biedrins but something has to be done. I guess we can wait til Acie comes back and hope that a rookie pg will make the differance and keep Smoove in his place on offense. If he cant then it may be time to MOVE SMOOVE. lol

You cannot think of trading Josh at this point; he's one of the best paint patrol guys in the league. He'd be much more effective on offense and can raise his FG% dramatically if he just doesn't take jump shot anymore. Biedrins got such a high FG because his FG comes from dunks and putbacks. If Josh would only do that, then he's has a lot more value than Biedrins since that's the only thing Biedrins has on Josh.

Quote:

Id say after the 1st couple games it was over reacting or emotional as you say. Now its just plain contempt that this guy tries to be a one man gang every time he gets the ball. Its getiin to be ground hog day with Smoove. My God at least Al Harrington could make shots. Like I said I dont know enough about Biedrins but something has to be done. I guess we can wait til Acie comes back and hope that a rookie pg will make the differance and keep Smoove in his place on offense. If he cant then it may be time to MOVE SMOOVE. lol

How old is he? How often is a player fully developed offensively by the time they're 21 years old? He needs better coaching, obviously, if he's allowed to have such horrible shot selection, but why trade a great raw talent?

WHY in HELL would we trade Josh for another player who SUCKS at offense?? Isn't that our biggest problem? Not to mention Biedrins sucks at defense also. If we trade Josh, it needs to be in a bigger package to get someone to pair with JJ. SCREW trading him in order to move backwards for Biedrins.

Pau Gasol is my #1 favorite option right now.

Quote:

Quote:

How old is he? How often is a player fully developed offensively by the time they're 21 years old? He needs better coaching, obviously, if he's allowed to have such horrible shot selection, but why trade a great raw talent?

You got it!

Sometimes we forget that we have the youngest team in the NBA... Well, for couple of years now... I understand the frustrations, but we have to be just a bit more patient! We got so much talent, others would kill for...

Better coaching would certainly speed up that process...

Quote:

You cannot think of trading Josh at this point; he's one of the best paint patrol guys in the league. He'd be much more effective on offense and can raise his FG% dramatically if he just doesn't take jump shot anymore. Biedrins got such a high FG because his FG comes from dunks and putbacks. If Josh would only do that, then he's has a lot more value than Biedrins since that's the only thing Biedrins has on Josh.

Maybe we should just hire a brain surgeon and and work out a SNT Biedrins mind wink.gif I am sorry man, but after four years in the NBA you either start getting it or you don't. Right now, Smoove could fit his basketball IQ in a thimble.

• Premium Member

Quote:

WHY in HELL would we trade Josh for another player who SUCKS at offense?? Isn't that our biggest problem? Not to mention Biedrins sucks at defense also. If we trade Josh, it needs to be in a bigger package to get someone to pair with JJ. SCREW trading him in order to move backwards for Biedrins.

Pau Gasol is my #1 favorite option right now.

I gave this some thought myself, and you sir, are 100% correct. thumb3d.gif