• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hollinger gives hawks a 60% chance of playoffs

DavidSomerset

this is all math-based and simulation-based

he took the stats for the year thus far, which includes strengths of schedules and such, and ran a simulation 5000 times for the rest of the season

then he put results on that page...so in 59.9% of those 5000 simulations, we made the playoffs; in the best one(s), we won 50 games; in the worst one(s), we won 24

Cool link, and very Encouraging!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, if we can make the playoffs, doubly great seeing as Pheonix will be receiving our non lottery draft pick. Makes the Joe Johnson trade look even better.

I bet Phoenix is hating that trade now, if for no other reason that they signed Diaw to that bloated contract! That stiff, even steve nash could only make him good for so long.

Very true. But Hollinger's simulation states that even with how we are playing now, we"re still most likely a high 30 win team, that barely gets in the playoffs. The reason why, is because of our usually good team defense, and the fact that the majority of the East have same consitency problems that we have.

That's why I don"t stress when I watch the Hawks. I know going in that I don't know which team will show up.

Quote:

Cool link, and very Encouraging!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, if we can make the playoffs, doubly great seeing as Pheonix will be receiving our non lottery draft pick. Makes the Joe Johnson trade look even better.

I bet Phoenix is hating that trade now, if for no other reason that they signed Diaw to that bloated contract! That stiff, even steve nash could only make him good for so long.

Correct me if I am wrong but is Phoenix not one of the top teams in the league? Did they not make the playoffs last year? Was the reason they have not won a championship because they lacked perimeter scorers or did it have something to do with a lack of interior defense, which obviously JJ would have provided?