• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smart Players

cyman3

Josh Childress is the smartest player on our team. He plays within himself. He understands what he can and cannot do. I feel like hes the type of player who can play well on any team in the NBA.

Same w/ Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams.

Now, if we can only get Josh Smith to play w/ his strengths. I mean, you dont see Ben Wallace trying to score 20 ppg.

Dont do anything that hurts the team.

Woodson needs to take Smith out when hes taking 3s and hurting our team. Insert Josh Childress and let Smith come off the bench.

or have some kind of system. for every 2 shots made inside the paint, you are allowed to take 1 outside shot.

Karl had some kind of deal w/ Carmelo Anthony when he got too out of control.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Josh Childress is the smartest player on our team. He plays within himself. He understands what he can and cannot do. I feel like hes the type of player who can play well on any team in the NBA.

Same w/ Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams.

Now, if we can only get Josh Smith to play w/ his strengths. I mean, you dont see Ben Wallace trying to score 20 ppg.

Dont do anything that hurts the team.

This is the point that I have been trying to make for a very long time. But everyone wants to blame BK,Woodson, JJ,Marvin,the point guards etc. Something that makes no sense to me. Josh Smith is not a rookie any more...This is his 4th season as a pro but he still plays like a rookie. Everyone criticizes Marvin for not being more aggressive and wishes that he take more shots rather than give up the ball to Smith in the flow of the offense. You guys are nuts who think that. Marvin is doing exactly what he should be doing. So is Childress. Josh Smith is not even close to where he needs to be offensively. So just pass the ball and get a rebound Josh Smith please!

Quote:

Josh Childress is the smartest player on our team. He plays within himself. He understands what he can and cannot do...

Yes BUT...what he cannot do - like creating his own shot while being guarded is very important in the NBA. Therefore he is a hustling role player who cannot be counted on offensively in crunch time. Simple as that.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Yes BUT...what he cannot do - like creating his own shot while being guarded is very important in the NBA.

That is why you have teammates! You must love the Kobes,Mcgradys,Iversons,Vince Carters of the world. Just because a player is not a top 10 one on one player in this league does mean that he doesn't have a lot of value. By the way, Childress can post up and take players off the dribble very well!

Quote:

That is why you have teammates! You must love the Kobes,Mcgradys,Iversons,Vince Carters of the world. Just because a player is not a top 10 one on one player in this league does mean that he doesn't have a lot of value. By the way, Childress can post up and take players off the dribble very well!

You cannot talk to this guy. He is in Smoove denial and honestly beleives Smoove has the same type of game as the players above that you mentioned. Come to think of it, Smoove thinks he has their game to; which is why he takes all those bone headed jump shots that this guy thinks is equal to "creating your on shot".