• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith will not get traded

Rexhawk

I am getting tired of all of these stupid posts about trading Josh Smith for Gasol, Jermaine Oneal, etc. Bernie Mullins has stated publicly on the 680the fan (local station) that they are resigning Josh at the end of the season. Bernie stated "Josh Smith will become a Superstar in our league". If the CEO view Smoove as a superstar and said that the Hawks will match any offer in the summer, then why to people on this board assume that he will be traded. Steve Smith even stated that on 680 that he would trade other players (e.g. Childress, Shelden, ZaZa)before he would think about moving Josh due to his athleticisim and shot blocking.

People assume that Gasol or JO already haven't been offered for Josh by Grizzlies or Pacers. The hawks could have easily traded Josh and the number 3 pick for Amare.

Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, and Al Hoford will not be traded. They are all cheap (remember the lawsuit) and building blocks for this franchise.

Actually as talented as Smoove happens to be, he is killing the offensive flow. Between him and JJ the ball movement dies.

And he has built the equivalent of a huge neighborhood of brick houses all year. He's a Brick...HOUSE.

He has superstar tools physically, right now he needs to work on between his ears. I'm tired of his launching lousy shots and his 38% from the field. You can imagine how his teammates feel.

If I were Woody, I would sit his ass every time he felt the urge to shoot a 3. Every time. Until he no longer felt the urge. Smoove is one helluva sh!tty long range shooter. In fact, if he continues to launch ill advised shots, they need to change his name from J. Smoove to J. Clank.

Smooth would not be in the position to take those terrible shots if we had a point guard to control the offense and set the tempo. Without someone who can breakdown a defense then smoove and everyone else is left to go one on one. Smoove was not throwing up a bunch of shots when Speedy was healthy. In order for Smoove to be the player that people on this board wants him to be (e.g. around the rim player), then the Hawks have to put a healthy PG on the floor to put him in the right position.

Quote:

Smooth would not be in the position to take those terrible shots if we had a point guard to control the offense and set the tempo. Without someone who can breakdown a defense then smoove and everyone else is left to go one on one. Smoove was not throwing up a bunch of shots when Speedy was healthy.

When was Speedy healthy?

And a PG is leading the team, not directing one guy on where he should be 4 years into his career.

Quote:

I am getting tired of all of these stupid posts about trading Josh Smith for Gasol, Jermaine Oneal, etc. Bernie Mullins has stated publicly on the 680the fan (local station) that they are resigning Josh at the end of the season. Bernie stated "Josh Smith will become a Superstar in our league". If the CEO view Smoove as a superstar and said that the Hawks will match any offer in the summer, then why to people on this board assume that he will be traded. Steve Smith even stated that on 680 that he would trade other players (e.g. Childress, Shelden, ZaZa)before he would think about moving Josh due to his athleticisim and shot blocking.

People assume that Gasol or JO already haven't been offered for Josh by Grizzlies or Pacers. The hawks could have easily traded Josh and the number 3 pick for Amare.

Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, and Al Hoford will not be traded. They are all cheap (remember the lawsuit) and building blocks for this franchise.

You are believing something Bernie Mullin said? That guy is a dolt and has a track record of saying one thing when reality proves to be vastly different.

Plus, Bernie is essentially a taling head with no real authority at all within the organization.

Quote:

Smooth would not be in the position to take those terrible shots if we had a point guard to control the offense and set the tempo. Without someone who can breakdown a defense then smoove and everyone else is left to go one on one. Smoove was not throwing up a bunch of shots when Speedy was healthy. In order for Smoove to be the player that people on this board wants him to be (e.g. around the rim player), then the Hawks have to put a healthy PG on the floor to put him in the right position.

didnt we pass on chris paul and deron williams two allstar point guards thats what set this franchise back I dont care what anyone says thats the truth.

Quote:

Josh Smith is only "cheap" until this summer.

A decision will be made to either keep Smith and pay him about $10 mill per year or trade him. The third option is to let a team out bid us and he walks for nothing.

Will a trade happen now. Doubtful. BK has no track record of making major trades on the fly. If a deal is done it would be at the deadline. However, that does not stop us from saying: What if ?

What Bearnie said in September, on his weekly radio interview, may be different from what the ASG is thinking in December. Owners say what is "politically correct" to their fan base at that present time. Contrary to that, believe it or not, the boss who writes your pay checks does evaluate his employees performances periodically. Smith's performance up to date this season is bad. His growth as player has stopped, actually more like a regression as a player offensively who refuses to play within a team concept.

Josh's selfishness is hurting the team offensively and killing any resemblance of chemistry. JJ has called him out and Smoove only shot 9 shots the following game....Too bad he could not keep playing that way.

I too, hope Josh gets his act together. His selfishnesses and lack of maturity has been quite disturbing to watch on a nightly basis. I have never seen a guy who shoots 36% FG, shoot so many bad shots over and over and over and over and over and over.....you get the point. Stop Shooting ! Your open for a reason !

The sooner Smoove figures out he needs to focus his energy on defense and rebounding and leave the shooting for the players who can shoot....the better of the Hawks will be.

If Josh is traded it is only b/c he played his way out of town. This is the do or die year for Smith. The franchise will make a decision on his long term future based on this season's performance. It is in Josh Smith hands as to what type of performance he gives the front office to grade him on and make a decision on.

I think that if anyone should be traded, it should be Smoove or JJ. Not because of performance, but they are the most marketable and could fetch what is needed to make this a complete team. I'm sure that goes against the grain of what most casual fans think.

However, if Smoove is traded for a center/backup pg then Horford can move to his best position at PF.

If JJ is traded for a center/pg/filler, Marvin could slip into the SG position and Smoove could be the slashing (maybe one day) SF that he needs to be and Horford could again fall into his natural position at PF.

Unless management REALLY thinks that Horford is the solution at center long term, it only makes sense to consider making a move of this nature.

zbo