• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JOE HAD A GOOD GAME

NJHAWK

WOW I ve seen a few post saying JJ sukked tonight. Now I know he wasnt super great like he can be but he had a good game. 23 points, 7-18 shooting which isnt terrible, 5-8 from 3 which is awesome, 4-4 from the line, 5 assist and 1 turnover. Thats far from sukking.

• Premium Member

Quote:

WOW I ve seen a few post saying JJ sukked tonight. Now I know he wasnt super great like he can be but he had a good game. 23 points, 7-18 shooting which isnt terrible, 5-8 from 3 which is awesome, 4-4 from the line, 5 assist and 1 turnover. Thats far from sukking.

Yeah, that's what you want from the supposed team leader. Shoot a poor percentage and take more shots than the your hot shooting teammate! Brilliant!

Joe was 7-18 and 5-8 FROM 3. Not only that but there were two plays where Joe missed a shot but eventually made one on the same posession, one where he hit a 3 after he missed inside and kicked it to Law who gave it back to Joe for a 3. Fcator in those 2 plays and he shot close to 50%. Count his made 3's into his efficency % and its easily over 50%. Marv shot 8-15 which is super but JJ helped get him open looks. JJ played smart cause he passed when the double teams came and drove when they didnt. He missed some shots close to the basket, they were not bad shots. Now the player you proclaim should be insulted by being mentioned in the same class with JJ shot 2-11. lmfao

Quote:

is a clear example of why Atlanta sports and its fans aren't taken seriously...

It's also a reflection of the growing frustration of the fans. We want a team leader. A dynamic type of guy. Joe isn't that, so people chip away at certain things. Personally, I would just like to see him stop taking those garbage j's that can be had at any time. He settles for those far too often, imo. Joe had a terrible last two minutes of the half. He was bested only by Smoove. Those two absolutely killed us in the last 2:40 of the half. It was 44-41 and a few bad shots and almost stolen balls and before you could blink, the game was over. I just want Joe to step up and not let those situations happen to the team so often.

Quote:

Quote:

It was 44-41 and a few bad shots and almost stolen balls and before you could blink,
the game was over.

LOL

yeah that 1 pt deficit going into the fourth quarter was insurmountable.

I'm not going to get into this with you, but that stretch effectively ended the game. They had control from that point on.

And look at you laughing about the loss. I'm obviously right. Those points allowed and not scored ultimately factored in to the loss. Or did that not actually happen? pillepalle.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It was 44-41 and a few bad shots and almost stolen balls and before you could blink,
the game was over.

LOL

I'm not going to get into this with you, but that stretch effectively ended the game. They had control from that point on.

And look at you laughing about the loss. I'm obviously right. Those points allowed and not scored ultimately factored in to the loss. Or did that not actually happen? pillepalle.gif

The Hawks were one point down after 3 quarters. Anyone who says this game was over at halftime doesn't understand basketball at all.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

the game was over.

LOL

So the 8 straight points ( two 3's by JJ ) the Hawks scored in the first 2 - 3 minutes of the 3rd quarter, didn't get us rigt back to the 3 point decifit that you cited where everything started to fall apart?

The game was lost in the first 5 minutes of the 4th, where we couldn't score and we couldn't get enough stops to keep us closer.

Quote:

Quote:

The game was lost in the first 5 minutes of the 4th, where we couldn't score and we couldn't get enough stops to keep us closer.

And it just so happens JJ was on the bench to start the 4th quarter.

And people wonder why Woody plays JJ 40+ minutes a night. Maybe in the 1st quarter, JJ should be the first to come out of a game, just to make sure he can play the entire 2nd half. The time when JJ is on the bench, is really the time in which either Marvin or Smoove need to take up the scoring load. LOL . . . but that brings up a whole other issue.

JJ is struggling making the midrange shot, no doubt on that. But his mere presence on the floor enables Marvin and Smoove to do what they do.

It'll be like benching Chipper Jones, if he were hitting .230 with only 4 home runs and 15 RBIs for about a 4 week stretch. You know what he's capable of doing, so you don't ever take the bat out of his hand. Let him keep swinging, because you know that he'll eventually get back to normal, and come up big for you.

But if you take him out of the lineup, the good pitches that the guys hitting in front or behind him were getting, will suddenly go away.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

the game was over.

LOL

The Hawks were one point down after 3 quarters. Anyone who says this game was over at halftime doesn't understand basketball at all.

Every possession counts. Especially 6 or 7 really bad ones to end a half. It was mainly Smoove's fault, anyway. But Joe is the team leader.

Quote:

Anyone who says this game was over at halftime doesn't understand basketball at all.

Stop being a total d!ck. I think a lot of people are getting a little tired of the way you totally throw reality in the garbage when talking about Joe Johnson. What is your deal? No one can say one negative thing about him. We all know he's a very good player and can help a team win. We all know that.

Quote:

I think a lot of people are getting a little tired of the way you totally throw reality

The reality is that a 1 pt deficit after three quarters is nothing to worry about. Certainly not enough to say the game is over.

The fact that you don't understand this doesnt really surprise me though.

Quote:

It'll be like benching Chipper Jones, if he were hitting .230 with only 4 home runs and 15 RBIs for about a 4 week stretch. You know what he's capable of doing, so you don't ever take the bat out of his hand. Let him keep swinging, because you know that he'll eventually get back to normal, and come up big for you.

But if you take him out of the lineup, the good pitches that the guys hitting in front or behind him were getting, will suddenly go away.

I agree but... don't you hate watching Chipper tap to second and short when his swing is off. weeds.gif

And Joe actually plays every game. Nice comparison, though. If we had a better coach and offensive philosophy, this would all be a moot point. Joe wouldn't be put in this kind of a position.

But what do I know, I just hate Joe Johnson, right? Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

Quote:

Quote:

I think a lot of people are getting a little tired of the way you totally throw reality

The reality is that a 1 pt deficit after three quarters is nothing. The fact that you don't understand this doesnt really surprise me though.

Yeah, I understand that. The reality is that we lost. My personal feeling was that we threw away a golden opportunity to have a lead going into the half, thus reducing our chances to win. You're the stat guy. What are the stats for teams trailing at the half? Not as good as the ones that were leading.

IMO, the flow of the game changed and we didn't recover from that hole. That's it. Obviously we had a chance. But as someone once said "they give out scholarships on the other side, too." Those are NBA players. The Raptors pounced on the opening. If we had done the same, we would all be talking about our great run to close the half. The fact that you want to make this personal doesn't surprise me, either. banghead.gif

Quote:

My personal feeling was that we threw away a golden opportunity to have a lead going into the half, thus reducing our chances to win

Any time the other team goes on a run it hurts the chances for victory. it is more of a problem late in the game when there is less time to recover.

Saying the game was over at halftime is just ridiculous.

Quote:

The reality is that we lost

More quality insight we can only get from you.

Quote:

The fact that you want to make this personal doesn't surprise me, either.

You mean like calling someone a d!ck?

Your maturity level is about the same as your interest level when the Hawks win, very low.

Quote:

Quote:

The reality is that we lost

More quality insight we can only get from you.

Quote:

The fact that you want to make this personal doesn't surprise me, either.

You mean like calling someone a d!ck?

Your maturity level is about the same as your interest level when the Hawks win, very low.

Exodus, I've tried to be nice but you are a loser. You are totally pathetic. It's all about you. I've seen you argue with at least ten people on this board. What about me? I had a misunderstanding with Graymule a year ago. So what? I apologized to him and we moved on. He's a grown man. Nothing like you. I can talk with coachx, northside and many other people that I have a fundamental difference of opinion with and I am not insulting to them. Everyone that I've had words withis cool with me, to my knowledge. I've given you many compliments in the past. We actually agree on a good deal. I think that's what you can't stand.

Quote:

I've told you this before and you don't get it. I have a life. While I have fun watching the games, I don't have the time to surf for pictures meant to "punk, own, or insult" fellow members. Is there a minimum number of posts after a win to make you happy?

You dumb down the entire board the way you get into pissing contests about anything with anyone. It's fine if you think I don't know anything. There are people on this board and in the actual real world whose opinion I respect that feel diferently than you. I've never said you didn't know anything. I've just said that you are a d!ck. Which you are, by the way.

• Premium Member

It doesn't bother me that he isn's scoring as well as he has. The "forced" shots aren't so much of a bother either, because he makes a good number of those. What's killing me about JJ are the shots we need him to make. Those critical J's where the defense has collapsed on someone and he's left open...and it always seems to happen right in the middle of a run - tied, down by 5, up by 3...

He's got to hit those shots. munching_out.gif